ADVERTISEMENT

Warby Paker Glasses

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
Has anyone purchased glasses from this online company? I left my nighttime toss around frames somewhere between here and Monroe and looking to replace them. The guy I work with says they are good quality.

A co-worker of mine does. He loves them. I guess you can have them send you four or five frames to try on, then you send back at your convenience. The ones he has look to be good quality.

close friend of mine swears by them. no need for glasses (at this point), so no personal experience.

I just purchased a pair from them. The process is you go online, select 5 frames and they send them to you for a trial run. You can select as many 5 frame sets as you need. Once done, mail them back and make the selection. It's really easy and the frames are of super quality.

My daughter did the trial. Hasn't bought a pair yet, but probably will.

I don't wear glasses, but if I did I would definitely use them.

I have a pair and love them. Great quality and price.

I also like that they give a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair bought.

I'm sure there are lots of great places to buy frames from, but I recommend WB. It's cool that they send you five frames to try on. Of course it's not as convenient as going to the eye doctor and buying directly, but I think it's as good as you can get buying online.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Also, check if they have a store in your area, they have a few stores. They have one in Buckhead in Atlanta, we were walking around and just happened to walk past it. You can walk in and try on anything, and they can also adjust them for you.

Originally posted by Fijimn:

I left my nighttime toss around frames somewhere between here and Monroe and looking to replace them.
monroe_rape2.jpg

something

I have 3 pair. I have gotten a new pair every year since my eyes keep changing. I love them. Their customer service is top notch. The quality of the frames and lenses are great. Free 2 day air shipping on everything. Free at home try on (return in 5 days though). Love Warby Parker.

No bought I bought a pair of these last month. My first set of "readers" @ age 45. They are the Clic Magnetic Readers.

This post was edited on 3/4 4:51 PM by maddog69

Reactions: billanole
I did their try-on twice, and then went to a store as well. I can't find a style that I like. Their glasses also have this creaky quality to them that I dislike. Probably good for cheap glasses or prescription shades though.

You do realize that even the most expensive shades cost about a couple dollars to make. Mark up is unreal.

Early Parker created a brand simply out of thin air with a clever FB marketing campaign over the last few months.

Originally posted by 2noles1cup:
You do realize that even the most expensive shades cost about a couple dollars to make. Mark up is unreal.

Early Parker created a brand simply out of thin air with a clever FB marketing campaign over the last few months.

They've been around for a few years, bro.

Originally posted by RunRonnieRun:

Regardless, you're paying for brand recognition, not style. I can find you a pair of glasses for 4.95 on eBay that give you the same hipster look bro.

You must work at the Hut.

This post was edited on 3/5 9:14 AM by 2noles1cup

Originally posted by RunRonnieRun:

Regardless, you're paying for brand recognition, not style. I can find you a pair of glasses for 4.95 on eBay that give you the same hipster look bro. You must work at the Hut.

This post was edited on 3/5 9:14 AM by 2noles1cup
The prescription glasses are extremely reasonable. For sunglasses, I usually buy cheap gas station glasses because I lose them all the time and I have a decent pair I use for fiishing.

Wife has about 5 pairs, loves them. They do have brick and mortar as well, been to one in NYC.

3 year old thread coming back to life.....hmmm maybe it's time to get new glasses.

ADVERTISEMENT