ADVERTISEMENT

Raptors title with an asterisk???

YondaimeDevilDog939913

Star Player
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
I'm going to remember this title like I remember Houston's titles (forgot they won two for sec)... Yeah, they won but Houston didn't the Bulls and the Warriors were super depleted against the Raptors.

Thoughts?

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
No asterisk.
Certainly not going to be mentioned among all time great NBA teams, but you
can only play who is in front of you.

If the Warriors had won the Championship, it would be remembered as one of the best wins
ever considering the injuries, but the winners will just have to be happy being Champs.

All the Raptors could do was win against the opponent. They did!

No asterisk.
Certainly not going to be mentioned among all time great NBA teams, but you
can only play who is in front of you.

If the Warriors had won the Championship, it would be remembered as one of the best wins
ever considering the injuries, but the winners will just have to be happy being Champs.

All the Raptors could do was win against the opponent. They did!

Good points.

What is the reason for your asterisk by Houston's titles?

What would be the reason for having one with Toronto - the injuries? Do you have one on Golden State's 2016 championship? How about the Lakers 1987 title, when they beat a banged up Celtics team (McHale was hobbling around on a broken foot, Parrish had a bum ankle, Bird a bad back. Or maybe you asterisk all of the championships from 87 through 95, because things would've been different if Len Bias hadn't coked himself to death?

Nah, the Raptors won the championship. Nothing more, nothing less.

No asterisk. Heck, the Raptors beat the Warriors in both regular season games this year as well. Yes the Warriors were banged up, but Toronto proved through the year they were deserving to be champs...6-2 record against the Warriors.

What is the reason for your asterisk by Houston's titles?

What would be the reason for having one with Toronto - the injuries? Do you have one on Golden State's 2016 championship? How about the Lakers 1987 title, when they beat a banged up Celtics team (McHale was hobbling around on a broken foot, Parrish had a bum ankle, Bird a bad back. Or maybe you asterisk all of the championships from 87 through 95, because things would've been different if Len Bias hadn't coked himself to death?

Nah, the Raptors won the championship. Nothing more, nothing less.

Uhhh, MJ going to play baseball for those 2 years is kind of a big deal.

No asterisk. Heck, the Raptors beat the Warriors in both regular season games this year as well. Yes the Warriors were banged up, but Toronto proved through the year they were deserving to be champs...6-2 record against the Warriors.

I'm pretty sure the Raptors never beat a full strength Dubs team. It's like when the Pats lost the Super Bowl that year they had Randy Moss. Brady had a bum ankle and couldn't throw the deep ball and Randy was burning the defense the whole game.

All in all, it's just something to talk about guys I'm not out here trying to storm NBA headquarters or something.

Uhhh, MJ going to play baseball for those 2 years is kind of a big deal.

I'm pretty sure the Raptors never beat a full strength Dubs team. It's like when the Pats lost the Super Bowl that year they had Randy Moss. Brady had a bum ankle and couldn't throw the deep ball and Randy was burning the defense the whole game.

All in all, it's just something to talk about guys I'm not out here trying to storm NBA headquarters or something.

Not a huge basketball fan here, and actually I don't follow the NBA much at all. I just saw a topic I have an opinion on and decided to post.

By the way, Kawhi Leonard didn't play in the game earlier in the year when the Raptors went to Golden State and they beat the Warriors by 20.

Not a huge basketball fan here, and actually I don't follow the NBA much at all. I just saw a topic I have an opinion on and decided to post.

By the way, Kawhi Leonard didn't play in the game earlier in the year when the Raptors went to Golden State and they beat the Warriors by 20.

Pretty sure in that same game neither Boogie nor KD played either. So the Raptors never beat a full strength Dubs team. Hey, a title is a title. I'm sure the Raps don't care about these details at all. I have funny views on some sports topics like how I don't consider golf a sport, a game sure, but not a sport.

No asterisk but we and they know what it is.

Their fans made it clear when they spontaneously erupted when KD went down in game 5. That was their subconscious admission that without KD, they can win. They were celebrating a championship in that moment moreso than KD being hurt badly, else they likely wouldn't have been so jubilant about an all time great suffering a terrible injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT