ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Tebow ?

jaswinnie

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 5, 2007
Just curious what you think about him playing professional baseball. Does he really deserve the opportunity? Read some where the Mets gave him a $100,000 grand to sign.

Is this a publicity sell tickets deal or do you think he actually has the skills to play professional baseball. Hitting .222 with 3 homeruns and was promoted to high A ball. Saw he has a single and HR in tonight's game. Fighting with Gate fans on Facebook that he never earned the opportunity.

Your thoughts ??

Reactions: Bellis30
Gimmick. 30 year playing like crap in low A ball.

His handlers came up with a new way for Timmy to make some cash off athletic ability.

Reactions: Bellis30
Lenny has peaked:

Fake sports.....puke fest in West Palm metro area....

He's playing this weekend here in FM...watching the local news sports you'd think the pope was coming to town

Full blown ploy to sell tickets. It will be worse if they bring him to the bigs for the same reason which I think they will. WWE will be up next once they are done with LaVar Ball.

Heard a baseball GM said they will call him up if they fall out of the race as a financial decision selling tickets and Jerseys. He said they will make millions by putting him on the big team for a week... "It's a business decision"

Heard a baseball GM said they will call him up if they fall out of the race as a financial decision selling tickets and Jerseys. He said they will make millions by putting him on the big team for a week... "It's a business decision"
A young player that actually has a shot will miss out because they call this clown up to sell jerseys. And MLB wonders why people don't watch anymore.

Not to mention there are like 150 plus games a year. Why is that interesting? Same with the NBA, most game really don't matter. You couldn't get me to a MLB or NBA game unless its like at Fenway Park, the Garden or some iconic place. And then only once.

Went to Madison Garden last season the tickets are crazy expensive for a any seat. Not to mention the $50 or so go park. I did my one time visit. I live 30 minutes from the Rays stadium I wouldn't go there with a free ticket.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
Went to Madison Garden last season the tickets are crazy expensive for a any seat. Not to mention the $50 or so go park. I did my one time visit. I live 30 minutes from the Rays stadium I wouldn't go there with a free ticket.
I went there two years ago but for the dog show. Tickets were cheaper and way better to watch than basketball.

Reactions: Primetime Swag
Gimmick. 30 year playing like crap in low A ball.

His handlers came up with a new way for Timmy to make some cash off athletic ability.
If you want to be real about it, cash isn't an issue for Tebow. Some of you are reaching with the hate on this one.

I live right outside of Columbia and the Fireflies were a really hot ticket all spring. It's just a ploy to sell tickets. It's St. Lucie's turn now.

The golden boy never "did the right thing" instead kept his mouth shut and looked the other way while his teammates were racking up felonies right in front of him in college.

No reason he starts now and turns down his undeserved opportunity.

Welcome to NYC. Most sporting events are crazy expensive. Heck, price of nosebleed season tickets at the Garden or Barclays for basketball are as much as Champions Club seating.

I'd be very surprised if this happens. He was a below average low A ball player. The jump from that level to the majors is massive. I saw he had a HR tonight but most likely he will be even worse in St. Lucie than he was in Columbia. The Mets would risk alienating a lot of their players if they moved him up as purely a publicity stunt.

What do you mean "does he deserve".
If he's making the Mets more money than they're paying him (he is) then he's earning his paycheck.

Don't know how you live up there I spent 10 months up there last year chasing a girl I dated in high school. She lives in Yorktown Heights. Couldn't handle the weather and the people. Everyone I met was rude and basically knew every thing. City was neat but way to many people for my liking. Cost of everything especially food was off the chart also. Not leaving Sarasota it's just way to nice here and I have been to a lot of places.

He will be up when the Mets are out of the race. The Mets stand to cash in on his celebrity don't think they care what the other minor leaguers think it's all about the almighty DOLLAR

43C532F9-CC5E-48DC-98FE-2D3CE01ED452_zpsesyfwh6m.jpg

Reactions: jaxbuddy
If you want to be real about it, cash isn't an issue for Tebow. Some of you are reaching with the hate on this one.

It isn't an issue but read the SI story from last month that explains this gimmick came about during meetings with CAA and Timmy supposedly came up with the idea on his own.

Timmy is a puppet being told what, where and when by his father, brother and CAA.

It isn't an issue but read the SI story from last month that explains this gimmick came about during meetings with CAA and Timmy supposedly came up with the idea on his own.

Timmy is a puppet being told what, where and when by his father, brother and CAA.
So he's marketing himself? Since when did it become "bad" to market yourself to make money? If people wanted to pay you handsomely to be somewhere, would you?

Look I get it. He whooped our behinds while at uf and I hated it more than anyone....especially when ppl talked about how good of a qb he was...Bc he wasn't a quarterback. He was an athlete playing the position who couldn't read defenses and couldn't go thru progressions. I know it may not be popular in today's world...but as a Christian I appreciate what he does outside the lines. When it comes to Hernandez...I remember being good friends with no so nice guys in school. I tried to influence them in the right direction. Like Hernandez...it didn't always work. Let's bash him for being a turd or a slobbered over but bad qb...but to hammer the guy for marketing himself or trying to help ppl out...I'm not for that....at the end of the day it's just sports.

So he's marketing himself? Since when did it become "bad" to market yourself to make money? If people wanted to pay you handsomely to be somewhere, would you?

Look I get it. He whooped our behinds while at uf and I hated it more than anyone....especially when ppl talked about how good of a qb he was...Bc he wasn't a quarterback. He was an athlete playing the position who couldn't read defenses and couldn't go thru progressions. I know it may not be popular in today's world...but as a Christian I appreciate what he does outside the lines. When it comes to Hernandez...I remember being good friends with no so nice guys in school. I tried to influence them in the right direction. Like Hernandez...it didn't always work. Let's bash him for being a turd or a slobbered over but bad qb...but to hammer the guy for marketing himself or trying to help ppl out...I'm not for that....at the end of the day it's just sports.
Go to a gator board if you want to defend him or participate in a slobbering love fest...be it for his faith or any other reason.

Here, he's just a self-aggrandizing, Aaron Hernandez-loving, crappy QB/baseball player.

Honestly it's not that hard to figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: seminoleed
Go to a gator board if you want to defend him or participate in a slobbering love fest...be it for his faith or any other reason.

Here, he's just a self-aggrandizing, Aaron Hernandez-loving, crappy QB/baseball player.

Honestly it's not that hard to figure out.

Ok

He was a great college player and deserves recognition for it but his baseball career is a joke.

He is a moronic pawn being used by his father, brother, agents and now the Mets. If you think for one second anything isn't orchestrated by others you are nuts.

He does a lot of good but again, he does it for recognition and self-promotion.

He was a great college player and deserves recognition for it but his baseball career is a joke.

He is a moronic pawn being used by his father, brother, agents and now the Mets. If you think for one second anything isn't orchestrated by others you are nuts.

He does a lot of good but again, he does it for recognition and self-promotion.
Do you think Jameis does his camps and outreach for recognition and self-promotion? Why or why not?

And I agree...his baseball career is a joke thus far.

He will continue to be moved up through the system throughout the year, regardless of his ability. The marketing is providing a financial spark for their minor league teams. They are also using him for his motivational abilities.

It's funny that everyone pays attention to his hitting stats. He could bat .400 and hit 30 hr's and still not make it to the majors. His outfield play is awful.

Do you think Jameis does his camps and outreach for recognition and self-promotion? Why or why not?

And I agree...his baseball career is a joke thus far.

I'm a fan of Jameis but considering his camps are $150 for a couple of hours I'd say he's doing his camps to make money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT