ADVERTISEMENT

Post a video of your favorite song right now...

One little earworm that will bury itself into your brain is The Night Begins to Shine which started as a parody of 80s music/culture on the funny 15 min animated show Teen Titans Go but was recently covered by several bands (the best is by CeeLo Green) but here’s the original.

If you like that bit of 80s nostalgia, they did a couple of others I liked.

All three of those “cartoon songs” have been added to my iPhone along with the cover by CeeLo

Reactions: squiffynole
Here's my favorite tune at the moment. Hope you dig!

Hopefully we can find some new stuff based on what other's post.
I like that a lot - thanks for sharing.

I've found that I like a lot of the YoYo Ma stuff that I've listened to. I like that he branches out beyond just the classics. The Silk Road stuff that I've heard is really good.

Reactions: LesClaypool
I forgot about this Puddles Pity Party cover of the Pixies Where is My Mind. Add it to Disturbed’s cover of Sound of Silence as one of my “most surprising performance”.

Reactions: SoddyNole
On a semi-related note as it’s not new music just “new to me”, I really took a liking to Blues Saraceno’s post 2012 stuff. I was never a fan of Poison and I don’t listen to Modern Country which is probably the only place to hear it on SiriusXM or terrestrial radio, but his newer stuff is a nice country/blues/hard rock blend that perfectly suited my most recent drive around Arizona. Here’s a couple of examples I like:

I forgot about this Puddles Pity Party cover of the Pixies Where is My Mind. Add it to Disturbed’s cover of Sound of Silence as one of my “most surprising performance”.

Not so sure about this being comparable to the Pixies but most definitely agree with Disturbed’s cover of The Sound of Silence.

I don't usually pay a lot of attention to lyrics, but this one hit me for some reason. He definitely has a way with words.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT