ADVERTISEMENT

Presidents Cup

Today's pairings. Have the All Noles team going off at 1:41.

United States Team

International Team
Thursday Foursome

C. Schwartzel/
H. Matsuyama
1:05 PM EDT
J. Thomas/
R. Fowler

J. Vegas/
A. Scott
1:17 PM EDT
M. Kuchar/
D. Johnson

E. Grillo/
S. Kim
1:29 PM EDT
P. Reed/
J. Spieth

B. Grace/
L. Oosthuizen
1:41 PM EDT
D. Berger/
B. Koepka

M. Leishman/
J. Day
1:53 PM EDT
P. Mickelson/
K. Kisner

America.... yeah!

*Liz. You know better

Last edited by a moderator:
The evening replay is about to come on. I heard a little of it in the car today. I'm anxious to see it. I heard some matches were blowouts.

In ten matches, the Internationals have just one win and two halves. Only bad thing is that one win came against the all Nole team.
Kinda par for the course (pun intended) the way things have been going for our Noles. Why doesn't the U.S. play this well in Ryder Cups??

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Really. You would think this would be the stronger field given the pool from which to choose players is much larger.

I think it has to do with the team atmosphere. During our Ryder Cup wins over last 20 years it felt like the players came together as a group versus being the better indicidual player. Our recent team captains plus the closeness of our young core is making the players feel more like a team, like the Euro Ryder Cup Teams every year.

In contrast, The World President Cup teams always seems like individuals and the best players have won out, which usually led to an American victory as we had better individual players

The US team could win the cup by the time the afternoon matches are done. Need 4 pts with 4 pts on the line this afternoon. I don't think they will, but it is possible.

We should send this team over to NK and get it over with!

Berger and Koepka both playing this afternoon, but not together.
If Mickelson only played in the President's Cup in his career, he might have gone down as the greatest golfer ever.

Highly unlikely we lose all 12 matches tomorrow. That would be the biggest comeback in any sport ever. It's in the bag (pun intended) for the US.

always time for a good Phil story

loved this part of the article..
The first time Mickelson represented the United States in a team competition, he was 24 years old. He used a persimmon driver that week, teaming with Tom Lehman. Three of his current teammates were still in diapers.

http://www.espn.com/golf/prescup17/...owing-presidents-cup-mickelson-soaking-all-in

side note
I still carry a ping persimmon 5 wood, best club in the bag ( not that any are very good)

I was a bit distracted yesterday with another game but I did see where Daniel Berger played well on the back carrying his team. I was afraid early that he would get his second loss.

I was a bit distracted yesterday with another game but I did see where Daniel Berger played well on the back carrying his team. I was afraid early that he would get his second loss.

Did you see his pitch in for birdie?

Glad Phil got that point, he was really enjoying himself this week

ADVERTISEMENT