ADVERTISEMENT

The Flat Earthers have some competition

DMoriarty

Contributor
Sep 15, 2007
Solar Eclipses are not Caused by the Moon
According to Vedic Astronomy, the most ancient and accurate system of astronomy on the planet, solar eclipses are not caused by the Moon coming in front of the Sun as astronomers believe. Rather the Moon is described as being further away than the Sun and what happens at the time of a solar eclipse is the Moon goes behind the Sun and a dark planet call Rahu comes between the Sun and the Earth.

https://krishna.org/astronomy-debunked-solar-eclipses-are-not-caused-by-the-moon/

Founder of this religion?
83206ae67da70662c246b9cca0b92d2da77cae199a14e8d23e102739d5192b2e.jpg

In my 5 minutes of internet research, it seems that it's based on old Hindu texts. I've got nothing against Hinduism, so I'm good with the theory of a large god/snake severed-head-being riding through the heavens on a horse-drawn chariot and briefly swallowing the sun.

Ken-Jeong-I%E2%80%99ll-allow-it.gif

Religion and Science don't mix regardless of what religion we're discussing.

Reactions: csklad
...and that's why the government doesn't want you to look unless you're wearing truth blocking glasses.

Reactions: dmm5157
I'm just commenting so I can see how this thread goes. It has so much potential.

Wondered how long it would take for the Flying Spaghetti Monster to show up. Been quiet too long.

ADVERTISEMENT