ADVERTISEMENT

So in a shocker to no one except the DC fanboys who will love it anyways, Justice League is terrible

FSUTribe76

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2008
http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/15/jus...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

But the more interesting this is that Rotten Tomatoes now officially shows its bias. It refused to show the aggregate score on Justice League before launch day for the simple reason that it’s owned by the same company. They have to trick a bunch of people into seeing it opening day or it will be a miserable failure.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/11...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

So I’m not seeing this dreck until I can see it for free either as the second movie in a drive through or on cable or Netflix. Man of Steel, BvS and Suicide Squad were all terrible and Wonder Woman while decent and about equivalent to a middle of the road Marvel movie like Iron Man 2 was ridiculously overrated because of 1) how terrible the other DCCU movies were and 2) as a counterbacklash to the female ghostbusters backlash.

This whole DC VS Marvel fanboy thing very much reminds me of Apple vs Droid arguments.

Except there is no debate that Droid is better than Apple.

Hah! I had a droid for six months when I “lost” my IPhone 5S while I was waiting for the 7 to come out. I absolutely hated the droid (I don’t remember the model number whatever was equivalent to the 5S) and will stay with iPhone forever now.

Now DC...I still like the animated stuff but with only a handful of exceptions (first two Batman movies and first two Nolan movies, Wonder Woman and first two original Superman movies) the DC movies have been terrible.

The trailers did look bad. I said it before with BvS but they are rushing this. They finally had a hit and good movie with WW. Imagine if aquaman was then next. And a stand alone Batman where we get to see Batman on screen more. And maybe a flash cyborg movie? Use them to build up the coming big threat. Instead we get a heavy movie where we have to introduce Aquaman, flash, cyborg backstory, learn more on Batman, get team together to fight the introduced new huge threat, prolly deal with Superman resurrection .....how could it not be a mess. Way too much to fit in two hours.

We all knew this would be on par with the product that is expected from DC. I also was surprised to hear that the new Thor movie was any good as those trailers sucked.

We all knew this would be on par with the product that is expected from DC. I also was surprised to hear that the new Thor movie was any good as those trailers sucked.

I liked the Thor trailers unlike the Justice League versions, but I LOVED the new Thor movie. It was a better sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy than Volume 2 was. Just “big”, funny and action packed. GOTGV2 was fine, even decent as I would rather watch that again than Wonder Woman, but Thor Ragnorok and the original GOTG were fantastic.

Soooo angry.......

*Please don't post tweets with unacceptable language

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FSUTribe76

On the last one, I don’t know why they feel the need to lie. Wonder Woman is the highest grossing DC movie and female led movie that should be enough. It is NOT the highest grossing superhero origin movie that’s the original Spider Man and that’s without factoring in 15 years of inflation. Plus debatably Spider-Man Homecoming is an origin story of him becoming a true hero and then WW would just be third.

Hah! I had a droid for six months when I “lost” my IPhone 5S while I was waiting for the 7 to come out. I absolutely hated the droid (I don’t remember the model number whatever was equivalent to the 5S) and will stay with iPhone forever now.

Now DC...I still like the animated stuff but with only a handful of exceptions (first two Batman movies and first two Nolan movies, Wonder Woman and first two original Superman movies) the DC movies have been terrible.
Weird. Marvel has a bunch of crappy movies as well. Ironman 2 & 3. Thor 1 & 2. Avengers 2. All the Hulk movies. Almost all the Spiderman movies. Not so fantastic 4. And yes, I know that the last two were from another studio(but still Marvel products)

Most of the reviews I've read so far have said that it's not perfect but it's pretty good. Much better than BvS and Suicide Squad.

It's funny to me that people can take something as subjective as whether or not they liked a movie, and turn it into an absolute - that anyone that disagrees with them is clearly not qualified to opine on movies.

Reactions: seminole97
Nah, but still funny.

I liked Suicide Squad just fine. Then again, I'm okay with movies that prioritize style over substance...

Style over substance and/or slapstick comedy is fine with me.

waca0T.jpg

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I'm going to wait to hear more average people reviews as the critics are often harsh on these types of movies (Although they're softening). But no, I don't expect too much from this which is a shame, because the Justice League should be a fun movie. The faster DC rids itself of Zack Snyder and realizes that outside of the world of Gotham, people want campy, fun, colorful superhero movies the better. Maybe they'll learn a bit from Thor. That's how you do a superhero movie.

I liked the Thor trailers unlike the Justice League versions, but I LOVED the new Thor movie. It was a better sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy than Volume 2 was. Just “big”, funny and action packed. GOTGV2 was fine, even decent as I would rather watch that again than Wonder Woman, but Thor Ragnorok and the original GOTG were fantastic.
I liked ragnorok, but I also thought it had some flaws. I'm on my phone at work in between meetings so I can't really elaborate. Just felt like a filler movie with inconsistency from the other marvel movies and unfortunate dialog.

Am I the only who couldn't tell (and doesn't care that he can't tell) one comic book company from another? It's never dawned on me that there's any difference.

The general rule is that DC is more kiddie/simplistic, black and white archetypes of supervillains and superheroes while Marvel has more realistic (for a comic book setting) characters where they may not be plausible characters (Nordic god, boy bit by a radioactive spider, etc) but their “problems” and character flaws are more grounded in reality. Then the various other comic companies like Darkhorse usually go for more “extreme” characters. And of course this isn’t 100% true across the board as DC has its “extreme” characters like Lobo and the post-1980 Batman would probably fit better in the Marvel universe than the DC version.

But if my description sounds the opposite of the MCU and DCCU, you’re right. The MCU is a pretty accurate representation of what Marvel comics are like for the most part and that’s why as a rule they are good. The DCCU live action movies with their dark, dreary “adult” and “grounded” look and characterisation does not even remotely fit what the DC comics do...which is why as a rule they are awful. The animated movies and tv series by DC on the other hand tend to mirror their DC comic counterparts almost exactly and that’s why they are simplistic and childlish...but good!

The general rule is that DC is more kiddie/simplistic, black and white archetypes of supervillains and superheroes while Marvel has more realistic (for a comic book setting) characters where they may not be plausible characters (Nordic god, boy bit by a radioactive spider, etc) but their “problems” and character flaws are more grounded in reality. Then the various other comic companies like Darkhorse usually go for more “extreme” characters. And of course this isn’t 100% true across the board as DC has its “extreme” characters like Lobo and the post-1980 Batman would probably fit better in the Marvel universe than the DC version.

But if my description sounds the opposite of the MCU and DCCU, you’re right. The MCU is a pretty accurate representation of what Marvel comics are like for the most part and that’s why as a rule they are good. The DCCU live action movies with their dark, dreary “adult” and “grounded” look and characterisation does not even remotely fit what the DC comics do...which is why as a rule they are awful. The animated movies and tv series by DC on the other hand tend to mirror their DC comic counterparts almost exactly and that’s why they are simplistic and childlish...but good!
Agreed. Batman inside Gotham is the only place that the dirty, gritty feel works in the DC Universe. Everywhere else needs the more fantasy superhero setting with colorful, funny, more direct action. I still can't believe how poorly they interpreted superman. To turn Superman into a dirty, dark, gritty character just destroys who he's always been. Even when DC flipped him in a what-if comic and had him land in the USSR, he was still colorful, patriotic, and good.

Weird. Marvel has a bunch of crappy movies as well. Ironman 2 & 3. Thor 1 & 2. Avengers 2. All the Hulk movies. Almost all the Spiderman movies. Not so fantastic 4. And yes, I know that the last two were from another studio(but still Marvel products)

Rotten Tomatoes finally released its score on Justice League which sits at 40% favourable. And having read some of what they deem “favourable”, a nonbiased source would probably have it closer to 20%.

In comparison to the Justice League hyperinflated 40%, Iron Man 2 is at 73%, Iron Man 3 is at 79%,
Thor 1 is at 77%, Thor 2 is 66%, Avengers 2 is 75%, the two Hulk movies are at 61% and 68%, the original Spider-Man trilogy are at 89%, 94% and 63% and the followup duology are at 73% and 52% while the most recent one is at 92%. Meaning the majority of critics liked all of the Marvel movies you mentioned even the second Garfield Spider-Man movie, while that is not true of the DCCU movies with BVS at 27%, Suicide Squad at 26% and Justice League at 40% (Man of Steel is at 55% which I consider surprising although I admit I like it better than the other DCCU movies excluding the actually decent WW)

But the WORST rated MCU movie is the second Thor (as the First Hulk wasn’t in MCU) is rated at 66%. Which is not surprising, I liked Thor 2 but there are enough bad moments (basically everything with the now dropped Natalie Portman) I could see where every third person might find the bad parts overriding the good parts. Conversely, I can’t believe a fourth of critics could even tolerate Suicide Squad and BVS, those were complete garbage almost to the point they are such garbage it becomes enjoyable to make fun of it (I will admit, while BVS is terrible, the dubbed TLDR version by HISHE was hilarious so I’ll post it below).

PS If you want to really bag on Marvel (although not the MCU) you should mention GhostRider. Those are truly DCCU terrible and their RTS scores reflect it.

Some interesting Justice League quotes.

*This must go down as the single stupidest, big-budget superhero motion picture ever unleashed upon an unsuspecting public by a major Hollywood studio.

* Years from now - or maybe even as you read this - filmmakers are going to use the DC Comics Extended Universe as a prime example of how not to build a movie franchise.

* Now it's time for another dour Zack Snyder DC Universe movie, so bring your long face.

* Although marginally better than Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad, director Zack Snyder's latest is still a profound mess of maudlin muscles, incoherent action and jaw-droppingly awful CGI. It is big, loud, awful to look at and oh-so-dumb.

* The film is, plainly stated, terrible, and I'm sorry that everyone wasted their time and money making it-and that people are being asked to waste their time and money seeing it.

* It's consistently embarrassing to watch, and features plot holes so yawningly vast they have a kind of Grand Canyon-like splendour: part of you wants to hang around to see what they look like at sunset.

I can't help but think that the entire problem with the DC Universe has been Zack Snyder. The characters are good if you can just get him away from it. He has as much value as a filmmaker to me now as Michael Bay.

I can't help but think that the entire problem with the DC Universe has been Zack Snyder. The characters are good if you can just get him away from it. He has as much value as a filmmaker to me now as Michael Bay.

There’s no doubt he and his “vision” are a big problem with the DCU. The DCU SHOULD be “big”, bright and colourful like Thor Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy except maybe kicked up a notch. The problem is they “tried” it with the terrible Green Lantern movie and when it failed they never went back to it. But Superman (and the majority of the Justice League members) is an “absurd” character who should be done “Big” like Thor. Honestly, even with its minuscule CW budget, the live action Flash should be the template for the DCU moving forward just with bigger stars and better FX. The Flash tv show works despite its budget precisely because it gets the tone and absurdity of DC Comics pretty much 100% correct.

ADVERTISEMENT