ADVERTISEMENT

The Expanse is now saved by Amazon

Imtotallynottribe

Seminole Insider
Apr 6, 2018
and if that title made no sense then you’re part of the problem about how the fourth best tv show on tv (after Fargo, The Americans and GOT) almost got permanently cancelled. Make sure you catch it on Amazon.

Reactions: BelemNole
I read they're in talks. Has the deal been confirmed?

Yeah the article is poorly edited (good jerb Hollywood Reporter) we the title says it’s saved and the ending says Amazon picked it up but the first sentence says “they’re in talks to do it”. But I believe they’ve been picked up and it’s just terrible editing of an original article talking about the possibility. Ie modern day “journalism” is just blogs written by sixth graders and the equivalent.

I have not watched any of the shows you mentioned.

Even former CIA and other spooks claim that the Americans is spot on about 80s “tradecraft”. The only thing off is the volume of violence and sex which makes for great tv but doesn’t match what they were typically doing in real life. It’s very compelling and the chemistry between the two leads is real (they had an affair in real life and just recently had a kid together).

Fargo is the smartest show on tv, just fantastically intricate plots with snappy dialogue and five star acting.

I do not recall this show being mentioned in the past on this board and we talk about all things TV, booze and food quite a bit.

It’s SciFi which some people immediately tune out regardless of how good (or not) they will be. But it’s a very well done show with great acting, complex characterisations, an interesting underlying “mystery” and some real “wow!” Moments in the FX.

If you only have time for one SciFi show in your schedule, it should be the Expanses. Syfy actually had some decent shows on recently as the Magicians and The Expanse are both A+ shows unlike the majority of their low budget drek.

and if that title made no sense then you’re part of the problem about how the fourth best tv show on tv (after Fargo, The Americans and GOT) almost got permanently cancelled. Make sure you catch it on Amazon.
Seriously that good? How come I have never heard of it??

It’s SciFi which some people immediately tune out regardless of how good (or not) they will be. But it’s a very well done show with great acting, complex characterisations, an interesting underlying “mystery” and some real “wow!” Moments in the FX.

If you only have time for one SciFi show in your schedule, it should be the Expanses. Syfy actually had some decent shows on recently as the Magicians and The Expanse are both A+ shows unlike the majority of their low budget drek.

I will give it a try. We fizzled out on Dark Matter which had the makings of a very interesting story but unfortunately the bad acting/actors really made sticking with the show a challenge we could not overcome.

Seriously that good? How come I have never heard of it??

Because it’s on Syfy home of Battlestar Galactica and.....mainly a bunch of terrible %*%* like Sharknado. But the Expanse and Magicians (don’t be fooled by the “Harry Potter in college” ads and first half of Season One, it quickly moves past it) are actually really good. In fact the Magicians is my wife’s favorite show on tv now. For me it’s a top ten show but a little too silly to beat GOT, the Expanse, Fargo and The Americans.

Because it’s on Syfy home of Battlestar Galactica and.....mainly a bunch of terrible %*%* like Sharknado. But the Expanse and Magicians (don’t be fooled by the “Harry Potter in college” ads and first half of Season One, it quickly moves past it) are actually really good. In fact the Magicians is my wife’s favorite show on tv now. For me it’s a top ten show but a little too silly to beat GOT, the Expanse, Fargo and The Americans.
Someone told me to watch The 100 on Netflix. I wasted a few hours watching the entire first season. I will certainly give the Expanse a try, but need assurances. ;)

I will give it a try. We fizzled out on Dark Matter which had the makings of a very interesting story but unfortunately the bad acting/actors really made sticking with the show a challenge.

Dark Matter, Killjoys and Wynona Earp are the typical low budget, low brow Syfy shows. I watched all three but wouldn’t claim they’re good. The Magicians and Expanses on the other hand are really excellent. Krypton started too slow for me to really like it but the second half when it adds several characters from Superman’s canonical villains list made it halfway decent. So Krypton is midway between Dark Matter and the Expanse/Magicians in quality.

Someone told me to watch The 100 on Netflix. I wasted a few hours watching the entire first season. I will certainly give the Expanse a try, but need assurances. ;)

That was not me. The 100 has a great premise but like Jericho, Falling Skies, the V reboot, etc... never lived up to the premise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT