ADVERTISEMENT

Remind me about Dalvin..........

Ummmmm you know he was never convicted and the charges were dropped and they found out the girl lied about it being Dalvin right?.....

Yeah, but the NFL didn't care and it caused his drop.

He had to fight hard for every yard. Watch the line.. N.O. just pushed at will and penetrated almost every play. They might consider a full back.

Dalvin is going to be one of the NFL's top RB very soon if not the best. Now Minnesota and their management need to do their jobs and build a better offense line for him. When you have a great back you've got to make him the focal point of your offense and get some big guys in front of him that can open holes. Dalvin had to fight for those yards. One thing I don't want to see is him getting injured or beat up because that line isn't good.

Once that line gels he will put up some 200 yard games .

Last edited:
Reactions: benyamin_williams
Ummmmm you know he was never convicted and the charges were dropped and they found out the girl lied about it being Dalvin right?.....
Why do people keep posting this? Everyone on this board knows it. The point is Dalvin hung out with a not very group of people in high school and part of college. He found himself in a number of situations that are potentially concerning. That is why he dropped. The ultimate result of charges is not relevant. The fact that other players drafted higher may have had more concerning issues in the past is not relevant.

He fell because of the reasons listed whether he should have or not.

Reactions: jay_nole

And why didn't the NFL care about someone falsely accusing him of something he didn't do? Why did they look at that falsely accused situation like it was true when it wasn't true?

Why do people keep posting this? Everyone on this board knows it. The point is Dalvin hung out with a not very group of people in high school and part of college. He found himself in a number of situations that are potentially concerning. That is why he dropped. The ultimate result of charges is not relevant. The fact that other players drafted higher may have had more concerning issues in the past is not relevant.

He fell because of the reasons listed whether he should have or not.

A "number of situations".......hmmmmm...thats interesting......see when a person hears "Number of situations" that lead them to believe Dalvin is a HUGE trouble maker......however that is not the case. See we can all paint a certain narrative by the words we say. However the hard facts remain, he was never in any criminal or legal situations that deemed catastrophic, violent or chronic bad behavior, however, by listening to some of the words said on this board you'd think Dalvin "Got what he deserved" by dropping in the draft lol. Hope you have a great day today.

Reactions: tc1nole
Nfl uses the " guilt by association" standard when assessing a prospect's character. They don't attempt to determine the truth, all they care about are the "optics".

Last edited:
Reactions: jay_nole
A "number of situations".......hmmmmm...thats interesting......see when a person hears "Number of situations" that lead them to believe Dalvin is a HUGE trouble maker......however that is not the case. See we can all paint a certain narrative by the words we say. However the hard facts remain, he was never in any criminal or legal situations that deemed catastrophic, violent or chronic bad behavior, however, by listening to some of the words said on this board you'd think Dalvin "Got what he deserved" by dropping in the draft lol. Hope you have a great day today.
What are you talking about? Someone asked why he dropped. The reasons listed were why he dropped.30 something NFL owners weren't comfortable enough with him to draft him in the 1st round. Whether they were right or wrong isn't relevant. It's what happened.

And why didn't the NFL care about someone falsely accusing him of something he didn't do? Why did they look at that falsely accused situation like it was true when it wasn't true?

why are you getting so mad at people on this board? They're literally telling you why he dropped. Not what they believe in. Jesus, lol......

Nfl uses the " guilt by association" standard when assessing prospects character. They don't attempt to determine the truth, all they care about are the "optics".
The reality is that this is not limited to the NFL. I'd venture to say most companies do this when hiring new employees.

I thought I read somewhere that Dalvin was considering legal action against the person(s) that leaked some bogus information just before the draft?

Reactions: jbob

Oh, they cared. Moreover, they understand, and rightfully so, that men with that list are going to have problems in the league much more often than men without that list. It's a multi billion dollar business and they have to both control their risk and have reliable employees.

That said, I'm a fan and I believe Dalvin will be great.

What are you talking about? Someone asked why he dropped. The reasons listed were why he dropped.30 something NFL owners weren't comfortable enough with him to draft him in the 1st round. Whether they were right or wrong isn't relevant. It's what happened.
Yet those same GM's picked Johnny Manziel pretty high in the first round. He hung around a seedy crowd, Had drinking and nightlife issues. Lacked Ideal Height for a QB (which is generally the face of the franchise). Johnny also played in a non-nfl friendly offense. So mistakes are made all the time from these GM's.

Combine # imo. You'd think the tape would be enough evidence of Cooks talent. Also I've seen much worse records then Cooks get drafted higher.

Dalvin is going to be one of the NFL's top RB very soon if not the best. Now Minnesota and their management need to do their jobs and build a better offense line for him. When you have a great back you've got to make him the focal point of your offense and get some big guys in front of him that can open holes. Dalvin had to fight for those yards. One thing I don't want to see is him getting injured or beat up because that line isn't good.

If they had a better line he would have put up 200 yards in his first game instead of fighting for 120.
Agreed.

Yet those same GM's picked Johnny Manziel pretty high in the first round. He hung around a seedy crowd, Had drinking and nightlife issues. Lacked Ideal Height for a QB (which is generally the face of the franchise). Johnny also played in a non-nfl friendly offense. So mistakes are made all the time from these GM's.
I agree the whole NFL made a mistake not drafting him in the 1st. I was just answering why he fell. I'm not arguing the NFL is consistent with why they drop some people and not others.

again another TC negative narrative, remember all those that said the Vikings OL was garbage, there was one after another post...

He will get destroyed there, MN is a horrible place to go...blah blah blah

Right on cue, none of those have surfaced to retract their hastiness

Last edited:
Reactions: Jt1515
Their OL is horrible. Cook manufactured those Yards.

Their OL is horrible. Cook manufactured those Yards.

Thing is that this line is better than the past two seasons for the Vikes. They started a brand new offensive line last night, and the 5 collectively didn't play a single snap during pre-season, which is unprecedented. Speilman is fully aware of what he has in Cook, and has already begun the process of providing a better line.

I can see this line being at minimum good, if not very good, by the middle of the season once they build more chemistry.

If Cook stays healthy, the Vikes have a chance of having a very good season with that defense and Diggs on the outside.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Thing is that this line is better than the past two seasons for the Vikes. They started a brand new offensive line last night, and the 5 collectively didn't play a single snap during pre-season, which is unprecedented. Speilman is fully aware of what he has in Cook, and has already begun the process of providing a better line.

I can see this line being at minimum good, if not very good, by the middle of the season once they build more chemistry.

If Cook stays healthy, the Vikes have a chance of having a very good season with that defense and Diggs on the outside.

Providing a better line? You imply there are GMs in the NFL that do not do this. Hey man, all GMs are trying to provide a better oline, all of them all of the time.

In minnesotas case, they have a RB that scares the defense so they have to play on heels a bit more, make guesses, DC is the difference. AP needed a good line because he was more one dimensional, was not a good blocker, DC is all that and more

Providing a better line? You imply there are GMs in the NFL that do not do this. Hey man, all GMs are trying to provide a better oline, all of them all of the time.

In minnesotas case, they have a RB that scares the defense so they have to play on heels a bit more, make guesses, DC is the difference. AP needed a good line because he was more one dimensional, was not a good blocker, DC is all that and more

Did I indicate that other programs don't try and provide good lines?? I simply stated that Speilman recognized that the lines they have had the past couple seasons has been abysmal, and was willing to completely scrap them all and provide an entirely new offensive line. Cook is an every down back, and showed his ability to even pass protect, so with a few more weeks of this line working together, Cook could see his stats steadily rise or at least stay consistent with last night.

When is the last time an NFL team has started a season with an entirely new offensive line? That is commendable as normally at least one or two of the previous linemen would've been retained, if nothing else for institutional knowledge of the playbook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT