ADVERTISEMENT

The New Yorker

The magazine publishes some pretty intriguing articles that are accessible online prior to print. I read one yesterday, which provided an intriguing, informing story and at the same time had intellectual fairness that felt as though it was acting as an independent monitor of power, a watchdog of sorts. And so, I wondered out loud, if the rest of the publication was worth perusing for those specific characteristics.

I know some of our posters are fans of real journalism, so I wanted to get their opinions. I know @goldmom considers herself a true upper-class connoisseur of well-written publications that do not dabble in the propaganda pushed by the bourgeois to exploit the proletariats. Maybe she has an opinion?

I read some of the stuff online. It's quality, and mostly unbiased, IMO. I don't subscribe because I'm not home enough to sit down with a magazine, and don't like carrying magazines around with me.

Honestly? My favorite thing in the New Yorker has always been the cartoons!
But I'm flattered that someone would ask for my thoughts. I'm intrigued about the program on PBS. When does it air?

Vanity Fair is good if you can get through all the ads for expensive ladies handbags! Economist also.

Exposed.

Definitely subscribing now.

DYahhTtVoAEKCma.jpg:large

Exposed.

Definitely subscribing now.

DYahhTtVoAEKCma.jpg:large
I have no idea what the future holds but the increasingly likely possibility that a photograph of his naked body exists and has a reasonable chance of being released for public consumption is ... well ... searing that image into your brain isn't going to help the mental health crisis.

I don't intend that as a political comment - kind of just a combination of being flabbergasted and some humor at this unusual situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT