ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the XFL?

I think they’ll get some better players after this draft. Should be interesting. I’m semi-enjoying it right now. Better than no football right?

Reactions: andnole
I took a REALLY good nap in my recliner during yesterday’s game.

Reactions: DHNole55
I'm enjoying the games so far. There does seem that some of the teams are better. I guess we need to see how the season progresses.

Haven’t seen the game but what’s up with their offense? Hal Mumme is their offensive coordinator, right? Isn’t he supposed to be an offensive guru?

Haven’t seen the game but what’s up with their offense? Hal Mumme is their offensive coordinator, right? Isn’t he supposed to be an offensive guru?

They couldn’t get anything going at all. St. Louis wasn't much better, but it was ugly for Dallas.

Jerry Glanville is supposed to be a defensive genius and look what the Vipers defense did today. Granted, the offense wasn't helping by turning the ball over constantly.

Dodged a bullet there. Don’t think he has the energy anymore but can’t really judge that scrub league. I think he’s just having fun and this is not the place for fun as we’ve recently learned. Time to WORK! Best of luck BGB...

Don't think this league will last too long.

For some odd reason I think it will last for awhile. Reason being, the ppl involved actually have a mulit year vision for the league. They have a contingency plan for when it plateaus and they have plan for when it's showing progress. I don't think the powers at be are looking at it as something they're just going to "try out and see if it sticks"

I watched the Tampa/NY game. Found it to be somewhat entertaining. Probably will catch other games when possible. College basketball however will get the bulk of my attention.

Average attendance of AAF teams first week was 19K.

Average attendance of XFL during the first week was 17K.

McMahon may choose to sink a lot of money into this project to keep it on life support. For how long is anyone's guess. I don't see the advertising dollars being there and the league can not support itself with such low numbers.

Reactions: DHNole55
Good for him... got to respect the drive. Wasnt he All ACC DT at like 230lbs?

I thought they said Tampa was supposed to be good? Now 0-3. At least they scored TDs today. Unfortunately they couldn't score the one they needed from 2 yards out in four tries.

ADVERTISEMENT