Ruthlessly Random and Deliberately Meaningless Thoughts

Bill From Tampa

Veteran Seminole Insider
Apr 1, 2002

1. Let me guess. The first words you uttered were ^&*!!%^*&))))*!!!!*(^&&, That’s the NSFW version. The suitable version translation: DADGUMMIT!!!!!!!

2. Prior to the game, a local pub listed three keys to winning the game. They were: 1-Contain Jacksonville State quarterback Zerrick Cooper; 2-FSU’s offense needs to start better and avoid mistakes on first downs; 3-Build an early lead and let the kids and backups play. At least we were consistent in whiffing on all three. Got to look for those silver linings anywhere you can find them.

3. And speaking of epic fail, whoever weather person said it would be clear skies for the game perhaps should think about another line of work.

4. And again speaking of epic fail, Direct TV’s preview included this. “Sunshine State programs collide when Florida State hosts Jacksonville State.” Now how wrong could they be!!! Since when is Florida State in Alabama?

5. You know, after being 35 seconds from losing to JSU in 2009, last year’s struggle where FSU was down at one point 14-0, and now this loss to the Gamecocks on the game’s final play, perhaps consideration should given to not scheduling that team anymore and put a weaker opponent on the schedule. Say someone like maybe Montana.

6. And speaking of the Gamecocks, from the booth; “First and 10 for the Jacksonville State Monarchs”. Monarchs??? No wonder FSU lost. They were playing two teams out there.

7. We’re well on on way to a perfect season; O (my God please no)-12.

8. From the booth, “Cooper with a cannon of an arm, he threw that pass 70 yards”. Let’s see, he let go of the ball from the JSU 20 and it fell incomplete at the FSU 40, Hmmm. Must be that new math they are teaching these days.

9. The wit and wisdom of Mrs BFT. From the booth, “Milton steps back and fires a dart.” From the aforementioned Mrs, “Isn’t he supposed to be throwing a football?” (Rim shot, insert cymbal crash here.)

10. Think about this. UAB beat JSU 31-0. UGA beat UAB 35-0. Good Lord, how bad would UGA beat FSU,? Somehow I do not think we will find out the answer to that as a meeting in a bowl game seems somewhat unlikely,

Bonus Ruthlessly Random and Deliberately Meaningless Thoughts

11. Harkening back to last week, the Hoosiers FR RB David Holloman enters the field wearing his #33 jersey with the name of his team emblazoned above the number, “Indinia”. Can you say epic fail?

12. In prep for their game with Miss St, NC State coaches used cowbells and other distractions in team meetings to get players focused and prepared for the crowd noise. The Wolfpack looked very focused and prepared in losing to the Bulldogs, 24-10. Can you say …...

13. Kudos to Navy’s long snapper as he snapped a perfect snap of the ball to his punter. That is if his punter had been lined up 40 yards from the LOS. Can you …..

14. Sign seen at ESPN’s Gameday show: List of all time traitors: 1. Benedict Arnold 2. Texas 3. Oklahoma 4. Judas Iscariot. I’m sensing some hostility in that sign. I could be wrong though.

15. You will note there was no mention of Ruth anywhere in the above random thoughts.

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005

1. Let me guess. The first words you uttered were ^&*!!%^*&))))*!!!!*(^&&, That’s the NSFW version. The suitable version translation: DADGUMMIT!!!!!!!

2. Prior to the game, a local pub listed three keys to winning the game. They were: 1-Contain Jacksonville State quarterback Zerrick Cooper; 2-FSU’s offense needs to start better and avoid mistakes on first downs; 3-Build an early lead and let the kids and backups play. At least we were consistent in whiffing on all three. Got to look for those silver linings anywhere you can find them.

3. And speaking of epic fail, whoever weather person said it would be clear skies for the game perhaps should think about another line of work.

4. And again speaking of epic fail, Direct TV’s preview included this. “Sunshine State programs collide when Florida State hosts Jacksonville State.” Now how wrong could they be!!! Since when is Florida State in Alabama?

5. You know, after being 35 seconds from losing to JSU in 2009, last year’s struggle where FSU was down at one point 14-0, and now this loss to the Gamecocks on the game’s final play, perhaps consideration should given to not scheduling that team anymore and put a weaker opponent on the schedule. Say someone like maybe Montana.

6. And speaking of the Gamecocks, from the booth; “First and 10 for the Jacksonville State Monarchs”. Monarchs??? No wonder FSU lost. They were playing two teams out there.

8. From the booth, “Cooper with a cannon of an arm, he threw that pass 70 yards”. Let’s see, he let go of the ball from the JSU 20 and it fell incomplete at the FSU 40, Hmmm. Must be that new math they are teaching these days.

9. The wit and wisdom of Mrs BFT. From the booth, “Milton steps back and fires a dart.” From the aforementioned Mrs, “Isn’t he supposed to be throwing a football?” (Rim shot, insert cymbal crash here.)

10. Think about this. UAB beat JSU 31-0. UGA beat UAB 35-0. Good Lord, how bad would UGA beat FSU,? Somehow I do not think we will find out the answer to that as a meeting in a bowl game seems somewhat unlikely,

11. Harkening back to last week, the Hoosiers FR RB David Holloman enters the field wearing his #33 jersey with the name of his team emblazoned above the number, “Indinia”. Can you say epic fail?

12. In prep for their game with Miss St, NC State coaches used cowbells and other distractions in team meetings to get players focused and prepared for the crowd noise. The Wolfpack looked very focused and prepared in losing to the Bulldogs, 24-10. Can you say …...

13. Kudos to Navy’s long snapper as he snapped a perfect snap of the ball to his punter. That is if his punter had been lined up 40 yards from the LOS. Can you …..

14. Sign seen at ESPN’s Gameday show: List of all time traitors: 1. Benedict Arnold 2. Texas 3. Oklahoma 4. Judas Iscariot. I’m sensing some hostility in that sign. I could be wrong though.

15. You will note there was no mention of Ruth anywhere in the above random thoughts.
You had me at #2. Well done, Mr and Mrs BFT.

noleanimal

Contributor
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2001

#4 got me a little confused. Really, DirectTV?!?!?!?

Latest posts