ADVERTISEMENT

Travel Trailer Tailgaiting for Football

Mac_Man

Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 28, 2022
Hi all - I am hoping someone can provide some experience/information on suggested ways to tailgate over home football weekends.

I understand the boosters have a dedicated lot. I also understand from their website they do not allow towable campers, motor homes only?

So, does anyone know someone or have experience using a towable trailer for home games?

I know we could probably find a camp ground close by but would ideally like to stay near the stadium.

Thank you in advance!

Sean

Reactions: squiffynole
I just brought a travel trailer. The palace, there is a few grass lots on Lake Bradford. All would require you bringing a generator though.

Reactions: Mac_Man
I just brought a travel trailer. The palace, there is a few grass lots on Lake Bradford. All would require you bringing a generator though.
Thank you for taking time to reply - I have a few more questions if you don't mind? The parking lot at The Palace is reserved for parking pass/boosters only right? They didn't have an issue with the trailer instead of actual motor home or did you stay outside of that lot?

The palace parking lots are cash lots on the morning of gameday, it is not reserved for boosters. They don't have issues with trailers. You would have to arrive on Friday night though, all campers/travels must come in on Friday.

You want to park near the stadium, I know, and what a great thing that would be!

But if you get to looking for something off-site check out Coe's Landing on Highway 20 on Lake Talquin. It's a nice little Leon County Park with an easy shot to campus, I launch my boat there sometimes and like the setup. Don't know much about the hookup stuff and fee it's probably on line.

Just throwing this out as a backup option, good luck.

You want to park near the stadium, I know, and what a great thing that would be!

But if you get to looking for something off-site check out Coe's Landing on Highway 20 on Lake Talquin. It's a nice little Leon County Park with an easy shot to campus, I launch my boat there sometimes and like the setup. Don't know much about the hookup stuff and fee it's probably on line.

Just throwing this out as a backup option, good luck.
Thank you!

ADVERTISEMENT