ADVERTISEMENT

Some Observations from yesterday...

goldmom

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Jacksonville
Went back and forth to Tally yesterday and despite our humbling loss I had a great time.
Anyone else make the trip on I-10 and notice the huge number of giant trees down from the hurricane? Not weak saplings but absolutely huge pines and oaks? Amazing.

And the caravans of utility trucks heading for home. Good job guys and thanks for coming - we are grateful!

Tally coeds: girls, the current "look" that y'all are sportin' means those ripped off jean shorts are not attractive when you're 40 pounds overweight. Does your Mother know you leave your room with your butt cheeks showing ?? When in the holy heck did college kids get so fat? Does Krispy Kreme deliver 24/7?

We're supposed to be where the beautiful girls all go to school but the best looking females I saw yesterday were older women who were truly the hotties.

Oh, and if that hot guy who was seriously hitting on me is on this board by some chance, I WOULD hit it. Just sayin...

c3ff124d177089cc18b0e976f68e2879aee1870b86583cf8c60eb4ce240cd6cc.jpg

Went back and forth to Tally yesterday and despite our humbling loss I had a great time.
Anyone else make the trip on I-10 and notice the huge number of giant trees down from the hurricane? Not weak saplings but absolutely huge pines and oaks? Amazing.

And the caravans of utility trucks heading for home. Good job guys and thanks for coming - we are grateful!

Tally coeds: girls, the current "look" that y'all are sportin' means those ripped off jean shorts are not attractive when you're 40 pounds overweight. Does your Mother know you leave your room with your butt cheeks showing ?? When in the holy heck did college kids get so fat? Does Krispy Kreme deliver 24/7?

We're supposed to be where the beautiful girls all go to school but the best looking females I saw yesterday were older women who were truly the hotties.

Oh, and if that hot guy who was seriously hitting on me is on this board by some chance, I WOULD hit it. Just sayin...

Painting with broad brushes, but I too agree with the assessment on a lot of the college age girls compared to when I was in college early 90's. They have progressed from being thinner to being more thick with muscle in a good way say early to late 2000's to now just plump and not in shape at all. Which is fine I suppose, except they try to still dress to show off their bodies...

I need to get in shape and drop some pounds now at 45, but I can't imagine how heavy I would, if I had not at least been in good shape ages 16-30!

As FSU's academic standards have improved, the number of smoking hot women on campus has gone down. Way down. Still a lot there, of course, but not in the obscene excesses of yesteryear. Same at UGa. and uf. In terms of chunkiness, I blame the 24-hour availability of fast food.

i knew I'd get you to post your pic eventually. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 62Nole
I really don’t care if you’re carrying a few extra pounds. However , some of those girls in shorts yesterday had no business wearing what they had on.

Reactions: jim65 and goldmom
As FSU's academic standards have improved, the number of smoking hot women on campus has gone down. Way down. Still a lot there, of course, but not in the obscene excesses of yesteryear. Same at UGa. and uf. In terms of chunkiness, I blame the 24-hour availability of fast food.

Okay you just sort of stepped in it. You're implying that a female can be smart or hot - but not both.
Tread lightly, sweet cheeks. :eek:

Haha...guess you met 229 in lot 22

While at the Bama game I saw a girl with a pair of jeans on, except she had the thighs and down to the shins cut out. The ankles and the waist and butt part were all in tact.

It was the dumbest looking thing I've ever seen anyone wearing.

Still some smart girls and worthwhile parenting going on in Tallahassee, so I'd say we're doing better than average. Hate the fashion, not the girl ;-)

21980340_208149563057389_5848240474841677824_n.jpg
21108059_117695648957309_3211652784466165760_n.jpg
21911401_130683447576849_1013398147671523328_n.jpg
21149627_115807665750346_6676489712028352512_n.jpg
21909598_1436183319810923_7236394958838562816_n.jpg
21911224_117424495606038_5577075970851995648_n.jpg
21909623_130222877709006_4905669868344311808_n.jpg
21911167_1777138549249855_2448655765636907008_n.jpg

Okay you just sort of stepped in it. You're implying that a female can be smart or hot - but not both.
Tread lightly, sweet cheeks. :eek:

There are lots of women who are smart and hot. But the number falling within that specific Venn Diagram is much smaller than the number in the stand-alone "smart" and "hot" circles, respectively. FSU only has room for __ female students. As FSU has recently expanded the size of its "smart" circle -- i.e., high academic achievers -- it has left less room for the distinct "hot" circle. As such, the area of hot/smart intersection is now much lower than it used to be back in your day. Today there is more smart, and less hot.

