ADVERTISEMENT

Universal Holloween Horror

RangerNole

Seminole Insider
Apr 13, 2003
So went down there this past weekend with my wife, teenage daughter, several of her friends and linked up with my son a freshman in college. It was pretty cool, but it just had no scariness for me or my son. The girls as well as most people all screamed and freaked out. Don't get me wrong there are things that scare me but people jumping out at you in dark places just isn't one of them. So what are the LR thoughts scary people and movies are scary or hey it was cool, make up and effects were impressive, but just didn't scare me.

So went down there this past weekend with my wife, teenage daughter, several of her friends and linked up with my son a freshman in college. It was pretty cool, but it just had no scariness for me or my son. The girls as well as most people all screamed and freaked out. Don't get me wrong there are things that scare me but people jumping out at you in dark places just isn't one of them. So what are the LR thoughts scary people and movies are scary or hey it was cool, make up and effects were impressive, but just didn't scare me.

No one in my family or friends go to HHN to be scared. To us it’s about drinking, ogling scantily clad dancers and costumed actors and checking out the meticulously crafted set and makeup designs. Plus I enjoy taking photos during the event. I’ll post some of my pics later (can’t do it from the phone).

Yea RTM your probably correct.
Tribe yea there are a ton of drunk fools there and the later it got the drunker people were. In line for Ash vs. Evil saw one dude curled up in the fetal position expelling the demons and then right behind us this kid literally face planted. My son and I helped him until EMS arrived; this kid was messed up and on way more than alcohol. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a brain bleed after that fall, about 6 feel tall right onto his head and he didn't brace his fall at all. Sounded like a sledge hammer hitting asphalt.
But the thing was cool and well done, just not scary; now he Duke game holy crap that scared the you know what out of me.

No one in my family or friends go to HHN to be scared. To us it’s about drinking, ogling scantily clad dancers and costumed actors and checking out the meticulously crafted set and makeup designs. Plus I enjoy taking photos during the event. I’ll post some of my pics later (can’t do it from the phone).

This^

I haven't been in a couple years, but when I did go it was to get a little tipsy and check out how cool the place was set up. The first year I went I was hoping to be scared, but that wasn't the case at all, turned out to be more of a party scene than anything.

I think the local hayhide through the dark woods where a guy inevitably jumps in the back of the trailer with a Jason mask on and chainsaw is the best way to be "scared". They can get away with so much more at places like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSUTribe76
The only place that would really bother me is the one where you have to sign a waiver, go in alone, and it takes 8hrs. They cut your hair, force you to drink urine and blood, torture and drown you etc. The videos on youtube are pretty crazy.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
This^

I haven't been in a couple years, but when I did go it was to get a little tipsy and check out how cool the place was set up. The first year I went I was hoping to be scared, but that wasn't the case at all, turned out to be more of a party scene than anything.

I think the local hayhide through the dark woods where a guy inevitably jumps in the back of the trailer with a Jason mask on and chainsaw is the best way to be "scared". They can get away with so much more at places like that.

Yeah, when the scareactors can’t touch you (like at Universal) there’s literally nothing to be afraid of. Now having said that, I have seen tons of women (especially teen women) give real honest horrified screams at the various jump scares and grotesque scenes at Universal. But I go with my wife, sister and some of our friends and none of the women in our group are ever truly scared either. It IS a great time though. We’ve gone every year while staying at Cabana Bay (the “cheap” onsite resort) every year that Cabana Bay has been open. Oh and we always get the Express Passes, if you don’t you’ll be lucky to see half the houses and shows in a given night. Even with the Express Pass we barely made it to everything this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT