Rough start for our Baseball team

Nolebra Kai

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2008
Mike Bell is now 16-2 to start the last two seasons(4-2 vs FSU).

Meat is 14-9 with a much better roster “allegedly”. Hope the new leadership will get a lot of the old blood out of the AD ranks. We need a fresh start.

FSUdawg

All-American
Mar 29, 2002
Hmmm, a 2-4 start at home against North Florida & Pittsburgh. It might be time for the Athletic Department to start writing the job ad.

I didn't like the hire when it was made, and I am liking it less now. I know it is early in the season, but it is inexcusable IMO to get swept at home by Pitt.

TazluvNoles

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hmmm, a 2-4 start at home against North Florida & Pittsburgh. It might be time for the Athletic Department to start writing the job ad.

I didn't like the hire when it was made, and I am liking it less now. I know it is early in the season, but it is inexcusable IMO to get swept at home by Pitt.
We don’t have a hOme filed advantage with 1/6 of the fans allowed in Howser. The Animals of Section B are at 25%. No good BBQ at the concession stands. The players are very young. We lost several of the freshman that played last season. The young pitchers are just that young with power arm and no control. We lost CJ and Valdez from the pitching core. We need baseball coach and not a walking cliche at can not coach from the gut. Analytics is good for game prepare to decide how to pitch batters and place Defense But when you are using it to decide when to PH for your HR hitter with bases loaded, keep a pitcher in for L/R switch or when to put on squeeze play that very telling on your talents to manage a game.

Reactions: ParooKid

ParooKid

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 11, 2002
I didn't like the hire at the time, and still don't. Not anything against him, but I just don't feel FSU did a diligent search for the best candidate. There are, and were, better coaches available. I see his pops hand in this, bigtime. The old guard still lives in Tally.