ADVERTISEMENT

T Cell Immunity

fsufool

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
New Hampshire
www.shaferfinancial.com
I'm sure the mod's will move this if it gets political, so please don't make it a political thing.
A recent study published in "Nature" has found t-cell immunity in the bone marrow of Covid infected people who were infected 11 months previously. The scientist state that this means it is likely for those that were infected they have immunity against Covid for years if not for life. This is similar to viral infections like Measles and Chicken Pox. This is a small study, but will be the first of many more looking at this. This group is next looking at those vaccinated to see if a similar t-cell response in the bone marrow exists.

This is great news. CDC estimates 30% of the country was infected with Covid.

There was a good Wall Street Journal article penned by a professor at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine back in February that said that we were missing the T-cell immunity side of the equation in our quest to defeat SARS-COV-2. The basic point of the article was that the medical profession is afraid to talk about it because it has a natural herd immunity ring to it. The article cites a couple of studies as is tradition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nynole1 and fsufool
I suspect T-cell immunity is the reason for many of the asymptomatic covid cases. This would be good news because I don't know if there is another way to tell whether one has this immunity.

Reactions: nynole1
There was a good Wall Street Journal article penned by a professor at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine back in February that said that we were missing the T-cell immunity side of the equation in our quest to defeat SARS-COV-2. The basic point of the article was that the medical profession is afraid to talk about it because it has a natural herd immunity ring to it (which is a political minefield because vaccine compliance, etc. etc.). The article cites a couple of studies as is tradition.
Can you share this?

John Hopkins has had multiple findings regarding "controversial" topics that have been downplayed or outright dismissed due to politics over the years. I'd be interested in reading this one.

This was reported 5 days ago. (sorry I have lost the link). It takes time to test the longevity of T-cell immunity for any new virus and while there was speculation that the immunity was present, it took months of testing of infected people to estimate the longevity. While it is good news, and probably explains why this country has seemed to approach herd immunity with only 50% of the population vaccinated, I don't think we know how it will factor into COVID protocols during football season. I assume that is why this has been posted. For example, how much mandatory testing will there be in fall? I don't think that has been announced yet.

Can you share this?

John Hopkins has had multiple findings regarding "controversial" topics that have been downplayed or outright dismissed due to politics over the years. I'd be interested in reading this one.

The timing was off by about one month, but I think the prediction turned out correct.

Reactions: nynole1
I'm sure the mod's will move this if it gets political, so please don't make it a political thing.
A recent study published in "Nature" has found t-cell immunity in the bone marrow of Covid infected people who were infected 11 months previously. The scientist state that this means it is likely for those that were infected they have immunity against Covid for years if not for life. This is similar to viral infections like Measles and Chicken Pox. This is a small study, but will be the first of many more looking at this. This group is next looking at those vaccinated to see if a similar t-cell response in the bone marrow exists.

This is great news. CDC estimates 30% of the country was infected with Covid.
I have 2 acquaintances who were sick with Covid twice.

That's incredible because it's been a worldwide rarity. So your aquantinces apparently won the COVID Powerball with those odds.

Article published in the preeminate scientific journal Nature last month (May 2021) states that people who have recovered from COVID-19:

Overall, we show that SARS-CoV-2 infection induces a robust antigen-specific, long-lived humoral immune response in humans.

SARS-CoV-2 infection induces long-lived bone marrow plasma cells in humans

(Full Article) SARS-CoV-2 infection induces long-lived bone marrow plasma cells in humans

That's incredible because it's been a worldwide rarity. So your aquantinces apparently won the COVID Powerball with those odds.

Article published in the preeminate scientific journal Nature last month (May 2021) states that people who have recovered from COVID-19:

Overall, we show that SARS-CoV-2 infection induces a robust antigen-specific, long-lived humoral immune response in humans.

SARS-CoV-2 infection induces long-lived bone marrow plasma cells in humans

(Full Article) SARS-CoV-2 infection induces long-lived bone marrow plasma cells in humans
I hear you but they were infected in June of 2020 and then again in December 2020.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT