ADVERTISEMENT

Savannah GA

RONole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Apr 3, 2002
I'll be there with my family next month. Staying 2 nights. Looking at renting a place in historic district. Any recommendations on restaurants, sites, activities, etc...

I'll be there with my family next month. Staying 2 nights. Looking at renting a place in historic district. Any recommendations on restaurants, sites, activities, etc...
The wife booked Azalea inn bed and breakfast for our anniversary last may. We absolutely loved it but no kids type place. They have a chef that cooks breakfast. We will definitely go again. Bistro 54 was a great restaurant . We was only there 2 nights so didn't get to try too much

Reactions: RONole
Was debating going there or Asheville with my wife for a long weekend. Wife is preggers, so not sure how much fun all the breweries would be in Asheville.

I like the Pirate Inn. Its a seafood/steak house I believe. The food is ok, but the history of that place is pretty cool. It's advertised as an old pirate bar. Their are tunnels in the wine cellar that lead to the docks. If a sailor got passed out drunk the pirates would kidnap them through the tunnels and they would wake up on a pirate ship. They do tours, but it's extra. My wife and I just eat the food and always quiz the waiter about the history. It's been at least 10 years since I've been there though, things may have changed a bit.

Reactions: LandsharkNole
Was debating going there or Asheville with my wife for a long weekend. Wife is preggers, so not sure how much fun all the breweries would be in Asheville.

Congratz on the preggers.

That is unless it wasn't you.

There’s several good places to eat on the riverfront. I usually try to hit Vic’s on the River. The Cotton Exchange is pretty good too. There’s another place that the name slips my mind but it’s upstairs over looking the river and has drink specials every time one of the big cargo ships comes by.

Reactions: DroneController
I like the Pirate Inn. Its a seafood/steak house I believe. The food is ok, but the history of that place is pretty cool. It's advertised as an old pirate bar. Their are tunnels in the wine cellar that lead to the docks. If a sailor got passed out drunk the pirates would kidnap them through the tunnels and they would wake up on a pirate ship. They do tours, but it's extra. My wife and I just eat the food and always quiz the waiter about the history. It's been at least 10 years since I've been there though, things may have changed a bit.
It's a little too touristy for me, but their honey fried chicken is awesome.
Look into doing a food tour, you get to see and try several eating establishments.
Definitely have a meal at The Olde Pink House restaurant

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT