ADVERTISEMENT

What’s your summer reading list?

This was absolutely outstanding. I bought it as an audio book to listen to in the vehicle and am glad I did since both authors narrate their own parts of the book which makes it even more impactful:

The Way Forward

Master Life's Toughest Battles and Create Your Lasting Legacy​

By Robert O'Neill, Dakota Meyer

Rob O’Neill and Dakota Meyer are two of the most decorated and recognized US service members: O’Neill killed the world’s most wanted man, Osama bin Laden, and Meyer was the first living Marine to receive the Medal of Honor since the Vietnam War. But beyond their actions and courage in combat, O’Neill and Meyer also have much in common in civilian life: they are both sought-after public speakers, advocates for veterans, and share a non-PC sense of humor. Combining the best of military memoirs and straight-talking self-help, The Way Forward alternates between O’Neill’s and Meyer’s perspectives, looking back with humor at even the darkest war stories, and sharing lessons they learned along the way.

This was absolutely outstanding. I bought it as an audio book to listen to in the vehicle and am glad I did since both authors narrate their own parts of the book which makes it even more impactful:

The Way Forward

Master Life's Toughest Battles and Create Your Lasting Legacy​

By Robert O'Neill,Dakota Meyer

Rob O’Neill and Dakota Meyer are two of the most decorated and recognized US service members: O’Neill killed the world’s most wanted man, Osama bin Laden, and Meyer was the first living Marine to receive the Medal of Honor since the Vietnam War. But beyond their actions and courage in combat, O’Neill and Meyer also have much in common in civilian life: they are both sought-after public speakers, advocates for veterans, and share a non-PC sense of humor. Combining the best of military memoirs and straight-talking self-help, The Way Forward alternates between O’Neill’s and Meyer’s perspectives, looking back with humor at even the darkest war stories, and sharing lessons they learned along the way.
Good Book. O'Neill received some criticism from inner circles for discussing some of his missions mainly the Bin Laden one. Many said he violated a critical tenet of the profession by discussing his work or seeking recognition from it. Not all that common for an operator to discuss details like these.

For anyone that likes SciFi I'm currently reading the Red Rising series that is excellent.

Reactions: Random_John
I read the Hyperion books years ago. Dan Simmons will take your brain out and play with it. His books about Mars even more so. Hyperion itself just sets the stage and introduces the characters imo for the real stories that come in the next 2.

For this summer I'm going to read Why I Stand by Jonathan Isaacs. I'm also re-reading (listening to) the Assassin's Trilogy by Robin Hobb. I used to read a lot, but my smart phone has turned me into a dumb human.

I read the Hyperion books years ago. Dan Simmons will take your brain out and play with it. His books about Mars even more so. Hyperion itself just sets the stage and introduces the characters imo for the real stories that come in the next 2.

For this summer I'm going to read Why I Stand by Jonathan Isaacs. I'm also re-reading (listening to) the Assassin's Trilogy by Robin Hobb. I used to read a lot, but my smart phone has turned me into a dumb human.
Agree. Hyperion just gets better after the first 1 book. Many moments of me thinking "what the hell is going on?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT