ADVERTISEMENT

What “Old School” things or habits do you still hang on to?

I won’t give up putting my Rand McNally Atlas on the back seat when I go on a trip.
The Google Map deal ”in one eighth of a mile turn left” is just no fun.
I still cook like my Mom taught me.
🤷‍♀️🦕
The Rand is the key to a happier trip when dealing with unexpected delays or change of destination. My kids are pros with it as well.

I picked up a new manual Miata recently as a weekend toy; I couldn’t love a car more. I also feel like it’s probably the last opportunity that I will have to buy a manual car.
Our daughter was treated like a rock star in High School due to her manual Subaru. She could have left the keys in it and only the farmer’s kids could have borrowed it.

Reactions: DFSNOLE and goldmom
I polished my old man’s shoes on Sunday for many years and his safety razor and brush are on my bathroom shelf.
Shoes, belts and socks are things I immediately (and very subtly) look at when I am meeting someone for the first time. If you are not paying attention to those details, I already know a lot about you.

And ditto for chicks, with your nails, shoes and jewelry.

And always analyze posture and body language, and eye contact (or lack thereof).

People can easily lie, but the story they tell with these other factors is generally quite authentic and reliable.

Reactions: billanole
Shoes, belts and socks are things I immediately (and very subtly) look at when I am meeting someone for the first time. If you are not paying attention to those details, I already know a lot about you.

And ditto for chicks, with your nails, shoes and jewelry.

And always analyze posture and body language, and eye contact (or lack thereof).

People can easily lie, but the story they tell with these other factors is generally quite authentic and reliable.
Shorts, how about shorts?

Don't wear a hat indoors. And always use your Vitalis, Brute and Hai Karate to the last drop.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT