ADVERTISEMENT

Red Dirt Country, Americana, Alt Country fans (Mile 0 Festival in Key West)

Nole Daddy

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
If you like this type of music, then Key West will be the place to be in February. The Turnpike Troubadours are the lead act, but there are many many great bands. This will be a great festival, that we have never seen the likes of in Florida. Anyone interested?

Great lineup for sure.

Just saw that Turnpike Troubadors and Old 97’s are playing Red Rocks this summer. You oughta plan that trip.
Always wanted to go to Red Rocks and that would be a great show. I have not seen the Old 97’s so I am pumped about that. I saw Turnpike last year in Steamboat which was great.

Red Rocks is worth the trip. Spent a summer in Denver almost 30 years ago. And you have to go see the U.S. Air Force Academy, Pikes Peak and the Broadmoor Hotel. If you time it right the cadets (3rd year I seem to recall) will be out flying gliders (sailplanes).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nole Daddy
Red Rocks is worth the trip. Spent a summer in Denver almost 30 years ago. And you have to go see the U.S. Air Force Academy, Pikes Peek and the Broadmoor Hotel. If you time it right the cadets (3rd year I seem to recall) will be out flying gliders (sailplanes).

Agree that Red Rocks is worth the trip. Outside of The Broadmoor Colorado Springs is a shithole.

Agree that Red Rocks is worth the trip. Outside of The Broadmoor Colorado Springs is a shithole.

Haven't been back there in 30 years, but it was not exactly a garden spot back then. I do seem to recall that Colorado Springs is the hail capital of the US due to it's high elevation and proximity to the Rockies.

That's a heck of a lineup. Thanks for the info.
It’s really cool to see a lineup like this in the state of Florida. When I first heard about this festival I was hoping they would get a couple of pretty big names and fill it out with up an comers. They basically have blown my expectations away with who they have assembled. February can’t get here soon enough.

Shooter Jennings is coming to Gruene Hall in March-followed by Roger Creager. Houston Livestock and Rodeo fires up at the end of February. Ok lineup this year, going to see Garth Brooks open and close.

Shooter Jennings is coming to Gruene Hall in March-followed by Roger Creager. Houston Livestock and Rodeo fires up at the end of February. Ok lineup this year, going to see Garth Brooks open and close.
I don’t know a lot of Shooter’s stuff but some of it. I will see him play down there on the 10th.

By the way, I love Gruene Hall.

Great lineup for sure.

Just saw that Turnpike Troubadors and Old 97’s are playing Red Rocks this summer. You oughta plan that trip.
That is a great lineup. Where are they playing the shows down there? What is the venue?

Last edited:
Key West just opened new Amphitheatre on water that was really nice and sound was much better than i thought. then they also had shows at Irish Kevins, Durty Harry’s, Smoking Tuna and Southern Most. Really great festivals especially for year1.

So here is my review of Mile 0 Fest. I heard about this festival on a shuttle heading to Music Fest in Steamboat over a year ago. I did some research and could not find out any details, but then some things came out that it was happening. The info was scarce, so many of my friends felt like this thing was a scam and would never happen. Either way it did and it was so worth it.

First of all, you have to like this type of music. If you do and like Key West then you will have an amazing time. The team that put this together exceeded all expectations. The line up was beyond great, and I never thought a 1 st year festival could get who they got. All the acts were amazing and you could tell they genuinely liked being on a mini vacation in the Keys. Very different from where they normally play and much warmer( the weather was awesome).

The main stage was a really cool brand new amphitheater with really good sound. Like really good. So every act would play there at some time and every show was very good. Before and after the main shows were at bars like Durrty Harry’s( Rick’s), Irish Kevin’s, and the Smokin Tuna would have acts playing. Earlier in the day it was them by themselves, and later at night it was a bunch of song swaps and amazing music.

There were too many shows to mention that were great but if I had to pick one I would say that my favorite was a VIP show of Evan Felker ( Turnpike Troubadors) and Rhett Miller( Old 97’s) doing a show together singing the 2 band’s songs in a tiny theater.

The only thing that could use improvement is that the main stage and the bars is about a mile away and they did not have shuttles. Next year they are already going to remedy that situation. Either way, what a great time and if you are into this music scene then highly recommend going in 19.

ADVERTISEMENT