• Retained and AD takes fall

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Other (please add your scenario)

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

DanC78

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 29, 2003
anyone read the report by Brett McMurphy?

Pretty damaging for Urban. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is fired over this.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
I'm sure he's wanting to spend more time with his family (even though I'm even more sure that the feeling isn't mutual)

Reactions: seminoleed
7MGT.gif

He’s such a slimy ass.
I think he gets canned. OSU is neck deep in the Jim Jordan stuff and since they can’t fire a congressman Urban will have to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: noleclone2
He should get fired just for being a worthless assembly of flesh, bones and organs, but I don't see it from tOSU. From what I've read, there's no tangible evidence that he KNEW what happened in 2015, though common sense says "yeah, the d-bag was fully aware and lent services to assist in covering up."

Likely worst from a OSU perspective that happens is a major step back in recruiting. Perception v reality scenario where parents wouldn't feel comfortable allowing their sons to play for that guy.

Reactions: Bobbyfanz
"Head football coach turns a blind eye to crimes committed by an assistant coach, film at 11"
- An especially popular refrain in B1G country.

They won't fire him, hubris is all consuming. Hopefully they retain him and even more dirt on that buttface comes out, making him and the university both look even more crooked.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
He should get fired just for being a worthless assembly of flesh, bones and organs, but I don't see it from tOSU. From what I've read, there's no tangible evidence that he KNEW what happened in 2015, though common sense says "yeah, the d-bag was fully aware and lent services to assist in covering up."

Likely worst from a OSU perspective that happens is a major step back in recruiting. Perception v reality scenario where parents wouldn't feel comfortable allowing their sons to play for that guy.

There is a lot of lying that would have to take place from all the coaches wives for that happen.

Both McMurphy and Yahoo Sports suggest there are possible Title IX issues that should be investigated. I really don't see how Title IX is in play here.

Both McMurphy and Yahoo Sports suggest there are possible Title IX issues that should be investigated. I really don't see how Title IX is in play here.
Ohio State may be in violation of Title IX, which states: discrimination on the basis of sex, can include sexual harassment, rape, and sexual assault. A college or university that receives federal funding may be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores sexual harassment or assault in its programs or activities.

Ohio State may be in violation of Title IX, which states: discrimination on the basis of sex, can include sexual harassment, rape, and sexual assault. A college or university that receives federal funding may be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores sexual harassment or assault in its programs or activities.

Um, that says "in its programs or activities". Courtney Smith wasn't a part of The Ohio State, and the alleged assaults didn't happen within The Ohio State programs or activities.

Repeating the quote from the article isn't an explanation.

I think he is going to be gone. Some of these college coaches really need to get a perspective on real life. I know they are treated like gods and all that, but after PSU, and in the technology age, any coach who doesn't realize this stuff is going to get out, needs to be fired for being stupid.

I don't know. He's a hell of a coach. If he can get his wife to lie, it might be his best coaching job, ever.

Would she lie if she was deposed in a lawsuit involving the University....not so sure.

Meyer's always been trash with one goal in mind, winning football games. If his players have to murder people and his coaches beat their wives to get it done, so be it.

Reactions: RancheroNole
Meyer's always been trash with one goal in mind, winning football games. If his players have to murder people and his coaches beat their wives to get it done, so be it.

Then he'll write a book about how he does it the right way and go on the interview circuit throwing shade at FSU & jimbo because he didn't suspend Winston for he crab legs.

I still don't get why the wife didn't go to the police or the Head Coach in the beginning. Supposedly just texting to the wives is kinda lame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT