ADVERTISEMENT

Ticketmaster Settlement

Gonolz

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 6, 2002
Indian Rocks Beach
Check your Ticketmaster accounts for vouchers. If you bought tickets from them from 1999-2013, you may be eligible for vouchers. They finally, kind of, sort of acknowledged their deceptive practices in charging their ridiculous fees. If you bought a $50 ticket and ended up paying $90 for it, you could be receiving a small voucher for it. I'm sure there will be $20 in shipping and handling, convenience fees, venue fees and overpriced parking to redeem the vouchers.

http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/

Check your Ticketmaster accounts for vouchers. If you bought tickets from them from 1999-2013, you may be eligible for vouchers. They finally, kind of, sort of acknowledged their deceptive practices in charging their ridiculous fees. If you bought a $50 ticket and ended up paying $90 for it, you could be receiving a small voucher for it. I'm sure there will be $20 in shipping and handling, convenience fees, venue fees and overpriced parking to redeem the vouchers.

http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/
Wow. Thanks for sharing. I have a whole bunch of vouchers in there. I have 5 that say the following:

"This voucher is potentially redeemable for two eligible general admission tickets for select events at Live Nation owned or operated venues, subject to availability and limitations. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each Ticket Voucher is valid for a single, one-time use."

That sounds fantastic but I wonder if they are as valuable as that voucher statement implies. That "potentially redeemable" part has me suspicious. Guess I'll have to find a show I want to go to though and find out.

I also have 5 that say I have a $2.25 discount code:

"This Discount Code can be applied toward a future ticket purchase on Ticketmaster.com for events in the United States. Discount Codes are redeemable for all events except MLB games & those held at AEG venues. Each Discount Code is valid for a single, one-time use."

Only marginal downside is that I have to use them all by 6-18-2020, but that's still a solid 2 years worth of potential usage...so way better than a poke in the eye!

Thanks again!

Of course, it's a limited number of tickets, for a limited number of shows, in a limited number of cities.

Of course, it's a limited number of tickets, for a limited number of shows, in a limited number of cities.
Right...I'm sure my initial joy will be met with red tape once I try to use them...but it's still nice to theoretically have some free stuff (for now).

I've got a total of 10
5 - $2.25 codes
5 - Events (each voucher is good for two tix)

If you scroll down on this, you'll see a list of eligible events.

Messed up that they have zero in NYC, it's only like one of their biggest markets.

Last edited:
Didn't they do this same thing several years ago? The ticket vouchers were pretty much useless as they had a limited number of shows they would work at, and then only like 5 per show could be redeemed. So if you were even lucky enough to find a show to use them at, the likelihood that you could even redeem them was almost non-existent.

"The eligible event list is now closed and the ticket voucher requirements have been fulfilled."

Wow, that's a heck of a settlement they worked out.

Reactions: LesClaypool
ADVERTISEMENT