ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

Whelp....I assume Tate and Izzo are kicking themselves for leaving too soon. Under Taggart’s O they could have been huge and been Day 1 or 2 not last round players.

Reactions: southgateNOLE
Whelp....I assume Tate and Izzo are kicking themselves for leaving too soon. Under Taggart’s O they could have been huge and been Day 1 or 2 not last round players.
Tate, maybe. Izzo left because he believed the style of the new offense isn't suitable to his skill set. Tre McKitty is a more athletic, off the LOS type of tight end. Izzo is more of a pro-style, inside blocker. He wouldn't have benefitted if he didn't see the field much.

Tate, maybe. Izzo left because he believed the style of the new offense isn't suitable to his skill set. Tre McKitty is a more athletic, off the LOS type of tight end. Izzo is more of a pro-style, inside blocker. He wouldn't have benefitted if he didn't see the field much.

This isn’t a knock on Izzo, but I am anxious to see the guys behind him, and who never got to play under Fisher. As noted, some of those guys are way-way more than a 6th OL-man.

When did Jimbo leave vs when did Willie take the job vs when did they have to declare? Just in general, besides an injury, I don't know that Tate's stock could have fallen much lower than it did. He likely would have only had room to go up, agreed.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
When did Jimbo leave vs when did Willie take the job vs when did they have to declare? Just in general, besides an injury, I don't know that Tate's stock could have fallen much lower than it did. He likely would have only had room to go up, agreed.
They have until approx. Jan 10th to declare. If I were NFL GM I wouldn't have drafted Sweat, McFadden, or Thomas either. With Izzo it's definitely the system as DFS said. Tate probably about injury or just not interested in college anymore - perhaps he didn't get a great vibe from Taggart I don't know. I work a lot with college athletes and they get some poor advice, the worst part being they're college kids and often don't have the wisdom to know when people are blowing smoke at them.

McFadden is one that surprises me the most: you get an upgrade at DC, it's a deep CB class, and you've got the measurables where if your tape is just even decent you'll be in the top 4 rounds. Plus no real injuries = he should have come back.

Reactions: seminole97
Mark Schlabach apparently is not a Willie fan (and is a Jimbo fan?). Somehow FSU went from 21-ish to out of his Top 25 since January...

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...pplant-clemson-tigers-post-spring-2018-top-25
eh, Willie hasn't had any major splashes yet as a coach, so he's still unproven I guess. People are still buying the hype that Jimbo is brilliant. We'll get to see if they're right. If he can make A&M a contender then maybe he is, if they stay about where I think they'll stay, then maybe not.

Probably thinking about whether we're solid as we need to be at QB.
Agree plus we don't really have the personnel to run the offense in its full state. That's why I think our biggest gain will be at pass defense while the offense will continue to be inconsistent.

Now if we had a decent pass defense last year we're a 9 or 10 win team no question.

eh, Willie hasn't had any major splashes yet as a coach, so he's still unproven I guess. People are still buying the hype that Jimbo is brilliant. We'll get to see if they're right. If he can make A&M a contender then maybe he is, if they stay about where I think they'll stay, then maybe not.

FWIW, his initial "early" one had FSU ranked, roughly 3 weeks after Willie was hired.

Oh, and now Oregon is ranked when they weren't in his first set of rankings.....

What exactly changed in that time period, because Willie hitting the recruiting trail, spring ball, and Willie's media tour? The combination of the top 2 things I listed (plus A&M suddenly entering the rankings randomly) tells me he's anti-Willie.

Reactions: noleclone2
FWIW, his initial "early" one had FSU ranked, roughly 3 weeks after Willie was hired.

Oh, and now Oregon is ranked when they weren't in his first set of rankings.....

What exactly changed in that time period, because Willie hitting the recruiting trail, spring ball, and Willie's media tour? The combination of the top 2 things I listed (plus A&M suddenly entering the rankings randomly) tells me he's anti-Willie.
He's not anti-Willie, he's anti anything that won't generate some interest. By releasing rankings that mysteriously change for no apparent reason, thereby triggering fans' responses, he helps his own cause. It's really that simple.

Reactions: BelemNole
Plus pre-season rankings are absolutely useless. It's all conjecture based on nothing in reality. You can maybe have a decent idea that the top 5 teams you pick have a pretty good chance of being really good, but once you get past maybe 10, it's all just a dartboard.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Plus pre-season rankings are absolutely useless. It's all conjecture based on nothing in reality. You can maybe have a decent idea that the top 5 teams you pick have a pretty good chance of being really good, but once you get past maybe 10, it's all just a dartboard.
One thing that is much better with the CFP is the initial rankings coming out late. If they had their way there would only be 1 ranking but we all know fans and media want something sooner than December.

#100pagesnatty

That is all.
raw

Reactions: DFSNOLE
the "controversy" here is that it was a double elimination tournament, until the finals. FSU didn't lose until the finals. UCLA [apparently] got a mulligan.

Reactions: noleclone2
the "controversy" here is that it was a double elimination tournament, until the finals. FSU didn't lose until the finals. UCLA [apparently] got a mulligan.

Yeah, I really don't like that. Certainly punishes a late loss more than and early and if UCLA and FSU go .500 vs each other, UCLA wins the title (as happened).

ADVERTISEMENT