ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

Is that DB decommittment a big deal?

Not sure how many players we have at the position or committed (too lazy to look) but I would think that isn't where FSU is weakest, nor if he is a 3*.

However, if it becomes a general trend, the overall impact could be a big deal.

Reactions: NoleinATL
From what I can tell looking at the roster, we have the following (not including the 2 walk-on DBs)
- 3 Freshmen
- 3 Sophomores
- 3 Juniors
- 1 Senior

Also, there are 5 other DBs on the commitment list. So, I think it is safe to say this one isn't a big deal...as long as it doesn't start a trend.

It does make me wonder if he was given the, you might want to go look elsewhere speech by a coach. It is apparent we need more guys on the OL & I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or 6 come in this year, with at least 2 being from JUCO.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
I don't want to violate any board rules, but it looks to me as though some have already been stretched in this particular thread. It has come to my attention that a certain QB from a conference rival may be looking to transfer, and this particular individual seems to me at least to be an ideal fit to run WT's offense.

Thoughts?

I don't want to violate any board rules, but it looks to me as though some have already been stretched in this particular thread. It has come to my attention that a certain QB from a conference rival may be looking to transfer, and this particular individual seems to me at least to be an ideal fit to run WT's offense.

Thoughts?
I don’t think he’s a good fit as his arm talent is no better than Francois. Yes a better runner and yes a tough customer but he’d be a year behind and we likely have incoming guys that are a better solution long-term.

Now if a tackle wants to transfer....

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
I don’t think he’s a good fit as his arm talent is no better than Francois. Yes a better runner and yes a tough customer but he’d be a year behind and we likely have incoming guys that are a bette solution long-term.

Now if a tackle wants to transfer....

Yeah, I’m not sure it would be wise to pick up either Jalen Hurts or Kelly Bryant. Those are short term fixes for schools that are just missing something at QB. I’m happy enough with the trio of Frenchy, the Slim Reaper and Sam Howell that I wouldn’t want to possibly force a transfer of Frenchy or the Slim Reaper.

Now getting in a younger transfer who knows he would just be a backup would be nice, I’d prefer having 4 or 5 scholarship QBs to 2 or 3.

Reactions: NoleMoreTears

Thoughts?

I'd rather Hurts

Yeah, I’m not sure it would be wise to pick up either Jalen Hurts or Kelly Bryant. Those are short term fixes for schools that are just missing something at QB. I’m happy enough with the trio of Frenchy, the Slim Reaper and Sam Howell that I wouldn’t want to possibly force a transfer of Frenchy or the Slim Reaper.

Now getting in a younger transfer who knows he would just be a backup would be nice, I’d prefer having 4 or 5 scholarship QBs to 2 or 3.

I think Hurts would be the perfect bandaid until Howell can figure out the college game. I don't think Francois is good enough for this type of offense, and apparently neither is Blackman.

Reactions: noleclone2
Meanwhile, in actually bad news, allegedly five star lb recruit Nakobe Dean gave us the ole stiff arm today. Not that I was counting on him, but I WAS hoping we could steal him from Bama, aTm, Jawja and Ole Miss.

Bump for good luck
Thanks. We need all the luck we can get!

giphy.gif

Francois finished with 294 yards passing, four touchdowns and no interceptions.

If hadn't injured his knee against Alabama I don't think he'd be so gun shy to run and this offense would look a lot different. I remember his first G&G game, and he was constantly taking off. Now he just doesn't seem to want to. Ever. Hopefully he gets that confidence back.

Francois finished with 294 yards passing, four touchdowns and no interceptions.

If hadn't injured his knee against Alabama I don't think he'd be so gun shy to run and this offense would look a lot different. I remember his first G&G game, and he was constantly taking off. Now he just doesn't seem to want to. Ever. Hopefully he gets that confidence back.

If DF has time in pocket, he seems plenty capable control of a game. Sure hope FSU can resolve the OL creating pocket issue (saw flashes today). If I were him, I wouldn't want to take off and get hit down field, he takes plenty of shots staying in the pocket.

Ideally this offense needs a running QB but I think we haven't adjusted well to what we do have.

Harrison and matthews need more touches.

Reactions: cmanole
FSU picked the wrong year to suck out loud. Six of our opponents are currently ranked in the AP Top 25. One in the top 5. Two in the top 10.

Francois needs some work, but he isn't the main problem. I think they resolve the real issues and they can coach him up even more.
He's the top rated passer in the conference. You need work...

#100pagesnatty2

By what measure is he the top rated passer?

Why don't you do some research before you start knocking the kids on our team...

Dude has played less than 1.5 seasons of college football, has been pummeled more than any player I've ever seen, is playing behind by all accounts about the worst line out there, is barely over a year removed from a major knee injury and still throws enough strikes to lead the league in passing.

So please, enlighten us, exactly what part of his game does he need to work on?

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleMoreTears
Why don't you do some research before you start knocking the kids on our team...

Dude has played less than 1.5 seasons of college football, has been pummeled more than any player I've ever seen, is playing behind by all accounts about the worst line out there, is barely over a year removed from a major knee injury and still throws enough strikes to lead the league in passing.

Haha, I see how this is going. So, you can either
1) go and look read the summary of my posts on the topic and discover your single post grab sample is something you are using out of context. Then you will have a more full picture instead of assuming you know something. OR
2) Answer my original question with details. By what measure do you seem to think he is rated the top passer in the conference?

Do that, I will reply. Till then, not going to let you get this thread locked as well with your silliness.

Tip. You may need to get creative on the metric you are going to use to establish "top rated passer in the conference" because I have already looked.

Last edited:
Tip. You may need to get creative on the metric you are going to use to establish "top rated passer in the conference" because I have already looked.

Most yards.

Coincidentally the metric ESPN chose to sort the QBs on that page, but I'm with you on it not being the most important thing.
But I'm pretty happy with him as QB.
He hit 5th all time passing yards in a season at FSU as a freshman.
I thought Winston might gets Weinke's passing record, but he only played two years.
I figured Deondre was good, but probably not good enough to leave early and that as consequence he'd own a lot of passing records at FSU before going pro.
Sucks that injury stole a year from him.

I agree DF has sacrificed immeasurable amounts to be playing here. But he does need to work on some things.

First is touch passes and better leading of receivers on swing routes. He leads very well on throws over the middle, but not to the flats.

Second is pocket awareness. Our line is bad but we've taken sacks that are on Francois for not feeling pressure or stepping up.

Third is trajectory on deep passes. He tends to overthrow deep passes.

Fourth is the operation of the zone/read and ball-handling in general. His movements are mechanical and deceive nobody.

All that said, I can't think of many QB's who don't have things to work on and he has been largely a strong asset for this team.

Reactions: Bartdog and cmanole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT