ADVERTISEMENT

The Open Championship

It's good to see the guy come this far back, but the media slurp fest will make television coverage close to unwatchable.

And my interest level just fell some more after Koepka decided to put it in reverse on a day when low scores appear to be the norm.

It's good to see the guy come this far back, but the media slurp fest will make television coverage close to unwatchable.

And my interest level just fell some more after Koepka decided to put it in reverse on a day when low scores appear to be the norm.

We may need one of those blue dots on the screen, and the sound bleeper, if the slurp-fest gets any more graphic.

Woods doing well is good for the game, but even though it's not his fault, the inordinate amount of time the media people devote to his every move is obnoxious.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
It is weird to watch when the greens are actually green
R&A consistently does a tremendous job setting up the courses. Wind picked up with the tide so scores wee higher later. Course is in excellent shape - brown is good for fescue on a warm summer

R&A consistently does a tremendous job setting up the courses. Wind picked up with the tide so scores wee higher later. Course is in excellent shape - brown is good for fescue on a warm summer
It's also been one of the driest summers in recent history. That's why the fairways are rock hard giving up 400+ yard drives. That little bit of rain was welcomed by that grass. Supposed to get more tomorrow with some winds.

Surprising that Koepka laid an egg today. Seems like all that time he spent playing overseas would have given him an edge...at least over most Americans.

Tiger just made birdie....now only 3 behind the leader.

Tiger! Tiger! Tiger!

Turned in on this morning, and the first thing I hear is, "We may be witnessing not only the greatest golf comeback ever, but perhaps the greatest in all of sports." WTH? Forget all of sports. Hogan must be turning over in his grave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hot damn, Tiger sitting at top of the open... just hit amazing shot out of bunker.

He is full meltdown. Has been a pattern for a while now compared to his early days. Where he once would lock down and savagely beat the opponents on Sunday in a tournament in reach, he now runs out of gas and wilts, never able to win the tournament.

Reactions: noleone99
Spieth and 4 others lead at 6 under. C'mon Jordan!

He is full meltdown. Has been a pattern for a while now compared to his early days. Where he once would lock down and savagely beat the opponents on Sunday in a tournament in reach, he now runs out of gas and wilts, never able to win the tournament.
Certainly wouldn’t call it “full meltdown” given the situation. But you’re correct back in the day we wouldn’t doubt Tiger had already won the tournament.

Reactions: DanC78
Why would you pay for a ticket to go to a major event and then purposely yell during someone's back swing as was what just done to Tiger? Looks like they have their share of classless fans across the pond too.

Why would you pay for a ticket to go to a major event and then purposely yell during someone's back swing as was what just done to Tiger? Looks like they have their share of classless fans across the pond too.
About 8 too many pints of Guinness.

Reactions: SoddyNole
OMG, put the clock on Schauffele...he gives the word "deliberate" a new meaning. I know what's at stake, but c'mon.

Certainly wouldn’t call it “full meltdown” given the situation. But you’re correct back in the day we wouldn’t doubt Tiger had already won the tournament.
True, I posted that after a bad drive. But the vintage Tiger would never have dropped three strokes, the second he got on top. Noticed this a bit recently when he males charge he gives it back up second he gets up there. Good news is his game is there.

Reactions: noleone99
True, I posted that after a bad drive. But the vintage Tiger would never have dropped three strokes, the second he got on top. Noticed this a bit recently when he males charge he gives it back up second he gets up there. Good news is his game is there.
His game sure is. I hope he can get some more wins, especially Majors, under his belt.

Reactions: noleclone2
He needs four to catch Jack. Will never happen. He doesn't have the game anymore and the players today don't fold like Mickelson, Duval, VJ and Els did when he neared the lead...

I agree, even with his game coming back to an upper tier PGA player, these new guys who grew up as school boys watching Tiger are going to make that impossible.

I think he has a strong chance to get a win before this season is over, which is way more than I thought after his first real tournament back at Torrey Pines in January.

I wish Tiger the best as he is good for golf. With that said, his short lived time with the lead making the turn on Sunday will be as close as he ever comes to another major. He has made a good run but too many factors now involved. His age, his injury's, the rest of the field's talent level, his mental status.......

Do I think he can win again? Oh yeah he can, he has the talent, but can he do it in the best of the best ie: majors? I for one say no........hope I am wrong.

Reactions: cmanole
I wish Tiger the best as he is good for golf. With that said, his short lived time with the lead making the turn on Sunday will be as close as he ever comes to another major. He has made a good run but too many factors now involved. His age, his injury's, the rest of the field's talent level, his mental status.......

Do I think he can win again? Oh yeah he can, he has the talent, but can he do it in the best of the best ie: majors? I for one say no........hope I am wrong.

I would agree, if I had to put money on it I would say its a better than 50% chance he won't win another major. The fields are so deep, its hard enough to win a major at your peak let alone after all he has been through. To win even one more means he is matching the major wins of players like: Fred Couples, Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott, Dustin Johnson, Jason Day, David Love III. It is so tough to even win one. All that said, can he win one? Absolutely. I wouldn't have answered that it was even possible 3-4 months ago.

I think he gets 1-2 more IF he stays healthy. 4 seems like it will be nearly impossible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT