ADVERTISEMENT

Question About Executive Action for Women Sports

Jimbo11

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Apr 4, 2002
Please don’t turn this into a political discussion or it will get locked. I have permission to ask this as long as it doesn’t become political.
I‘m hoping some attorneys can give their opinion on the Executive Action President Biden took as it relates to males being able to play in
female sports. I’m not clear if this means a man must go through transgender surgery or if he only has to identify as a female.
In other words, what if any physical transformations must a male receive to compete as a female?
The reason I ask is I’d like to know how the Executive Order might impact our softball team.
Actually, the same question could be asked about the WNBA.
Thanks and NO political comments or mods will lock.

With the latest presidential executive orders, how long will it be before a budget savvy university (and or State university system) says "Going forward we no longer recognize men's and women's sports teams. There are only sports teams and student athletics" ? IMO old Title IX limitations are open to how a university chooses to self-identify.

With the latest presidential executive orders, how long will it be before a budget savvy university (and or State university system) says "Going forward we no longer recognize men's and women's sports teams. There are only sports teams and student athletics" ? IMO old Title IX limitations are open to how a university chooses to self-identify.
Absolute nonsense ... lawsuits are coming

More like self destruct

Keeping an eye on this so OP can discuss this topic. NO POLITICS or we have to nuke the thread.

And then the rest of the universities would say we aren't going to play those kind of university sports programs.
The law of unintended consequences may rear it's ugly head with this.

I started this thread because it is a legitimate statagy for a university athletic program who is in the red to seek and plan ways to trim the budget, and move forward with less non-revenue producing sports. I'm not expressing a positive or negative opinion on the executive order but when the rules change you have to evaluate what now can happen. Also, I would not want to be the first school that goes this route but I think there will be one that tries it soon.

Can't see how this would be good for track & field competition specifically.

Over 200 high school boys ran faster 400m times last year than the lifetime best of Allyson Felix, Olympic gold medalist and world record holder.

Can't see how this would be good for track & field competition specifically.

Over 200 high school boys ran faster 400m times last year than the lifetime best of Allyson Felix, Olympic gold medalist and world record holder.
Wouldn't or couldn't it impact most Olympic-sport sports and programs? Not just T&F, but Swimming, Golf, Tennis, those sports where revenue is much less than, say, FB & BB? Or am I mis-reading it? Sounds like an opportunity for some College and Universities to, say, prevent this by eliminating those programs...?

**NOT asking to cause any politicizing on it. Just have gotten fonder of these other sports as I have gotten older...

Interesting article to put things into perspective:

Transgender woman CeCe Telfer, who was born and raised as Craig Telfer and competed on the Franklin Pierce University men’s track and field team during her first three years of college, won the women’s 400-meter hurdles national title at the 2019 NCAA Division II Outdoor Track & Field Championships. Telfer dominated the competition, winning in 57.53 as second place was way back in 59.21.

Prior to joining the women’s team this season, Telfer was a mediocre DII athlete who never came close to making it to nationals in the men’s category. In 2016 and 2017, Telfer ranked 200th and 390th, respectively, among DII men in the 400 hurdles (Telfer didn’t run outdoor track in 2018 as either a man or woman). Now she’s the national champion in the event simply because she switched her gender (Telfer’s coach told us that even though she competed on the men’s team her first three years, her gender fluidity was present from her freshman year).

The fact that Telfer can change her gender and immediately become a national champion is proof positive as to why women’s sports needs protection. Telfer ran slightly faster in the 400 hurdles competing as a man (57.34) than as a woman (57.53), even though the men’s hurdles are six inches taller than the women’s hurdles. Yet when Telfer ran 57.34 as a man, she didn’t even score at her conference meet — she was just 10th at the Northeast-10 Outdoor Track and Field Championships in 2016. Now she’s the national champion.

An Athlete Who Ran NCAA Track As A Man For 3 Years Just Won An NCAA Women’s Title

Don't college coaches still decide who they pick to put on a team? Are college coaches forced to recruit trans athletes? Are they recruiting trans athletes because they are greedy and want to win badly or do they actually believe trans athletes on a women's team is fair? I haven't seen much written about this topic from the coaches point of view.

Actually, NCAA passed rules about trans women competing on women's teams in 2011. Would think that over that many years, the colleges would have had some real experience in dealing with the matter.

Actually, NCAA passed rules about trans women competing on women's teams in 2011. Would think that over that many years, the colleges would have had some real experience in dealing with the matter.
Well, it would seem so. Ten years is a long time in sports - nothing of note on it? I follow sports but not TG issues, but it would seem that some College or University somewhere would, at the very least, describe any experience(s), good, bad and/or not-so-pretty on this.

**Outside of Scalphunter's referenced article above, not seem anything else. NO, I am not out hunting for it...just seems that there'd be more examples out there being shared IF this is a hot button topic. I will stop before being seen as politicizing this. Sorry if it appeared that way...

Considering the source I would say it is more along the lines of identification. I'm not sure one can request surgical documentation in this regard.

Now if you excuse me I shall bury my head back in the sand.

Transgender woman CeCe Telfer, who was born and raised as Craig Telfer and competed on the Franklin Pierce University men’s track and field team during her first three years of college, won the women’s 400-meter hurdles national title at the 2019 NCAA Division II Outdoor Track & Field Championships. Telfer dominated the competition, winning in 57.53 as second place was way back in 59.21.

Prior to joining the women’s team this season, Telfer was a mediocre DII athlete who never came close to making it to nationals in the men’s category. In 2016 and 2017, Telfer ranked 200th and 390th, respectively, among DII men in the 400 hurdles (Telfer didn’t run outdoor track in 2018 as either a man or woman). Now she’s the national champion in the event simply because she switched her gender (Telfer’s coach told us that even though she competed on the men’s team her first three years, her gender fluidity was present from her freshman year).

The fact that Telfer can change her gender and immediately become a national champion is proof positive as to why women’s sports needs protection. Telfer ran slightly faster in the 400 hurdles competing as a man (57.34) than as a woman (57.53), even though the men’s hurdles are six inches taller than the women’s hurdles. Yet when Telfer ran 57.34 as a man, she didn’t even score at her conference meet — she was just 10th at the Northeast-10 Outdoor Track and Field Championships in 2016. Now she’s the national champion.

An Athlete Who Ran NCAA Track As A Man For 3 Years Just Won An NCAA Women’s Title

If the NCAA promotes/permits "this" on any widespread basis, I'll be out/gone. I guess "they" can cram agendas down my throat, but they can't make me buy tickets, make donations, etc. Go do your extreme thing without me.

Telfer ran slightly faster in the 400 hurdles competing as a man (57.34) than as a woman (57.53), even though the men’s hurdles are six inches taller than the women’s hurdles.
this is the most important statistic. there is less than 0.35% difference between the comparable times set by the same athlete despite, as i understand it, TG athletes must undergo testosterone therapy to significantly reduce their testosterone levels. if this event has been conducted inline with IAAF standards it really draws to question the validity of those standards considering the event was still won by a nearly 3% margin, which is an eternity.

I already have one foot out the door and about to step on through with the other foot. This past year has shown me sports are not nearly as important as I had made them. With all the agenda driven commentary and disrespect shown by many of todays athletes both college and pro I am almost totally gone. Let FSU baseball, FB and basketball go any further off track and I will be completely gone. I have enjoyed golf this year and that is about it.

"It is also important to know that any strength and endurance advantages a transgender woman arguably may have as a result of her prior testosterone levels dissipate after about one year of estrogen or testosterone-suppression therapy. According to medical experts on this issue, the assumption that a transgender woman competing on a women’s team would have a competitive advantage outside the range of performance and competitive advantage or disadvantage that already exists among female athletes is not supported by evidence."

Read the link if you want to know what the NCAA thinks. And this is the earlier referenced 2011 handbook.

And no, I'm not on board with this.

NCAA Inclusion of Transgender Student-Athletes

Interesting.........

Well, it would seem so. Ten years is a long time in sports - nothing of note on it? I follow sports but not TG issues, but it would seem that some College or University somewhere would, at the very least, describe any experience(s), good, bad and/or not-so-pretty on this.

**Outside of Scalphunter's referenced article above, not seem anything else. NO, I am not out hunting for it...just seems that there'd be more examples out there being shared IF this is a hot button topic. I will stop before being seen as politicizing this. Sorry if it appeared that way...
So far it seems to be a rare occurrence. I saw 1 elite track and field athlete that went from male to female. I think this is more about HS teams and lower level college teams than Div. 1 teams. And there was some research, as pointed out, that found any advantage goes away within 1 year of getting on medication.

So far it seems to be a rare occurrence. I saw 1 elite track and field athlete that went from male to female. I think this is more about HS teams and lower level college teams than Div. 1 teams. And there was some research, as pointed out, that found any advantage goes away within 1 year of getting on medication.
There are some "notable" names listed here as well as how things are internationally.

Reactions: fsufool
Going to sit back and watch...until it affects my daughter.

Woman's sports should be played by biological woman. The EO is surely going to attract a few lawsuits.
There is a lawsuit in Connecticut where some girls were completely outclassed by a transgender competitor. The last administration joined their lawsuit for fairness to women but the current administration has removed the Federal gov't from supporting them.

The girl that sued actually beat the other runner today in the 55M sprint.

• Angry
Reactions: nynole1
There is a lawsuit in Connecticut where some girls were completely outclassed by a transgender competitor. The last administration joined their lawsuit for fairness to women but the current administration has removed the Federal gov't from supporting them.

Tells you all you need to know.

Reactions: GbrNole
ADVERTISEMENT