Basically, I am saying the same thing you were above. What other explanation would you offer for all of the pedestrian-looking chicks you commented on?

Still some smart girls and worthwhile parenting going on in Tallahassee, so I'd say we're doing better than average. Hate the fashion, not the girl ;-)

21980340_208149563057389_5848240474841677824_n.jpg
21108059_117695648957309_3211652784466165760_n.jpg
21911401_130683447576849_1013398147671523328_n.jpg
21149627_115807665750346_6676489712028352512_n.jpg
21909598_1436183319810923_7236394958838562816_n.jpg
21911224_117424495606038_5577075970851995648_n.jpg
21909623_130222877709006_4905669868344311808_n.jpg
21911167_1777138549249855_2448655765636907008_n.jpg

I see very few things wrong with this sampling. The brunette squarely in the middle would make a fine ex-wife in particular.

Reactions: RTM58
I agree that the talent at FSU has gone down. Probably has to do with it’s harder to get into FSU than it was when I was in school in the 90’s. I also agree the hottest ladies are usually the alums running around, especially when they are drunk and reliving their glory days.

OK none of those girls were in evidence and of course the sorority girls are still very very hot. The four houses they repped have historically been full of stunningly gorgeous girls.
The amount of skin they're showing is amazing. I sure I'll get no disagreement!

Hey if you've got it flaunt it I suppose.

OK none of those girls were in evidence and of course the sorority girls are still very very hot. The four houses they repped have historically been full of stunningly gorgeous girls.
The amount of skin they're showing is amazing. I sure I'll get no disagreement!

Hey if you've got it flaunt it I suppose.
If you got too much of it then don’t flaunt it.

I also agree the hottest ladies are usually the alums running around, especially when they are drunk and reliving their glory days.

I hope you're not referring to me in any way. I don't drink when I'm driving and my glory days were a long time ago.
But I also know that I had my day in the sun. If a hot Golden Chief type wants to come up to me and tell me I am still rockin it for him, then I'll go with that all day long. Just having fun.

I hope you're not referring to me in any way. I don't drink when I'm driving and my glory days were a long time ago.
But I also know that I had my day in the sun. If a hot Golden Chief type wants to come up to me and tell me I am still rockin it for him, then I'll go with that all day long. Just having fun.
No I wasn’t talking about you. And good for you, and I hope that handsome man finds you!!!!

Reactions: goldmom

giphy.gif

Those pics are straight outta Fear the Walking Herpes.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

DFS - can you merge this this thread with the D-Day veteran thread so we don't have duplicative threads going?

Goldmom my wife calls them "thutt" shorts - as in you can see where the thigh meets the butt. She also agrees that <1% of them have the body to pull it off

My comment has nothing to do with the morals of today's college kids, and I certainly don't see our generation (late 60s at FSU) as being superior in that regard, but I wonder what these girls are thinking when they walk out the door dressed like this? Seems like they're trying for the wrong kind of attention, but maybe they'll take whatever attention they can get. Maybe "classy" is a lost concept.

My comment has nothing to do with the morals of today's college kids, and I certainly don't see our generation (late 60s at FSU) as being superior in that regard, but I wonder what these girls are thinking when they walk out the door dressed like this? Seems like they're trying for the wrong kind of attention, but maybe they'll take whatever attention they can get. Maybe "classy" is a lost concept.

Societal answer: what do you see glamorized more on TV these days - evening gowns or lots of skin? Your answer there will lead to what these "kids" are looking for these days, social acceptance by way of likes, shares, retweets, etc.

DFS - can you merge this this thread with the D-Day veteran thread so we don't have duplicative threads going?

What does my parents' generation have to do with anything in this thread thus far?

I'll assume you were NOT voted wittiest guy in high school...amirite?

Reactions: Nole Daddy

You're right. There was plenty of stuff going on back then so no hypocritical intent on my part.

We used to have two categories: (1) weekend in Mexico or (2) take home to meet your Mama. Neither is good or bad, or right or wrong, they just aren't the same. Most of these girls look like they fall into the first category, and they may be perfectly happy with that.

You and I just missed the years when Game Day meant the guys wore a coat and tie and the girls wore suits. It didn't put a stop to the sex that would hopefully follow, but it at least put a veneer on it. The girls in the pictures above look like you wouldn't be surprised to see them bent over a pickup tail gate in the stadium parking lot.

Is this where I'm supposed to say, "Get off my lawn!"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT