ADVERTISEMENT

Ponder to the .....

guynole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Fruit Cove, FL
I would love to see Christian Ponder have one more shot. Dolphins need to pick up the phone and talk. Who else could they add to help them this season? Rip away.

Go Noles.

But, But, But ESPiN is saying that the Dolphins NEED to sign Kaepernick on their 24/7 Kaepernick channels.

I'm sure the Cuban-Americans down there in Miami would love this to happen
Colin-Kaepernick-01-10.jpg

Love his Castro shirt.

Last edited:
Kaeperick is much better than Ponder purely on the football field.

Ponder's chances of starting are pretty much done. Absolute crap QBs constantly get shuffled around the league but Ponder doesn't have a job right now, which should tell you something.

Kaeperick is much better than Ponder purely on the football field.

Ponder's chances of starting are pretty much done. Absolute crap QBs constantly get shuffled around the league but Ponder doesn't have a job right now, which should tell you something.

If you follow CP and his wife on social media you would know that sometimes he makes choices that are supportive of his family. They just had their second child and his wife just moved from college football to NFL coverage. I highly doubt he would take another football job at this time. Don't worry, he is doing great.

Don't ne suprised if the Fins go after Jay Cutler since there is a relationship between the head coach when he was the offensive coordinator with Chicago. I would love Ponder here but he hasn't been mentioned on S Fl radio as an option by the talking heads.

If you follow CP and his wife on social media you would know that sometimes he makes choices that are supportive of his family. They just had their second child and his wife just moved from college football to NFL coverage. I highly doubt he would take another football job at this time. Don't worry, he is doing great.
I don't follow Christian Ponder on social media. I'm glad he's doing great. However, he tried out to be the backup for Seattle but they signed someone else so I don't think that's completely accurate.

He would be great at broadcasting he should try that route me thinks.

Kaepernick, RG3, Ponder, even Manziel. All out of work, shows how hard the business is. QB's in the NFL are often more subject to feast or famine than most other positions in the league. I think he might get one more year somewhere, but most likely as a clipboard QB. He's smart and not controversial. That still counts for something.

Reactions: Bellis30
Kaepernick, RG3, Ponder, even Manziel. All out of work, shows how hard the business is. QB's in the NFL are often more subject to feast or famine than most other positions in the league. I think he might get one more year somewhere, but most likely as a clipboard QB. He's smart and not controversial. That still counts for something.
Correct, which is why Kaepernick is not employed. He still has the talent to start somewhere but he's a distraction.

Most players have no shot at a SB. They get a nice check and a solid pension. Chad Henne has carried a clipboard for the Jags for a few years now. His check always clears the bank and he will get a fat pension down the road. Things could be worse.

If Blaine Gabbard still has a job in the NFL, then Ponder will too. Heck, I'm thinking about doing a few sit-ups and trying out myself. Lots of not-very-good players masquerading as back-up QBs.

Most players have no shot at a SB. They get a nice check and a solid pension. Chad Henne has carried a clipboard for the Jags for a few years now. His check always clears the bank and he will get a fat pension down the road. Things could be worse.

The back-up gig is actually the way to go. You don't get beaten to a pulp, and, as noted, the checks and pension dollars flow freely. Just make sure you look good wearing the baseball hat and clipboard.

CK's girlfriend recently tweeted a photo of Ray Lewis and Steve Biscotti as slave owners, hard to believe this nonsense is helpful.

This! IMO, Ponder is done. He made some good money, his wife is successful and they just had a baby. Good for him!

No he is average to below average qb who bring a circus of distractions with him. that is why he is not employed.
Kaepernick is not below average. He had 16 TDs and only 4 picks playing for that trash 49ers team last year. He took them to the Super Bowl. He's a distraction which is why he's not employed. He's better than half of the starting QBs.

He's better than Cassel, Goff, Smith, Bortles, ect. He's also better than every other backup on a roster.

What about EJ Manuel. Maybe get traded there. Still think he has a chance

Matt Moore is better than ponder. We will be looking for a backup QB IMO. Nobody around the franchise is worried about starting Moore.

Kaepernick is not below average. He had 16 TDs and only 4 picks playing for that trash 49ers team last year. He took them to the Super Bowl. He's a distraction which is why he's not employed. He's better than half of the starting QBs.

He's better than Cassel, Goff, Smith, Bortles, ect. He's also better than every other backup on a roster.
He's a phenomenal athlete. Not a great QB. His athleticism is what helped him be sucessful. He's a great change of pace but much like RGIII, teams will figure out his limitations and exploit them.

Reactions: goldmom
No he is average to below average qb who bring a circus of distractions with him. that is why he is not employed.
Yep.

He's kinda like the anti-Tebow. A bit more talent, sure, but the baggage and distractions are like 10x what Tebow brought.

Even then, he's nowhere near the player he was 4 or so years ago.

CK's girlfriend recently tweeted a photo of Ray Lewis and Steve Biscotti as slave owners, hard to believe this nonsense is helpful.

See this needs some context. Normally I bite my tongue when misinformation gets tossed around on here regarding to circumstances like this. This time I won't.

The picture she posted was from Django. Yes Leo's character was a slave owner but it was more so a dipiction of Ray Lewis' comments and how he had the loyal slave mentality. For context Ray Lewis was tried for murder and was giving Colin advice on how to carry himself.

The same can be said for Michael Vick. To be clear Colin has committed NO crime. In fact, he is giving the voiceless a voice in regards to police violence against unarmed black people. I know Florida leans heavy to the right side of the spectrum and it's hard to put that into perspective but again he wasn't "disrespectful to the military". Not to mention there was an overwhelming amount of support from military personnel.

Lastly, as @PopsNole had pointed out there are a LOT of bad QB's out there getting work and the fact that Colin isn't is sad.

End rant.

See this needs some context. Normally I bite my tongue when misinformation gets tossed around on here regarding to circumstances like this. This time I won't.

The picture she posted was from Django. Yes Leo's character was a slave owner but it was more so a dipiction of Ray Lewis' comments and how he had the loyal slave mentality. For context Ray Lewis was tried for murder and was giving Colin advice on how to carry himself.

The same can be said for Michael Vick. To be clear Colin has committed NO crime. In fact, he is giving the voiceless a voice in regards to police violence against unarmed black people. I know Florida leans heavy to the right side of the spectrum and it's hard to put that into perspective but again he wasn't "disrespectful to the military". Not to mention there was an overwhelming amount of support from military personnel.

Lastly, as @PopsNole had pointed out there are a LOT of bad QB's out there getting work and the fact that Colin isn't is sad.

End rant.

Disagree, totally disrespected military and law enforcement.

End rant.
It's not surprising he's not employed. He's going to be a huge distraction wherever he is playing. There is going to be media everywhere worried about what he's going to say or if he'll kneel. It's going to be a huge pain in the ass. There is definitely a pro/con that needs to be considered just like there was with Tebow.

I still think he'll be picked up at some point but if Kaepernick wants to have a career in the NFL then he does need to keep his mouth shut just like every other NFL player because the owners and fans will hold it against you. If he believes speaking his opinions and ideals are too important than good for him but there will be financial consequences to it.

Reactions: samdingo
It's not surprising he's not employed. He's going to be a huge distraction wherever he is playing. There is going to be media everywhere worried about what he's going to say or if he'll kneel. It's going to be a huge pain in the ass. There is definitely a pro/con that needs to be considered just like there was with Tebow.

I still think he'll be picked up at some point but if Kaepernick wants to have a career in the NFL then he does need to keep his mouth shut just like every other NFL player because the owners and fans will hold it against you. If he believes speaking his opinions and ideals are too important than good for him but there will be financial consequences to it.

He has gone on record he isn't going to kneel anymore. I just find it funny/ sad that people are so upset about the action but not the cause of said action. People never mention that when discussing Colin.

He has all the right in the US to state his position.

When it comes to business he made a bad choice. A choice that divided and ailienated a large portion of the NFL audience. When he did that it cost the NFL money. When it cost the NFL money it most likely cost him a chance to sign a lucrative deal.

That is what happens in business. Not a great idea to throw your political beliefs all over your customers. They may not agree.

Reactions: fsu127
Its called 1st amendment right, research it.
This is going to get locked but I'd suggest you do the same...

no one is infringing on his freedom to speak his mind, and the 1st amendment only protects you from the government, not the repercussions of your speech.

In what way are his rights being violated?

He has all the right in the US to state his position.

When it comes to business he made a bad choice. A choice that divided and ailienated a large portion of the NFL audience. When he did that it cost the NFL money. When it cost the NFL money it most likely cost him a chance to sign a lucrative deal.

That is what happens in business. Not a great idea to throw your political beliefs all over your customers. They may not agree.

Which is why I support what he did even more. Muhammad Ali refused to participate in a war he did not support in his prime and was thrown in jail for such. Looking at it short sighted it was a bad financial decision but long term and in the grand scheme of things they are no different. The same way Ali was judged at the time of his choice is no different. Hopefully, someday Colin will be celebrated in the same light as Ali for being brave enough to use his platform to shine light on an issue even though he would be judged and called hypocritical for being brave enough to do so.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Which is why I support what he did even more. Muhammad Ali refused to participate in a war he did not support in his prime and was thrown in jail for such. Looking at it short sighted it was a bad financial decision but long term and in the grand scheme of things they are no different. The same way Ali was judged at the time of his choice is no different. Hopefully, someday Colin will be celebrated in the same light as Ali for being brave enough to use his platform to shine light on an issue even though he would be judged and called hypocritical for being brave enough to do so.

We agree, it was a bad financial decision. Appreciate the conversation have a good one.

Reactions: amckinnon317
And to the mods I hope that you don't feel the need to lock this thread as I, nor any of the people I am interacting with have been disrespectful to one another so far. Healthy debates are good and especially with issues such as this. Running from issues and not being willing to discuss them while articulating your stance only breeds more contempt and ignorance. Just my two cents.

ADVERTISEMENT