ADVERTISEMENT

Subway Italian Herbs and Cheese Bread

cmanole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2002
Had this for the first time today with my Spicy Italian sub. So much better than the plain white bread, which is great in its own right. But the Italian Herbs and Cheese bread really sets off the Spicy Italian. I highly recommend trying it...
o.jpg

I used to always get that same combination- Spicy Italian on Italian herbs and cheese bread. I tried Jersey Mike's and haven't been back to Subway since.

Reactions: seminoleed
A quality meal at a fair price. There is a reason there are so many Subways - it's just good American food.

I used to always get that same combination- Spicy Italian on Italian herbs and cheese bread. I tried Jersey Mike's and haven't been back to Subway since.
Never been to a Jersey Mike's, not even sure there is one around here but I have been to Firehouse and their subs are great. But the Italian herb and cheese bread is damn good I thought.

Reactions: shakane
One trip to Jersey Mike's and never went back. As far as chain subs, give me a Club on a Sub from Firehouse all day long.

Subway is "ok". I used to enjoy it when I was younger and will still crave it, however, Jimmy Johns and Jersey Mikes are far better. I'll still crave and get a Subway sub every now and then (kind of like a comforting memory eating them).

As a side note, has anyone noticed a decline in Publix subs over the past year or so? Mostly with the bread. It's as if it's drier and has too much damn cornmeal on the bottom of it. It's not just at one location I've noticed this either.

As a side note, has anyone noticed a decline in Publix subs over the past year or so? Mostly with the bread. It's as if it's drier and has too much damn cornmeal on the bottom of it. It's not just at one location I've noticed this either.

I've never been impressed with Publix subs. As you say the bread is not as good as Subway and I think the ingredients are all the same, just in different packaging. That and it takes forever to get in and out of there so why bother when there's a less expensive, more convenient, faster alternative?

You must have been happy when Subways decided to remove the same product found in yoga mats from their bread a few years ago.

I've never been impressed with Publix subs. As you say the bread is not as good as Subway and I think the ingredients are all the same, just in different packaging. That and it takes forever to get in and out of there so why bother when there's a less expensive, more convenient, faster alternative?
Online ordering is the way to go with Publix subs.

Reactions: dmm5157
You must have been happy when Subways decided to remove the same product found in yoga mats from their bread a few years ago.

For sure. That stuff runs through you like chit through a goose. No wonder Jared lost so much weight...

Any other suggestions?

Sure. Eat someplace else. I don't know the restaurants in your town. Just joking but you know what I mean.

Just saying there are some great sub shops out there. Most of the ones I have ran across were in the north east (poboys are a different story and can be found all over the southeast). Was meeting with a customer in Rochester last week and we ordered subs in for a working lunch. The roast beef sub that was suggested to me was off the chain.

Heck, the local supermercado in the area has better tortas that any of the sandwiches in the chains above.

Had this for the first time today with my Spicy Italian sub. So much better than the plain white bread, which is great in its own right. But the Italian Herbs and Cheese bread really sets off the Spicy Italian. I highly recommend trying it...
o.jpg

Great photo, pro. You really captured the texture of the bread and the glistening freshness of the veggies!

I tried Firehouse Subs off the strength of the Locker Room's raves and found it to be nowhere near as extraordinary as you guys say. Not even sure it's better than Which Wich.

I worked there for years at the end of HS, when you make your own they are MUCH better. :) And haven't been back to a Subway since Firehouse and Jimmy Johns. We don't have Publix and I haven't found any better options.

Last edited:
Although it did take me forever going part time with life breaks from start to completion of my undergrad.

ADVERTISEMENT