ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

Right, except Francois and Blackman will each have 3 years (including this year) remaining. And Howell is already getting a lot of praise as "the right one for this type of offense". Hockman may never see the field if Francois stays out of the doghouse and is healthy in any fashion.
I wouldn't be surprised if Francois left after this year. If not for the NFL then a transfer.

Hockman has the best anticipation and awareness of any of them from the little we've seen. I like the overall character of each guy and obviously support whomever plays. My hunch is we'll have at least 2 starters this year.

Apparently the Gators had some high level recruit trolling them pretending he was interested only to drop them in hilarious fashion. But my twitter feed is so filled with...umm...other things (as I only follow three groups on twitter FSU and recruiting gurus, a handful of comedians and a bunch of current and former intelligence people) that I couldn’t uncover who the recruit was. It’s just buried by furious back and forth tweets between one of the other two groups. So if anybody else has a cleanish twitter feed and can figure out who the recruit is...fill us in.

Just way too many photos of this

il_340x270.1433950801_6p53.jpg

Apparently the Gators had some high level recruit trolling them pretending he was interested only to drop them in hilarious fashion. But my twitter feed is so filled with...umm...other things (as I only follow three groups on twitter FSU and recruiting gurus, a handful of comedians and a bunch of current and former intelligence people) that I couldn’t uncover who the recruit was. It’s just buried by furious back and forth tweets between one of the other two groups. So if anybody else has a cleanish twitter feed and can figure out who the recruit is...fill us in.

Was that the one asking if Mullen would let him coach a game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
The only place he has stayed more than 2 years is Alabama and only 2 years of that was as a coach. My guess is that he is gone from Tennessee in 2 years ... and this time not for a step up.
Dip gonna dip. Stay away from the ice scream...

Tennessee being so bad for so long is a real head scratcher. Even odder is how no one until UGA this year has stepped up from the east while that side of the conference has been down.

Tennessee being so bad for so long is a real head scratcher. Even odder is how no one until UGA this year has stepped up from the east while that side of the conference has been down.
Not making excuses for Tennessee...You are correct that they should be doing better given their level of support and the relative weakness of the SEC Least. That said, UT does not enjoy the benefits of a particularly fertile in-state recruiting base. Therefore, they have to get top talent from surrounding states where flagship universities dominate their respective recruiting landscapes. In order for the Vols to compete with the big boys, it takes extraordinary effort and use of resources by their coaching staff & administration to butt heads successfully with the Alabama/Auburns, Georgias, Florida/Florida States, LSU's, Ohio States, et al on their respective home turfs in order to lure blue chip prospects to Knoxville.

I found this interesting information on a competing webpage.

Florida’s Decommmitment List is ranked higher than its current commitment list.

“Florida’s current commits (11): 5-stars: 0 | 4-stars: 4 | 3-stars: 7 | Total stars: 37 | Average stars: 3.4

Florida’s decommitments (9): 5-stars: 1 | 4-stars: 5 | 3-stars: 3 | Total stars: 34 | Average stars: 3.8

Florida’s decommitment list would be rated higher as a class than its commitments, despite having two fewer. That’s because the quality of the players Florida has lost is higher than the commitments it has added.

To be exact, UF’s decommitment class would be rated No. 25 nationally.”

I found this interesting information on a competing webpage.

Florida’s Decommmitment List is ranked higher than its current commitment list.

“Florida’s current commits (11): 5-stars: 0 | 4-stars: 4 | 3-stars: 7 | Total stars: 37 | Average stars: 3.4

Florida’s decommitments (9): 5-stars: 1 | 4-stars: 5 | 3-stars: 3 | Total stars: 34 | Average stars: 3.8

Florida’s decommitment list would be rated higher as a class than its commitments, despite having two fewer. That’s because the quality of the players Florida has lost is higher than the commitments it has added.

To be exact, UF’s decommitment class would be rated No. 25 nationally.”
Now that's a good read!

Here's a positive article on Francois (mostly in Taggart's words)

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...s-progress-after-productive-summer/801681002/

2 major things I took from this:

-He was forced to move back on campus. Dude needs a babysitter, but overall this is probably best for him and his life (and secondary to that is his football playing abilities within himself and the team).

-Looks like he's fully cleared to compete in fall practices

Here's a positive article on Francois (mostly in Taggart's words)

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...s-progress-after-productive-summer/801681002/

2 major things I took from this:

-He was forced to move back on campus. Dude needs a babysitter, but overall this is probably best for him and his life (and secondary to that is his football playing abilities within himself and the team).

-Looks like he's fully cleared to compete in fall practices
I didn't read anything that suggested he was forced to move on campus as opposed to doing it on his own. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

I didn't read anything that suggested he was forced to move on campus as opposed to doing it on his own. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

I guess I read it that way, but you could be right. Twitter comments elsewhere suggest (based on other things said at ACC Media Days) that my perception may be correct, but fine, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Point remains: it's best for him to get his life in order, and I'm glad and am hopeful it will help.

Francois is an internally motivated largely introvert trying to live in a world that required him to be an extrovert (QB as "vocal" leader). When his injury occurred he was basically lost at sea - he doesn't need the social aspects of the team and can't participate in the physical ones, so of course he's going to seem distant and aloof. All the talk of positive attitude and such is basically useful for extroverts and really doesn't apply very well in his case.

Not making excuses for him but I think he is more than capable of bouncing back.

BIll, I grew up in Tampa back in the day when FSU was an afterthought and the Gators were all that and a bag of chips. I always disliked them, but the clencher was going to the UF/Duke game at Tampa Stadium (the famous "4th and dumb" play) and listening to Gates after the game made me want to puke. What miserable excuses for human beings they are. If I were President I'd sign an executive order making Hogtown a nuclear testing site, and we'd only test on Homecoming weekend so we get all the old fart alumni. Hell, I'd root for ISIS or North Korea against those rejects.

Thanks. That was good therapy.

Reactions: billanole
So apparently we listened to the traitor afterall and we’re building a sparkling new football only facility.

http://gridironnow.com/fsu-latest-t...nd-in-construction-of-football-only-facility/
From the plans I’ve seen, the players’ lounge/locker room concept comes fully equipped with space for a theatre room and I’m guessing they will have to have a barber shop. The training room and weight rooms are huge. I personally hope they get some cryotherapy chambers, sleep pods or other cool alternative treatment measures that a lot of pro athletes are turning to.

At what point does this become a player benefit and not a training need?

From the plans I’ve seen, the players’ lounge/locker room concept comes fully equipped with space for a theatre room and I’m guessing they will have to have a barber shop. The training room and weight rooms are huge. I personally hope they get some cryotherapy chambers, sleep pods or other cool alternative treatment measures that a lot of pro athletes are turning to.

At what point does this become a player benefit and not a training need?
They probably already have them but Hyperbaric Chambers are incredible. My body was trashed after my last tour overseas and guy I know hooked me up with about 20 sessions. I felt 10 years younger.

The leader of the top 1% of the top 1%.

Character and morals? Self-preservation is Urban Meyer's true guiding force

Urban Meyer preaches a good game about accountability, responsibility and respect for women.

His tolerance of Zach Smith, however, reveals his true character.

The Ohio State football coach told several different stories but had no believable explanation Tuesday for why he’d suddenly fired his longtime receivers coach the night before, hours after Smith’s history of domestic violence allegations surfaced.

What Meyer did know, however, was that he believed the people who told him there was nothing to allegations against Smith in 2015. And that incident back in 2009? Well, it wasn’t what it seemed.

“Domestic issues are a lot of he-said, she-said,” Meyer said.

That’s the same, tired argument people have been using for years to dismiss or excuse domestic violence, endangering women in the process. That Meyer would trot it out as a defense shows that, for all his talk about character and morals, self-preservation is his true guiding force.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...-meyers-true-guiding-force/ar-AAAmEMl?ocid=se

The leader of the top 1% of the top 1%.

Character and morals? Self-preservation is Urban Meyer's true guiding force

Urban Meyer preaches a good game about accountability, responsibility and respect for women.

His tolerance of Zach Smith, however, reveals his true character.

The Ohio State football coach told several different stories but had no believable explanation Tuesday for why he’d suddenly fired his longtime receivers coach the night before, hours after Smith’s history of domestic violence allegations surfaced.

What Meyer did know, however, was that he believed the people who told him there was nothing to allegations against Smith in 2015. And that incident back in 2009? Well, it wasn’t what it seemed.

“Domestic issues are a lot of he-said, she-said,” Meyer said.

That’s the same, tired argument people have been using for years to dismiss or excuse domestic violence, endangering women in the process. That Meyer would trot it out as a defense shows that, for all his talk about character and morals, self-preservation is his true guiding force.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...-meyers-true-guiding-force/ar-AAAmEMl?ocid=se
Wait, you are talking about the Meyer... character and concern for others oozes out of every pore, no??
He only wants to help his student athletes to become upstanding citizens, Amirite?

#100pagesnatty2

I just drove across part of Kansas (and Iowa) (and Nebraska). I didn't see any of the posts but was in the wrong area. Too bad, it would have been a nice break.

I saw them on a trip thru Kansas that took me into a sliver of Wyoming from where I then headed to Denver and points west. IIRC it was in the NW corner of Kansas... kinda cool and unexpected. Post count.

Forgive me because I don't use Twitter and don't know how it works, but isn't there a way to tag these reporters like Mark Schlabach when tweeting stuff like this? I mean seriously, tweeting it to people that follow you is one thing. Tweeting it so a bunch of reporters can see it, and potentially look into it, is another thing.

Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT