ADVERTISEMENT

Phil v. Tiger in $10MM Winner-Takes-All Golf Game?

JohnnieHolmesNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Golf.com reporting that a $10MM winner-takes-all golf game may be staged between Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods. Will be interesting to see which sponsor(s) has/have the appetite for that, and what the television ratings might be. Sad that such a sideshow commands more interest than anything on the existing PGA tour.

Reactions: seminoleed
We all remember the match play prime time events they had with Tiger vs various players years ago. The first one that Sergio won was fairly interesting but they went down hill fast after that even with Tiger in it.

He still draws viewers though so some sponsor might take a chance on it b/c with that much money on the line people just might tune in.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
This event doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest.

I have to agree that it would be something that would be on the background one but not anything I would go out of my way to see. Even if they said the winner got $100M it doesnt make it any more interesting to me. Both are ridiculously rich and winning the event will not change their lives or impact them at all.

Golf is interesting to me when its a tournament with history, the majors, and even then I need to have a rooting interest behind one of the golfers.

Golf.com reporting that a $10MM winner-takes-all golf game may be staged between Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods. Will be interesting to see which sponsor(s) has/have the appetite for that, and what the television ratings might be. Sad that such a sideshow commands more interest than anything on the existing PGA tour.
I hope Phil wins, Tiger is trash as a person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't get my money.
Me neither...Right now there's a good chance we might get to see the two living legends duel this very weekend at the Northern Trust for free. Both are sitting at even par during round one as I type.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT