ADVERTISEMENT

Tooth fairy rates

funksouljon

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 26, 2004
COS, CO
Anyone know the current tooth fairy rates? What's standard? I have heard of people giving their kids $20 a tooth! what the hell!?

I think I got a lousy buck when I was little.

Usually $5, but gotta plan ahead because we rarely have any cash around. I wish my kid took Venmo.
Max I got as a kid was $2 and that's when I had to have a couple pulled.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
blogpost_234_5Buck.jpg

My boys are 14 & 12. They got 5 for the first, and +/- $2 after that, depending on what we were able to scrounge up. Does the tooth fairy nowadays offer payment in Bitcoin?

Who is giving kids $20 a damn tooth!?

We went and got some gold Susan B. Anthony $1 coins. So he was able to collect them. We gave them to him the each year for the 2 years and then $5 a tooth plus the coin. He is 11 and just lost his last baby tooth a few weeks ago and we ran out of the coins. He still asked for one.

Reactions: goldmom
It doesn't make much difference how much they get anyway. One of two things happens with any cash the boys get. One, their mom takes it when she needs cash, but I am not home for her to raid my wallet; or, they buy an Xbox game that costs 29.99, charged to my credit card. Then they give me "their" cash, which *was* my cash before the frigging tooth fairy converted it into "their" cash.

It doesn't make much difference how much they get anyway. One of two things happens with any cash the boys get. One, their mom takes it when she needs cash, but I am not home for her to raid my wallet; or, they buy an Xbox game that costs 29.99, charged to my credit card. Then they give me "their" cash, which *was* my cash before the frigging tooth fairy converted it into "their" cash.
So, some confusion about the definition of "their" and "was"? It sounds like "their" mom is the winner.

We live in the same boat.

Golden Dollar per tooth. Kid is 6, he doesn't know the value of money yet. Plus he likes the shiny coin, and that my wife sells it by sprinkling glitter/fairy dust near his tooth pillow

Golden Dollar per tooth. Kid is 6, he doesn't know the value of money yet. Plus he likes the shiny coin, and that my wife sells it by sprinkling glitter/fairy dust near his tooth pillow
"Glitter is the herpes of the craft world."

-Demetri Martin

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT