ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thread will turn one on Thanksgiving!
Really interesting to go back and read some of the posts from last year, knowing what we know now.

Speaking of that dirtbag Jimbo, he's usually good for at least one inexplicable loss each year. Will that come this week against UAB, or had it already happened (Auburn?).

If you had/have concerns about the future of the team, look up the most recent Q&A with OL recruit Dontae Lucas our today (I’d link it but it’s on a competing recruiting site). Once you read that, you will sleep far easier at night knowing we are back on track. It might take two years before we see the results we WANT to see but we are definitely bringing the right guys in.

It’s amazing considering our level of talent over the years that it’s only been a handful of times with us going over 500. Especially considering a mediocre Washington State QB once passed for 734 yards against Cal.
You must also consider the quality of running backs that have played for FSU over the years. Bobby's Fast Break offense may have been the precursor to today's HUNH schemes but he still focused on the run a lot. Charlie Ward was under center more than he was in the shotgun.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
You must also consider the quality of running backs that have played for FSU over the years. Bobby's Fast Break offense may have been the precursor to today's HUNH schemes but he still focused on the run a lot. Charlie Ward was under center more than he was in the shotgun.

Yeah you’re right. That’s probably the main reason.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
This really is incredible when you look at it from a statistical standpoint. They are so pitiful at an almost all time worst college offensive line in last 20 years type level.

I also wonder if this has hurt our defense a bit. Going up against these guys day in and day out last 2-3 years won’t prepare you for going up against legit lines. And it shows at start of games.

This really is incredible when you look at it from a statistical standpoint. They are so pitiful at an almost all time worst college offensive line in last 20 years type level.

I also wonder if this has hurt our defense a bit. Going up against these guys day in and day out last 2-3 years won’t prepare you for going up against legit lines. And it shows at start of games.

It is amazing how pitiful the OLine got to, but almost a decade of Trickett destroyed us back to literal ground zero.

I didn’t do this first as someone else posted this first in reply to the sheer magnitude of our OLine %*%*ness.

tenor.gif

If FSU is able to pull the upset, I would assume that the QB and RB injuries play a big part. If so, we should send a gift basket to Clemson for softening BC up with physical play. Once upon a time, that was FSU's role. Now, we aint skrong, we soft.

And sidenote, on the Boston College page, they link Anthony Brown multiple times, once to Purdue's Anthony Brown stat page, once to Memphis's LB page and once to an Oregon State WR. Come on BC, you are better than that. Do they even have an Anthony Brown on their team?
https://www.bcinterruption.com/2018...college-vs-fsu-final-thoughts-and-predictions

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe

If we just keep Howell and the other “committed” recruits we’ll end up with a top 15-20 class, but having Howell likely means our QB problems are over as long as he stays healthy (I am concerned that Frenchy leaves this year and the Slim Reaper leaves next year if he loses the competition leaving us with one scholarship QB. I keep hoping we go after a mediocre Juco or transfer just for depth purposes). But we have gotten some interest from both five stars and high level Juco lineman all of whom are “committed” elsewhere, so hopefully we aren’t done. If we add Pickens, Neal and a couple of the jucos then suddenly we’re talking about pushing into the top 5.

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT