ADVERTISEMENT

Weird story -- rich white kid goes into LA and joins Crips, acquitted for accessory murder

Just depended what he brought to the table -
This. I hung out with a legit gang in Dallas one night. Got introduced by a girl i was friends with. I wasn't an arse, bought some beer for all of us, and we had a good time. They were friendly and easy to talk to, I wasn't nervous at all.

This. I hung out with a legit gang in Dallas one night. Got introduced by a girl i was friends with. I wasn't an arse, bought some beer for all of us, and we had a good time. They were friendly and easy to talk to, I wasn't nervous at all.
They were probably intimidated by you, what with the spike collar on your head and all...

That is an odd story. Never really got into or knew much about the while gang thing; but from what I have read and seen on investigative reports letting some rich kid into the gang is odd. Of course maybe with his parents money etc. they saw a value he could bring.

He would’ve done a sketch on this topic not a skit.

I'll bite, what's the distinction?

sketch
skeCH/
noun
  1. a rough or unfinished drawing or painting, often made to assist in making a more finished picture.
    "a charcoal sketch"
    synonyms: (preliminary) drawing, outline; More

2. a short humorous play or performance, consisting typically of one scene in a comedy program.
    synonyms: skit, scene, piece, act, item, routine
    "a hilarious sketch"
skit
skit/
noun
  1. a short comedy sketch or piece of humorous writing, especially a parody.
    "a skit on daytime magazine programs"
    synonyms: comedy sketch, comedy act, parody, pastiche, burlesque, satire;

giphy.gif

I'll bite, what's the distinction?

sketch
skeCH/
noun
  1. a rough or unfinished drawing or painting, often made to assist in making a more finished picture.
    "a charcoal sketch"
    synonyms: (preliminary) drawing, outline; More

2. a short humorous play or performance, consisting typically of one scene in a comedy program.
    synonyms: skit, scene, piece, act, item, routine
    "a hilarious sketch"
skit
skit/
noun
  1. a short comedy sketch or piece of humorous writing, especially a parody.
    "a skit on daytime magazine programs"
    synonyms: comedy sketch, comedy act, parody, pastiche, burlesque, satire;
A sketch is a written material that is rehearsed over and over again until it is ready...then performed.

A skit is an improv scene that is unrehearsed.

If you ever watch the Chapelle Show, Dave is always mocking people who call sketches, skits. Granted, it's not the most intriguing discussion (sketches and skits) but they aren't the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT