ADVERTISEMENT

Results of first visit to Doak Campbell Stadium

Todd_FSU

Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2013
To say I loved the atmosphere as soon as I got off the school bus would be an understatement. Don't remember the name of the street we walked down to get to the stadium but we walked pasted what seemed like a ton of sorority houses. It was the street that Garnet & Gold store was on. We arrived about 9:30 and went to the baseball complex for a pregame show by the Marching Chiefs. Then it was off to our seats in the stadium. I had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back on my own so that I can visit the campus and the iconic statues around the campus. The only bad experience worth mentioning was the stadium food. My daughter and I got a mushroom, onion, and swiss hamburger from the concessions. The burger was cold with raw onions. I could only stomach two bites. The pretzel was good and thank god I bought one or I would have been starving by the end of the game.

As we were walking back to the bus my daughter tells me that she might as well time me one of my Christmas gifts. She says it will be free and continues to tell me that she plans on using her 2 F-Code days from school to do an official visit to FSU. She is having a hard time trying to decide on becoming a doctor or a veterinarian.

Like I said it was a very enjoyable visit and I can't wait to go back.Go Noles! Fear the Spear!

Glad you all had a great time. But be aware, stadium food purchases should be confined to the staples. Popcorn, peanuts, pretzels, hot dogs, etc. Expecting a quality mushroom, onion and swiss burger isn't wise.
That's like going to a BBQ restaurant and complaining that the spaghetti you ordered wasn't very good.

Glad you all had a great time. But be aware, stadium food purchases should be confined to the staples. Popcorn, peanuts, pretzels, hot dogs, etc. Expecting a quality mushroom, onion and swiss burger isn't wise.
That's like going to a BBQ restaurant and complaining that the spaghetti you ordered wasn't very good.

Unless you’re in Memphis and then that BBQ spaghetti BETTER be good if you pass over Rendezvous ribs to get it. (I’m looking at you Corky’s and your mediocre BBQ spaghetti).

89c757ca3d3ce5ae47261671622511d7--memphis-tennessee-barbecue.jpg

I would have expected the hamburger to at least be warm and edible. But being my first time I didn't know any better but will eat before I go or purchase a ticket for the champions club if possible.

We have discussed the salary of both and you can guess which one pays more. What is crazy is that vet school costs are very similar to medical school costs. We were watching an episode of The Good Doctor (an excellent show by the way) and when it ended she told me that she loves animals and didn't think she could work on them. So I said, so what you are saying is you don't love people and could work on them? We both had a good laugh at that.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
I would have expected the hamburger to at least be warm and edible. But being my first time I didn't know any better but will eat before I go or purchase a ticket for the champions club if possible.

I don't know if you went to the same concession I went to, but the one I went to was the slowest, worst run operation I have ever witnessed. After waiting about 10 minutes, the 3 people in front of me still did not have their food. Two ordered hamburgers and one ordered hotdogs (this was the only hot items they served). Finally, some one came over and said the hotdogs were still cooking and it would still be awhile (and she wasn't very nice about it). There appeared to be only 2 people making hamburgers, with several others standing around and not doing much of anything. The cashier finally asked me what I wanted, and I just got some popcorn (I was planning to get a hamburger, glad I didn't). When I left, the people in front of me were still waiting for their hamburgers.

Reactions: Todd_FSU

Chick-fil-A FTW

Reactions: Todd_FSU
We were watching an episode of The Good Doctor (an excellent show by the way) and when it ended she told me that she loves animals and didn't think she could work on them.
Your daughter may be on to something. I was at Homestead for the NASCAR championship race on Sunday. A man 2 rows behind me had a medical emergency. I immediately jumped up the 2 rows to help. He had no pulse and we started CPR right there on the metal bench. Someone brought an AED and he was shocked on the bench too. Lots of people standing around in disbelief. EMS arrived and continued CPR and transported him to the hospital. I am pretty sure he didn't make it.

When I returned to my seat, the people I was with thought it was pretty amazing that I could just go from spectator to life savor. I didn't think it was a big deal, second nature to me. It was after the strangers around us thanked me and hugged me and high fived me for trying that I realized not everyone can do it.

ADVERTISEMENT