ADVERTISEMENT

Weather Nerds?

Pimpanolie

Seminole Insider
Nov 19, 2001
Just replaced my Acurite weather station that I bought at Lowes about 7 years with a new Ambient Weather WS-2000. The Acurite lasted way longer than I thought it would and it was pretty accurate. This new one is light years ahead as far as tech and connectivity goes, of course tech has changed a little since then. Anybody have something similar?

WS-2000

This is the one I have...It's my second....they don't last forever but have been good for what I want.

Same outdoor unit I had, my display was way older though only a black and grey display. Only reason I replaced it was the wind vain seized up and will not turn anymore. I had put a little grease on the two metal spindles for the vain and wind speed a few years ago, I'm guessing that's why it lasted as long as it did.

Reactions: Random_John
I keep up with hurricane season quite a bit. You guys ever put these things through one?

Just replaced my Acurite weather station that I bought at Lowes about 7 years with a new Ambient Weather WS-2000. The Acurite lasted way longer than I thought it would and it was pretty accurate. This new one is light years ahead as far as tech and connectivity goes, of course tech has changed a little since then. Anybody have something similar?

WS-2000
Congratulations that's a beautiful instrument! I'd love to have something like that.

We've burned through our share of cheap Acurite units and our house is buried under trees anyway so I've come to rely on a Weatherstem site about half a mile away. I've also been pleased with a subscription to Windy which helps a lot out on the boat.

And by the way its hot as hades out there right now!

I keep up with hurricane season quite a bit. You guys ever put these things through one?
Yes! My last Acurite went through Irma without any problems. Funny thing was seeing my wind speeds and comparing to what the weather channel was saying for my area and they were always 20-30 mph higher, need those ratings!

Just in case anyone is wondering it's 10:56 am 5/19/2022 and my pool is 90.1 degrees.

ADVERTISEMENT