ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Rudolph

Yep - Dude ran open a lot where our QBs didn't hit him. The ball was glued in Golson's hand last year and DF was getting beat up and was a rookie last year.

I think if we were honest with our selves and rewatched film on Travis last year we would see that he ran good routes but took more time to get open and our o line simply did not provide the time for many of his routes and DF had to check down to Cook or noonie more than we realize

Reactions: LesClaypool
I think if we were honest with our selves and rewatched film on Travis last year we would see that he ran good routes but took more time to get open and our o line simply did not provide the time for many of his routes and DF had to check down to Cook or noonie more than we realize
Oh yeah. And I don't think he is an NFL WR to be honest. But I did notice, especially with Golson, he was open and we just didn't hit him. Golson was scared to sling it.

Oh yeah. And I don't think he is an NFL WR to be honest. But I did notice, especially with Golson, he was open and we just didn't hit him. Golson was scared to sling it.

Im not sure that he wont make a carreer for himself in the NFL. He had good hands and worked hard. He wont be a #1 WR that will command huge contracts but as a #3 or #4 on a pass happy team. A guy who will work hard isnt to proud to play ST and will learn the play book and run crisp routes i could see him working his way into a decent situation and contributing on a team that cant afford to sign a young WR.

A team like the Falcons/Patriots/ packers/Giants/... a team that throws the ball a bunch and needs plenty of WR but cant afford for all of them to be elite because the $$$ the other players onthe roster demand.

Reactions: seminoleed
Im not sure that he wont make a carreer for himself in the NFL. He had good hands and worked hard. He wont be a #1 WR that will command huge contracts but as a #3 or #4 on a pass happy team. A guy who will work hard isnt to proud to play ST and will learn the play book and run crisp routes i could see him working his way into a decent situation and contributing on a team that cant afford to sign a young WR.

A team like the Falcons/Patriots/ packers/Giants/... a team that throws the ball a bunch and needs plenty of WR but cant afford for all of them to be elite because the $$$ the other players onthe roster demand.
WRs that lack BOTH have an uphill battle in the NFL.

Boldin lacks speed, but he's a monster physically. Desean Jackson lacks size, but he can fly.

I hope he can stick around but I just see it. We all love the guy and I'd love to be wrong.

Why can't some of you except the fact that he is NFL material, I have him down for a 7-9 year career. Some on here gave the guy zero chance at making a team. I bet he ends up with 40 catches this year

Why can't some of you except the fact that he is NFL material, I have him down for a 7-9 year career. Some on here gave the guy zero chance at making a team. I bet he ends up with 40 catches this year
Wouldn't say 40, but he will have a NFL career. Wouldn't be surprised if Bobo has one too

He was just inconsistent and didn't get coached up to his max abilities.
That is just not true, he did not have a great throwing QB is more the truth, he did all the other things like blocking and route running just fine.

If these guys were not coached up to their abilities then how do you explain Kermit and Travis doing so well

Reactions: mpls_nole
He's got the talent, now he just needs he's talents to be used the best way for him to be successful.

That is just not true, he did not have a great throwing QB is more the truth, he did all the other things like blocking and route running just fine.

If these guys were not coached up to their abilities then how do you explain Kermit and Travis doing so well

Ehhhh. He had Jameis and Francois (who threw for over 3300 yards) 2/3 years...most WR would take that all day.

Lets hope he can make the team

The Giants have 12 WR on their roster right now and 6 will make the team (NFL teams typically carry 6 WR and the Giants had 6 on their roster last year).

These guys will definitely make the final roster:
  1. Odell Beckham, Jr.
  2. Sterling Shepard
  3. Brandon Marshall (FA - replaced Viktor Cruz)
Those are the only "for sure" guys.

These three were on the roster last year:
  1. Roger Lewis: 7 rec 97 yds
  2. Tavarres King: 2 rec 50 yds
  3. Dwayne Harris: 1 rec 13 yds
They did not draft a WR this year and have four rookies UDFA guys and Rudolph is the best one. They also have two older FA guys who have never done anything in the league.

He has a real shot. Has to beat out one of those second list guys.

Meh is on

So he would be good with an NFL MVP quarterback throwing to him? Go figure.

Reactions: Nole1289
he was the same receiver for three years in a row. he dropped passes all three years and had a few great games all three years.

nothing wrong with that, but he left for a reason and didnt get drafted for a reason. will always be a nole and i'll always root for him.

As long as he doesn't overrun a route and fall off the edge of the earth.

ADVERTISEMENT