Unsurprisingly Random and Unquestionably Meaningless Thoughts

Bill From Tampa

Veteran Seminole Insider
Apr 1, 2002

1. So THAT is what a "W" looks like. Been awhile. Let’s not make a while until the next one please.

2. So that is what a lead looks like after one quarter of play. And a massive three point one at that. Given the final margin of victory, we all could have saved a whole lot of time and ended the game after the first fifteen minutes don’t you think?

3. And speaking of quarters, could they ……. have …... played the …... last seven …... seconds of the second ……. quuuuaaaaaaarrteerrr ….. any ……. sloooooooowwwwwwwwwweeeeerrrrrrrrrr?

4. Interesting play that backwards pass that went for a TD. That intentional fumble fooled everyone in the stadium. It was intentional, right?

5. A question to that guy in the stands wearing that authentic looking Seminole apparel, a sweater in 80 plus degree weather????? What were you thinking?

6. Memo to Syracuse kicker Eric Szmyt: Please, please, PLEASE can’t you buy a vowel?

7. The wit and wisdom of Mrs BFT. From the booth, “the Seminoles are knocking at the door”. Came the response from the couch, “Where in the rule book does say you have to knock first before scoring a touchdown?” Checking the rule book …… checking …… still checking.

8. You gotta love the timing of TV announcers. "Here's what Boston College does best, run the ball". Next play, a rush up the middle resulting in a four yard TFL.

9. The Tough Luck Award goes to the Miami Hurricanes and that last second FG that would have won the game but instead clanged off the upright. Thank goodness Florida State has never had any ill-fated kicking issues like that.

10. Years from now I bet you will be able to find a few hundred thousand Kentucky fans who say they were at the game that ended a 36 year home losing streak to the Gatros (their …) aka crocs of XXVI. BTW, hey Coach Mullen, if it is not too much trouble do you think you could have your team play like on November 27th? Especially the 15 penalties part?

Bonus Unsurprisingly Random and Unquestionably Meaningless Thoughts

11. You know, I bet the Fighting Jimbos would not be losing games like this if only A&M would build a brand new football facility. So far, that $7.5 mil a year is really paying off for Aggieland.

12. Sign seen at ESPN’s Gameday show: “Keep Trying Lane. You Will Never Be(at) Saban.”

13. Another sign seen at Gameday: “Where in Kansas is Arkansas anyway?”

14. Don't feel too bad Arkansas fans. Your Razorback team was just a mere 5.75 points short of the amount that the Georgia defense allows per game. Just one more score (or any score for that matter) and you eclipse it.

15. Yet another Gameday sign: “Sometimes I drink too much beer.” I am thinking this might have been one of those times.

squiffynole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee

1. So THAT is what a "W" looks like. Been awhile. Let’s not make a while until the next one please.

2. So that is what a lead looks like after one quarter of play. And a massive three point one at that. Given the final margin of victory, we all could have saved a whole lot of time and ended the game after the first fifteen minutes don’t you think?

3. And speaking of quarters, could they ……. have …... played the …... last seven …... seconds of the second ……. quuuuaaaaaaarrteerrr ….. any ……. sloooooooowwwwwwwwwweeeeerrrrrrrrrr?

4. Interesting play that backwards pass that went for a TD. That intentional fumble fooled everyone in the stadium. It was intentional, right?

5. A question to that guy in the stands wearing that authentic looking Seminole apparel, a sweater in 80 plus degree weather????? What were you thinking?

6. Memo to Syracuse kicker Eric Szmyt: Please, please, PLEASE can’t you buy a vowel?

7. The wit and wisdom of Mrs BFT. From the booth, “the Seminoles are knocking at the door”. Came the response from the couch, “Where in the rule book does say you have to knock first before scoring a touchdown?” Checking the rule book …… checking …… still checking.

8. You gotta love the timing of TV announcers. "Here's what Boston College does best, run the ball". Next play, a rush up the middle resulting in a four yard TFL.

9. The Tough Luck Award goes to the Miami Hurricanes and that last second FG that would have won the game but instead clanged off the upright. Thank goodness Florida State has never had any ill-fated kicking issues like that.

10. Years from now I bet you will be able to find a few hundred thousand Kentucky fans who say they were at the game that ended a 36 year home losing streak to the Gatros (their …) aka crocs of XXVI. BTW, hey Coach Mullen, if it is not too much trouble do you think you could have your team play like on November 27th? Especially the 15 penalties part?

Bonus Unsurprisingly Random and Unquestionably Meaningless Thoughts

11. You know, I bet the Fighting Jimbos would not be losing games like this if only A&M would build a brand new football facility. So far, that $7.5 mil a year is really paying off for Aggieland.

12. Sign seen at ESPN’s Gameday show: “Keep Trying Lane. You Will Never Be(at) Saban.”

13. Another sign seen at Gameday: “Where in Kansas is Arkansas anyway?”

14. Don't feel too bad Arkansas fans. Your Razorback team was just a mere 5.75 points short of the amount that the Georgia defense allows per game. Just one more score (or any score for that matter) and you eclipse it.

15. Yet another Gameday sign: “Sometimes I drink too much beer.” I am thinking this might have been one of those times.
Good work Bill!

Reactions: NoleLizards