ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
reports that he and his staff were told they will be fired after LSU. Go bet LSU this morning.

Now we wait for the Sexton/Fisher leaks about going to Aggieland

He can take a leak for all I care.

No additional money- kick rocks.

I guess I get that they want to be better; but I just wonder if this is a case of unrealistic expectations. I know they have a ton of money and have been doing everything they can to upgrade facilities; but who do they get that is better. While I am sure the same could be said about FSU & JF; I think the major difference is many aren't really hoping JF leaves, we just want him to hold his staff to account and make the needed changes. If JF and his people try and use this for more money etc., that is fine; I will have an issue if the FSU administration gives into them.

reports that he and his staff were told they will be fired after LSU. Go bet LSU this morning.

Now we wait for the Sexton/Fisher leaks about going to Aggieland

I hope that FSU is the “mysterious third university” meeting with Chip Kelly. That just came out this morning.

Reactions: Kauneonga
I hope that FSU is the “mysterious third university” meeting with Chip Kelly. That just came out this morning.

UCLA, UF and Texas A&M.
I get 'hoping', but FSU isn't conducting an active head coach search. Hell, we're all wondering what kind of assistant coach search is underway.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
I guess I get that they want to be better; but I just wonder if this is a case of unrealistic expectations. I know they have a ton of money and have been doing everything they can to upgrade facilities; but who do they get that is better. While I am sure the same could be said about FSU & JF; I think the major difference is many aren't really hoping JF leaves, we just want him to hold his staff to account and make the needed changes. If JF and his people try and use this for more money etc., that is fine; I will have an issue if the FSU administration gives into them.

Rumor is that the Aggies are going to offer Fisher crazy money.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
If Jimbo did leave, bring on the Lane Train!!

th

That would be crazy. Who would ever guarantee an entire $40 million contract? What would happen if everything goes in the tank early in the contract?
Exactly...Can't imagine any administration being that stupid.

You think for half a second, Chuck Kelly was excited to see reports that schools were planning on meeting with C. Kelly
We need to have our own meeting with him...yesterday!

Exactly...Can't imagine any administration being that stupid.

It would be an Aggie thing to do. If I was FSU and Jimbo left, my first call would be to Norman OK to see if Stoops got healthy after a year off and wanted to come back to Florida

That would be crazy. Who would ever guarantee an entire $40 million contract? What would happen if everything goes in the tank early in the contract?
We gave him something very similar just last year. It was like $37MM guaranteed I think. I'm still aghast at how we gave him that massive buyout but didn't really get a single thing back in terms of loyalty.

Rumor is that the Aggies are going to offer Fisher crazy money.

Sounds good. If the dude wants to leave then bye bye. If he did leave it says a lot about him and not much of it is good IMO. Yes this is a business; however FSU has given him everything he wants and showed some pretty strong loyalty as well. While I hate coaching changes because they can lead to chaos; there is no doubt in my mind that a ton of good coaches would look at our roster, facilities, conference, etc. and be like the FSU job is the best job to walk into period.

Last edited:
It'd be great for FSU to get out from underneath this mistake of a contract but Fisher and Sexton aren't going to walk away.

Sounds good. If the dude wants to leave then bye bye. If he did leave it says a lot about him and not much of it is good IMO. Yes this is a business; however FSU has given him everything he wants and showed some pretty strong loyalty as well. While I hate coaching changes because they can lead to chaos; there is no doubt in my mind that a ton of good coaches would look at our roster, facilities, conference, etc. and be like the FSU job is the best job to walk into period.
The rumor is $40mil guaranteed over five years. Accepting a raise of $2.5mil a year says he's smart. I'm sure you would decline that over some sense of loyalty, right? o_O

Reactions: FSUTribe76
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.se...xas-gonna-try-pay-jimbo-close-saban-money/amp

“And one ESPN insider, Chris Low, think A&M is going to come hard for Fisher’s services.

“I think A&M is going to make Jimbo a lucrative offer. I think they’re gonna try and pay him close to what Saban money is,” Low said on the Swain Event on Wednesday morning.

Getting a coach of Fisher’s caliber would be a great get for Texas A&M, though it would prove to be very, very expensive. Fisher has won a national title at Florida State, but his team has struggled this year, as it has a 4-6 record headed into the Florida game. Fisher was linked heavily to the LSU job a year ago, before turning it down.

Nick Saban is the highest paid coach in the country, making over $11 million a year.”

If aTm offer Jimbo $10-11 million a year say bye-bye. I don’t think after a terrible season our big boosters would jump him up to $10 mil.

Hopefully we are the “mysterious third school” talking to Chip.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
The rumor is $40mil guaranteed over five years. Accepting a raise of $2.5mil a year says he's smart. I'm sure you would decline that over some sense of loyalty, right? o_O

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. Loyalty only matters if you’re comparing roughly similar deals. If you’re deciding between $5.5 mil and $7 mil then MAYBE loyalty to the school that gave you the first shot and to the players you recruited still matters. But if it’s school A that you love and have a history with says “here’s $5.5 mil” and school b says here’s 10.5 mil...you’d be foolish NOT to take it.

If I recall correctly, Jimbo has a buyout if he leaves of $3 mil for his own contract PLUS buyout all his Asst Coach contracts at @ $10 mil (this could be off a little). Once you factor in the buyout, that eats up the entire raise at $2.5m per for 5 years. Absent a $10m per year offer or his kids moving to College Station and leaving him behind, Jimbo is staying.

I think the buyout of the assistantswas around $10M, and is around $7M at this point. That's still a pretty good chunk of change though. There are offsets based on earnings at other jobs. I doubt Jimbo would take any assistants with him other than Brewster.

Not sure of his family situation.
But will it come with the automatic contract extensions, the huge severance, etc?

Look, I hope they offer it and he takes it and lives happily ever after.

Look, I know this season has been awful and Charles Kelly should not even have survived his first season, but I am surprised at how many of you want Jimbo gone. He has been incredibly successful. Add to that Richt very quickly has Miami back and UF may find themselves a real coach, and I am of the opinion it is foolish to want Jimbo gone.

Reactions: BassinNole
Look, I know this season has been awful and Charles Kelly should not even have survived his first season, but I am surprised at how many of you want Jimbo gone. He has been incredibly successful. Add to that Richt very quickly has Miami back and UF may find themselves a real coach, and I am of the opinion it is foolish to want Jimbo gone.
Agreed. There aren't that many quality coaches out there and I don't want to end up on the coaching carousel like UF. Jimbo just needs to do the hard thing and shake up his assistants and get himself a full-time OC.

ADVERTISEMENT