ADVERTISEMENT

West World..........spoilers.

Random_John

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2007
Has anyone seen it? Thoughts?

1. How did the tiger get there?
2. How much time jumping is there really?
3. Are there multiple of some characters?
4. Are they really all hosts?

Reactions: cmanole
  • The tiger is from an adjoining park, there are 6 other parks (Samurai World, etc.)
  • At most 30 years
  • I think there are identical hosts of administrators
  • No, but there are far more hosts than they are letting on

Reactions: nynole1 and cmanole
  • The tiger is from an adjoining park, there are 6 other parks (Samurai World, etc.)
  • At most 30 years
  • I think there are identical hosts of administrators
  • No, but there are far more hosts than they are letting on

Got the same impression here. They talked about stockpiling all host DNA at one point last season, then didn't really do much with it. Repeated it again this season. I was always curious why they would have or even need to have any real humans other than guests. All the park engineers and such could easily be clones/hosts as well. I thought that was going to be a twist from last season, but it didn't seem to go that way entirely (other than Bernard).

I don't believe that Ford is really dead. I am still operating under the assumption the host being built in his lab was the clone of him that was shot.

Kid Ford told MIB that everything there is code. I can't help but believe almost everyone there is a clone.

I felt like watching last seasons finale, and the opener for 2 I had a good understanding of what was going on, but can't really verbalize it.

Seems like Ford finally gave MIB a game he wanted, where there's real stakes.

The parent company and time hopping stuff really messes with me though. Just when I think I know what's going on, I don't.

The music is amazing.

How is Ford still so involved from (allegedly) beyond the grave though? Maybe I should just be patient, but that question keeps arising for me.

Thought it was a great episode. Explained some of the plot mysteries.

Have a questions, was that real life Arnold back in time or Bernard?

Any idea what Delores is referring to, a weapon?

Episode two was a helluva lot better than 1. I was worried there for a second.

Doris never impressed me looks wise until this episode and being able to see her in normal cloths. She instantly looked much better. Her chin looked different or something.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
So are Mauve and Deloris going to ultimately be the ones who go to war?

watched the first 3 or so episodes of Season 1 and then dropped off. It just didn't hold my interest. Do I need to go back watch S1 and get up to speed? Is it that good?

I am glad they are staying in West World( the Wild West). I was worried they would move into another world for season 2 when they were showing all the different worlds people can choose from.

I believe we will get some cross over from the other worlds as we move through the season. Samurai world is on deck.
I would be fine with that. I just want the main world to be West World.

Last edited:
So now we know how the tiger got there.

Was anyone else scared we were going to spend the bulk of that episode in Hunting World? I was very glad when we didn’t.

Did they introduce that hot chick in the beginning only to imply she was killed at the end though?

Why is Delores telling people she’s Wyatt?

What is going on w/Bernard?

How is that Delos chick such a badass? She’s a corporate executive, yet she hops on a dune buggy and takes part in a full frontal assault on the Confederados? And on that note, why the heck are they approaching the Confederados in the open, just walking up firing, w/no armor, and seemingly no tactics? Apparently those guys have Secret Service-level commitment to their cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DanC78
So now we know how the tiger got there.

Was anyone else scared we were going to spend the bulk of that episode in Hunting World? I was very glad when we didn’t.

Did they introduce that hot chick in the beginning only to imply she was killed at the end though?

WTF is going on w/Bernard?

How is that Delos chick such a badass? She’s a corporate executive, yet she hops on a dune buggy and takes part in a full frontal assault on the Confederados? And on that note, why the heck are they approaching the Confederados in the open, just walking up firing, w/no armor, and seemingly no tactics? Apparently those guys have Secret Service-level commitment to their cause.
Looks like no one other than you and I saw this episode.

I will try and fill in some your questions.

Was anyone else scared we were going to spend the bulk of that episode in Hunting World?
No, it will always be West World. I am happy to see some other parks. Samurai World looks fun. Not!

I am almost 100% sure she lives and plays an important role in the season.

Only a guess, but everyone is scared to death of Wyatt. So in order to get respect she becomes Wyatt.

WTF is going on w/Bernard?
He is a Host, and it seems like a major malfunction has overtaken him and no one can fix him other than a guy who is now dead. (Ford)

Totally unbelievable that she is not some bad ass, but I will allow it as it is a plot point to get Abernathy out with all that park data. I turned to my wife (no pics) several times and said. How on earth are they just entering a gun fight without any armor or even helmets. Also, why and how the hell did they let Corporate Delos and Bernard go off by themselves to retrieve Abernathy.

Loving the season so far. Wonder what Deloris is going to do with her loverboy now that he has disobeyed her.

What Eric said.

On Bernard, I think he gets the shakes when he has to process information that he is not designed to process. He saw something programmed in Delores dad that was not beneficial to his exsistance. Seeing that and trying to act on it sent him into convulsions. Did they ever show if he acted on the information that he saw on his device?

And to add too the shoot out...I mean really? Bullet proof vest and no helmets? That whole scene was just dumb.

Why doesn’t the hottie who is not Delores grab the iPad and have all of the robots sensors turned to the same level as hers...wouldn’t that make life easier on her???

Reactions: ericram and dmm5157
I'm wondering if Delos has Bernard in a loop now. He used the encryption key for Abernathy and I believe he loaded the info into himself and thus the convulsions. Delos is keeping him in a loop until they can figure out how to get him to divulge the encrypted information.

Alright, all caught up now.

Sucks that hot chick is about to get Lakota'd, definitely some promise with that one. We've now seen West World, Safari World and Samurai World. Wondering if Delos isn't directing the other worlds to assist in attempting to take down West World given the numbers.

I think Dolores takes out Teddy after his going rogue. What was the tech (not Felix) carrying on to the lift?

This week's episode looks like it's going to center around MIB (William), which might lose my attention quickly. Dude is good in short bits, but anything over 10 minutes of him and I'm done.

Alright, all caught up now.

Sucks that hot chick is about to get Lakota'd, definitely some promise with that one. We've now seen West World, Safari World and Samurai World. Wondering if Delos isn't directing the other worlds to assist in attempting to take down West World given the numbers.

I think Dolores takes out Teddy after his going rogue. What was the tech (not Felix) carrying on to the lift?

This week's episode looks like it's going to center around MIB (William), which might lose my attention quickly. Dude is good in short bits, but anything over 10 minutes of him and I'm done.

I read a theory that the Lokota are there to help humans and get them to safety thus one of the reasons Delores took one out earlier. Also, why they said that Mauve and her guy could go but the human needed to stay.

I read a theory that the Lokota are there to help humans and get them to safety thus one of the reasons Delores took one out earlier. Also, why they said that Mauve and her guy could go but the human needed to stay.

If this is the case, then I'm all for it since that'd theoretically lead to more of new hot chick. Would also make sense a little from first season when MIB made it thru the Lakota onslaught while Mave and daughter didn't.

Another great episode. Really enjoying the back story finally being filled in. Who was shocked that Tiger Hunter was Williams’s daughter?

Reactions: LesClaypool
I'm more concerned if the Maze is William finding out he's in a simulation and that he's actually a host.

The Delos riding the bike backwards scene was very creepy.

Who's red ball was it that Bernard grabbed?

Another great episode. Really enjoying the back story finally being filled in. Who was shocked that Tiger Hunter was Williams’s daughter?
Wasn't shocked by that, but confused as I thought she died years ago.

So they tried to clone William's FIL, but failed miserably, which also surprises me as now we know they cannot do it. I would have sworn they could have with what we had seen from Bernard in the past.

Very good episode in deed. Was worried when it was going to be Man in Black (William) centrist as not to ruin the mystic of him.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Great episode. I was pretty sure she was going to be his daughter once she told the security guy she wasn't trying to leave. Sounded just like something William would say.

Phenomenal episode.

Just finished watching it now and I’m damn near speechless at how good it was.

Not at all excited about what appears to be the next episode taking place in Samurai World though.

Last edited:
Reactions: nynole1
Weird because I really enjoy the old MIB and detest the young one. I am more interested in that story line at this point than I am in what's happening with Dolores and mauve. Dolores looking good though!

I hope to see Hopkins again, he really put this show over the top last season.

Reactions: dmm5157
Weird because I really enjoy the old MIB and detest the young one. I am more interested in that story line at this point than I am in what's happening with Dolores and mauve. Dolores looking good though!

I hope to see Hopkins again, he really put this show over the top last season.
MIB (Ed Harris version) is a great character. Young William, not so much.

I was actually interested in learning a little more about James Delos as a character, but I think they may have shown all they're going to show of him. It was pretty wild when they went in and found him (sort of) still functioning at the end of the last episode. Makes you wonder how recently MIB was in there?

Dolores is not hot. I keep want her to be, but she is as plain Jane as they come, IMO.

Reactions: dmm5157
MIB (Ed Harris version) is a great character. Young William, not so much.

I was actually interested in learning a little more about James Delos as a character, but I think they may have shown all they're going to show of him. It was pretty wild when they went in and found him (sort of) still functioning at the end of the last episode. Makes you wonder how recently MIB was in there?

Dolores is not hot. I keep want her to be, but she is as plain Jane as they come, IMO.

She isn’t hot when in “west world” but I thought she looked great when she was outside of the park and entertaining clients at their parties....she looked like a totally different person imo

She isn’t hot when in “west world” but I thought she looked great when she was outside of the park and entertaining clients at their parties....she looked like a totally different person imo
She did look better out of Westworld, you're right.

But she still doesn't do it for me. Might just be a simple taste thing though.

We're talking crap about Evan Rachel Wood, right? The one that was with Marilyn Manson? Real world - not supermodel but still very attractive; 19th century - likely hot given the time period. Need more of Ol' Bill's daughter though.

Katja+Herbers+Discovery+Manhunt+Unabomber+WGlHa0zmcHOl.jpg

Reactions: nynole1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT