ADVERTISEMENT

Well Rodemakers mom files a lawsuit on behalf of dad and it's gonna get ugly

If this were the other way around and coach was black and filing a lawsuit for the same reasons I have a feeling the sentiment would be different among some of our Warchant posters. First thing that would be screamed is why is the race card being pulled. We get fired all the time for reasons unknown. Just know that.

I would be curious to know the reason the indivds voted as they did. If it’s a public school don’t they have to give some reason?

They were 10-3 last year, unless he is allowing some unscrupulous things happen in the program, sounds like he is doing a pretty good job of coaching.

Reactions: Nolesrule
Why isn't the coach suing? How does the wife have standing ? Or did WCTV just screw up the story? I can't see the suit papers that supposedly were attached.

Maybe she's a lawyer?

I heard that the Coach was verbally abusive to black players. I have no idea if this is true, but it might explain why black school board members wanted him out.

Charlie Greene went 17-3 after replacing Wright Bazemore and was fired after two seasons. Not the first questionable firing in Winnersville.

If this were the other way around and coach was black and filing a lawsuit for the same reasons I have a feeling the sentiment would be different among some of our Warchant posters. First thing that would be screamed is why is the race card being pulled. We get fired all the time for reasons unknown. Just know that.
A quick question for you, when did you finally get off of the WT train?

Not from this poster, I'd feel the EXACT same way.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
I heard that the Coach was verbally abusive to black players. I have no idea if this is true, but it might explain why black school board members wanted him out.
Not true at all. The majority of the current team, and past team members, both black and white, showed up at the meetings and voiced their support for him. They even made a video titled “Bring Back Rod”. He carried a lot of those boys to doctors appointments and to church on Sunday. I didn’t always agree with some of his play calling, but this man isn’t a racist. Now the five board members on the other hand.....

I love how this article is written.

The lawsuit, which spans four pages, alleges the vote to oust Alan Rodemaker came down racial lines

"Alleges"? You don't need to go to court to determine that. Obviously the vote did split down racial lines, twice. I would assume the lawsuit claims wrongful termination.

5 to 4, on racial lines, twice. Article says, "No reason given." Welp.

Why isn't the coach suing? How does the wife have standing ? Or did WCTV just screw up the story? I can't see the suit papers that supposedly were attached.

Maybe she's a lawyer?
Yeah. This confused me. It reads like she’s the plaintiff.

Not true at all. The majority of the current team, and past team members, both black and white, showed up at the meetings and voiced their support for him. They even made a video titled “Bring Back Rod”. He carried a lot of those boys to doctors appointments and to church on Sunday. I didn’t always agree with some of his play calling, but this man isn’t a racist. Now the five board members on the other hand.....
Is this routine for a school board to fire a coach, or is this a Valdosta thing? I would think that the football coach works for the principal and it would be up to him/her to do the firing.

Yeah. This confused me. It reads like she’s the plaintiff.
That sounds like a marriage thing, to me.
Husband: "I'm NOT suing the school or the school board!"
Wife: "Well, then I'LL sue the school and school board!"
Husband: "Whatever."

Also, odd question on "standing." I know you can't be required to testify against your spouse. Is the reciprocal of that idea that you can be a plaintiff on behalf of your spouse without them being a party to the formal complaint?

That sounds like a marriage thing, to me.
Husband: "I'm NOT suing the school or the school board!"
Wife: "Well, then I'LL sue the school and school board!"
Husband: "Whatever."

Also, odd question on "standing." I know you can't be required to testify against your spouse. Is the reciprocal of that idea that you can be a plaintiff on behalf of your spouse without them being a party to the formal complaint?
Unless she’s got a pendant claim like loss of consortium, only he can file it. And if she files she can’t seek his damages, only hers if they exist.

Is this routine for a school board to fire a coach, or is this a Valdosta thing? I would think that the football coach works for the principal and it would be up to him/her to do the firing.
High school football in these small towns in the south is a whole different thing. I find it utterly insane myself.

Reactions: Random_John
Unless she’s got a pendant claim like loss of consortium, only he can file it. And if she files she can’t seek his damages, only hers if they exist.
Wouldn't her damages include 50% of his income under a standard distribution of marital assets?

It just seems weird that a new board can come in and fire any employee who is performing to a high standard. It would be different if they came in and set a new standard and then fired employees who were not able to achieve it.

Who else could they fire? A principle in good standing, any teacher they didn’t like? Businesses have to show cause, or in the case of a RIF, how they choose the employees to let go to insure everyone was treated fairly.

Reactions: Random_John
Wouldn't her damages include 50% of his income under a standard distribution of marital assets?
No. Not from a lawsuit perspective. If he won it the money would be marital but that doesn’t give her standing. Only he can bring his claim, unless he’s incompetent or something.

It just seems weird that a new board can come in and fire any employee who is performing to a high standard. It would be different if they came in and set a new standard and then fired employees who were not able to achieve it.

Who else could they fire? A principle in good standing, any teacher they didn’t like? Businesses have to show cause, or in the case of a RIF, how they choose the employees to let go to insure everyone was treated fairly.

Are you talking about standardization? That no one person is above anyone else when it comes to the definition of conduct and output? Whaaaaaat.

Reactions: FreeNole
Welcome to SoGaNoFla a land out of time. I live among many deluded UGA fans all who seem to feel that 1980 makes them feel good. But then FSU has three NC's, UF has three, Hell even Tennessee has one.

Awful lot of opinions and drawn conclusions from an article simply stating she's sueing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT