What about adding a Mentor/Career Section

Discussion in 'Seminole Networking' started by RangerNole, Mar 26, 2018.

1. RangerNole

RangerNole Seminole Insider
    Expand Collapse

I know folks post in the LR about career moves etc. While they get some advice, it is mostly jokes etc. What about adding a section in here that covers folks looking at careers etc. I am thinking more of my son/daughter wants to do X; as well as us older folks looking at career changes too. Was thinking it could be more advice focused and if people want to post the same question in the LR they can still get there advice and jokes.

2. seminoledq

seminoledq Seminole Insider
    Expand Collapse

I like it because I will be in this boat soon. Making the move soon.

3. kj9127

kj9127 Starter
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think it is a good idea.

4. RangerNole

RangerNole Seminole Insider
    Expand Collapse

Well so far not much mentoring going on so here is where I have experience. 33 Years in Army SOF - (active, NG and Reserve). Spent 7 years as a FF/EMT in a small dept where we ran about 8000 calls a year - 75% medical calls.
    Owned a business (Home Inspections & a little property management) and still own it just don't do anything with it - wife manages it now. Work for the government currently in defense stuff.
    If you are a tech guy, computer engineer and live in San Diego I would look real hard at Trellisware. Amazing company that is really cutting edge.

5. shaunbo21

shaunbo21 Star Player
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I like the idea too! I posted in the TC about me moving up to Atlanta and having a sports management degree, so anywhere to comfortably put yourself out there for future careers would be great! With that being said, if any of you are in the Atlanta area and have any connections to sport management or marketing jobs please let me know! And as always, GO NOLES!

6. seminoledq

Expand Collapse

I have a buddy that works here: CLC Licensing
    Most of their openings are in Atlanta. Check them out.

shaunbo21 likes this.
  7. seminoledq

Expand Collapse

I have now started to put myself out there and applied for a few jobs. For the time being I live in CO but am looking in the Tampa/St. Pete area. Preferably St. Pete. I am the Director of Sales & Marketing for a non-profit in the legal profession. Not a lot of similar organizations out there so I am looking to put my skills to work in a different industry.