ADVERTISEMENT

West World..........spoilers.

She did look better out of Westworld, you're right.

But she still doesn't do it for me. Might just be a simple taste thing though.

Well, give her a taste and let me know your thoughts...I bet she won’t make it to the guilty after eating thread.

Finally got caught up, enjoyed this episode focused on MiB much more than the other episodes so far. Some very existential themes compared to what's going on in West World

Reactions: nynole1
I enjoyed tonight's episode a lot. I liked seeing the parallel storyline in samurai land, and finding out about Maeve's new ability. I'm anxious to see what Delores has done to Teddy.

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. People who only want to see William will hate it.

What is Delores going to do to Teddy?

Shout out to the Wu Tang Clan!

Reactions: dmm5157
I didn’t dig this episode that much but I have complete faith in the series, so I’m not to worried about any one particular episode not being a favorite.

Reactions: amicusnole
I didn’t dig this episode that much but I have complete faith in the series, so I’m not to worried about any one particular episode not being a favorite.
See, I thought it was really good. I saw the whole Maeve storyline as kind of the next step in their self-actualization: being confronted with basically their own image, and seeing how they reacted.

I will say that I'm disappointed with how they've relegated Armistice to just a background character. She was such a badayse is season 1 that I'd hope they'd give her a bigger role in bringing down "the Man".

Alright, this is the first episode I couldn't follow along with while watching at work. I dig the emphasis on Shogun World, but having half the episode in subtitles made it difficult to follow on the small screen.

I do like the parallelism between storylines, neat to see the use of different weaponry between cultures and time periods. Dolores getting one last lay from Teddy prior to rebooting him was very real world, at least in my experience. o_O

Thought the major developments of the episode we're predictable ie Dolores/Teddy and Mauve's ability saving the day.
No way any of them would have lasted 10 seconds with sword wielding ninjas, let alone enough time for mauve to redirect them. Felt like they were trying to create suspense where there really couldn't be any. Also, if redirecting them was so easy, why not just have them stand down and join her ranks instead of destroying them all?

Last edited:
So...this is probably the hippest thing I’ve experienced since I’ve entered my 40’s. I rewatched the episode last night. I thought it sounded familiar but I didn’t know why...Did you all realize that the music to Akane’s dance was a reimagined, Asian-version of Wu-Tang’s “C.R.E.A.M.?”

Mind blown!

So...this is probably the hippest thing I’ve experienced since I’ve entered my 40’s. I rewatched the episode last night. I thought it sounded familiar but I didn’t know why...Did you all realize that the music to Akane’s dance was a reimagined, Asian-version of Wu-Tang’s “C.R.E.A.M.?”

Mind blown!

See you missed my post up above! :rolleyes:

Reactions: nynole1
I've always had a thing for Evan Rachael Wood since these movies:

MV5BMTYzNDYxNzY2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzk2NTc3._V1_.jpg
&
MV5BMTI0NTA1MDkyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg3NTAzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

I know, I know:

0518a2fdacf214291668c0419d9f00e582cb27-wm.jpg

Add Nikki Reed to that also

Mind blown!

Holy crap, I completely missed that! I totally hear it now, damn it! I just thought it was a catchy beat.

Was Teddy a host that had an actual person's memory programmed into him and Dolores had that erased?

This season is jumping around and telling a very complex story it seems. I'm enjoying it so far. I can't wait to see how everything ties together.

Was Teddy a host that had an actual person's memory programmed into him and Dolores had that erased?

This season is jumping around and telling a very complex story it seems. I'm enjoying it so far. I can't wait to see how everything ties together.
No I don't think that is what is going on with Teddy. I just think Teddy is a good "guy" and Delores needs him to be a badass. So she wiped and reprogrammed him (I believe that is what she was doing).

Reactions: LesClaypool
No I don't think that is what is going on with Teddy. I just think Teddy is a good "guy" and Delores needs him to be a badass. So she wiped and reprogrammed him (I believe that is what she was doing).
Yeah. After her monologue about burning the weak cattle, she had him reprogrammed. Think he's going to go ham now, but with consequences, ie malfunctioning like her dad, bernard, and a bunch of other random hosts.

Lot of plot holes this season, not really digging it compared to s1. Pretty much the only show I watch so I'll keep watching based on potential. I like the visuals and thoughts of the other worlds, but how much can they expand without losing sight of the original arc is to be seen.

• Well, Teddy's definitely a bad-ass now.
  • That was cold how they did the black tech guy on the train though
  • MIB is even more cold-blooded than we thought, leaving his own daughter by herself to presumably die after feigning reconciliation hours earlier
  • Bernard has too much happening for me to keep up with. I'm totally lost there.
  • Ford is (seemingly, sort of) back. Very cool!

Reactions: GoNolesTX
I really liked the Shogun world. Yes Teddy is now a ruthless stone cold bad ass. Not sure Delores will realize how much she will miss the old Teddy.

Benard, so Delores can control him? That's nuts.

Why couldn't Mauve revive Sakura?

Yes that was cold what they did with that black human dude on the train.

Preview shows Ford is back and yes he is in the system.

Very good episode!

One question I have is how much of what we're watching is a simulation created by Ford? The man is in the cradle and seemingly everywhere running everything. Is most of what we're watching simply simulation?

One question I have is how much of what we're watching is a simulation created by Ford? The man is in the cradle and seemingly everywhere running everything. Is most of what we're watching simply simulation?

If you mean simulation as in a test of their humanity in the “real world” then I think the odds are good. They are purposefully screwing with the time and mixing older and newer timeframes without viewer references. And the revolt we think is newer could just be a test.

But if by simulation you mean just an electronic reality within “the cradle” then I don’t believe that’s what’s going on.

A much better episode then the last, IMO. Man, I really hope Ford is back, that would greatly increase my interest in the show once again.
Can someone explain to me what the point of Shogun world was in the grand scheme of things, other than Mauve being able to control the hosts?

Can someone explain to me what the point of Shogun world was in the grand scheme of things, other than Mauve being able to control the hosts?
They picked up the chick w/the bow and arrows in their brigade. So they’ve got more bad asses in their ranks now (though had the Ronin stayed with them they’d really have increased their badass quotient).

They picked up the chick w/the bow and arrows in their brigade. So they’ve got more bad asses in their ranks now (though had the Ronin stayed with them they’d really have increased their badass quotient).

I feel ultimately Shogun world was a one-off. It was there to present the option that Mauve's daughter might not remember her and what her reaction will be to it.

Reactions: ericram
A much better episode then the last, IMO. Man, I really hope Ford is back, that would greatly increase my interest in the show once again.
The obvious answer is to have a revisioned Wu Tang Clan song.

Is MiB a host? The man took what, 4 shots last night and is still kicking?

Is Ford playing the role of God or Satan now?

Can Delores and the rest of her team just go? I am very much over them.

I didn't quite understand the plan to blow up the back-ups.

"Angela, you go down to the cradle area to blow up the back-ups. No, we're not going to give you any explosives. Instead, you'll wait for one of the soldiers. Despite our murderous rampage over the last few days, we're sure he won't shoot you. Also, he'll have an easy to reach explosive attached to him for you to use. it's foolproof. Good luck!"

I don't think MIB is a host: just a tough old SOB. I cold be wrong though - what do I know?!

I think Ford's definitely playing the "burn it all to the ground!" Satan role. I like the devolution into anarchy of it all.

I'm surprised that Maeve didn't let Delores know that she could mind-control the hosts. I guess Maeve and Delores have very different motivations though. Still, would be cooler for me if they could team up.

To be honest, I'm having kind of a hard time keeping up with where they are in the timeline on any given scene. I guess that's the point of it, but it gets confusing figuring out who has the mind-ball key from scene to scene.

Reactions: Random_John
I didn't quite understand the plan to blow up the back-ups.

"Angela, you go down to the cradle area to blow up the back-ups. No, we're not going to give you any explosives. Instead, you'll wait for one of the soldiers. Despite our murderous rampage over the last few days, we're sure he won't shoot you. Also, he'll have an easy to reach explosive attached to him for you to use. it's foolproof. Good luck!"

The security teams are really starting to take me out of the show with their Storm Trooper bafoonery. You're telling me these guys do not have any EMP devices, can't shoot the broad side of a barn, and decide that instead of killing a robot that can be rebuilt he needs to just get it on? That's just plain silliness.

It was great to see Anthony Hopkins again. I just need the show to not go down a Walking Dead type path.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
Couple of questions:

1 - Where is this show supposed to go if there is a next season?
2 - Are there 2 Bernard's in this time line?

Great to have Hopkins back. He is so awesome in his scenes.
I too am having a hard time with the time lines especially this last episode. So much seemed to happen in this last episode.

Couple of questions:

1 - Where is this show supposed to go if there is a next season?
2 - Are there 2 Bernard's in this time line?

Great to have Hopkins back. He is so awesome in his scenes.
I too am having a hard time with the time lines especially this last episode. So much seemed to happen in this last episode.

One of the issues I have with timelines is when the robot blew up the cradle. what happened to her thorny crown or is that also a different timeline?

Finally watched through all the episodes and this season is so fantastic so far. As of now, after watching them all back to back to back I think I've got a handle of where things are timeline, so that of course means I'm probably not even close. The only problem I had with the last episode was the stupid scene blowing up the backups. They should have just blown them up instead of play that stupid scene out.

Im at a point with the show where I don't even care about the timelines anymore. It's just not that interesting to me. How many times can they do the same thing over and over, its becoming insulting. I used to read up on it and all the theories last season on reddit, mainboard and here in the LR. But the show just feels tired and played out. Like it's trying too hard to confuse viewers, just to be artsy and deep. Its like the Jackson Pollack of tv. But that's not it, cause that would be giving them too much credit. I think theyre complacent and lazy and possibly dont have an ending. It feels lost.

Bernard always is looking like he has to take a bad crap and doesnt have a place to go. The man in black almost gets killed every episode, but gets deus ex saved every single time. Mauve also. Dolores is a one dimensional bore and only comes to life when her mentally challenged dad has a reverse brain fart. Teddy is just a bitch, even badass Teddy comes off like a bitch. The stormtrooper like security guys that cant shoot, coordinate, move tactically are embarrasingly laughable. The cheesy religous symbolism. They dont show boobies anymore. Ahhh...im just gonna stop.

Its far from the worst show on tv, but its fallen pretty hard this yr. Cause I dont hate the show, i just hate that im let down

Are we sure that everyone is not a host and it's all just a simulation (or series of simulations)? We don't ever see anyone eat. No one gets sick. Maybe I've lost grips with how much time has passed, but it seems like we're being shown that the end game is cloning humans and gaining true learning AI and human experience/intelligence. Feels a bit like that Black Mirror episode about dating simulation from last season. Maybe I missed something.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
Think the big reveal this season is that the mib is a host. What didnt work for Delos was improved and used on William later in life. Ford eluded to this somewhat to Bernard when he was talking about studying and keeping him in the house for 30yrs until he passed the test of Dolores not recognizing that Bernard wasnt human.

Ford also was eluding to the idea of destiny and sacrifice. Wherever or whatever this "valley beyond" is, the hosts seem to want to get there in a hurry and possibly upload their spheres into human hosts that might be stored there? Remember the opening scene with all of the dead hosts washed up on the lake shore, that was the most present timeline I believe. So maybe they have already moved on and are living in new bodies and going to take over the real world.

Im at a point with the show where I don't even care about the timelines anymore. It's just not that interesting to me. How many times can they do the same thing over and over, its becoming insulting. I used to read up on it and all the theories last season on reddit, mainboard and here in the LR. But the show just feels tired and played out. Like it's trying too hard to confuse viewers, just to be artsy and deep. Its like the Jackson Pollack of tv. But that's not it, cause that would be giving them too much credit. I think theyre complacent and lazy and possibly dont have an ending. It feels lost.

Bernard always is looking like he has to take a bad crap and doesnt have a place to go. The man in black almost gets killed every episode, but gets deus ex saved every single time. Mauve also. Dolores is a one dimensional bore and only comes to life when her mentally challenged dad has a reverse brain fart. Teddy is just a bitch, even badass Teddy comes off like a bitch. The stormtrooper like security guys that cant shoot, coordinate, move tactically are embarrasingly laughable. The cheesy religous symbolism. They dont show boobies anymore. Ahhh...im just gonna stop.

Its far from the worst show on tv, but its fallen pretty hard this yr. Cause I dont hate the show, i just hate that im let down

If there's one thing I feel confident this show has, it's an ending planned out. I at least hope they do. I honestly don't see how the show can go too many more seasons. It feels like one of those shows that needs to have a definite ending in one or two years and then be done otherwise it will become tired.

I can see how some people would be put off with the jumping timelines, and I did have to (For the first two episodes of this season) read through some of the online sites that help place them in order for you for things to start to make sense. But once they did, I think I'm good now (Although I still expect them to throw a twist at us, like having the whole thing be a simulation).

I have realized that this is one of those shows that is far less frustrating when you can binge watch it. I watched all the episodes of last season back to back to back, and I hadn't had time to watch any of this season until last week. I've now caught up and now I'm frustrated by the waiting. So maybe wait until the season is over, see if people rave about it, and then go binge it? I kind of wish I had now.

Anthony Hopkins is the best actor, ever. His presence alone adds a depth and eerieness that's hard to put into words.

One thing that annoys me is the stupidity of the humans. They choose to get close to the machines and end up getting killed in an obvious manner. Teddy and angela should have been the only ones who died in their respective scenes.

Agree with poster who gets annoyed with the near deaths of MiB and mauve, seemingly every episode, it does feel insulting.

ADVERTISEMENT