ADVERTISEMENT

what actor or actress do you think ruins movies?

for me its Jai Courtney

There’s several I think ruin shows and movies but few “big name”, most of those are usually at least decent. The only A or B+ Listers I can think of are Megan Fox, Tara Reid, and Jaden Smith. I’ve never seen them in a quality movie where they were even decent actors.

I used this list to determine “A Listers” with bad reps, but all of those listed other than the ones I mentioned I’m ok with. Even Nick Cage who CAN ruin movies with overacting (and Kristen Stewart who ruins movies with underacting) is fine in at least half.

https://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/worst-living-a-list-hollywood-actors

Apparently Emilia Clarke doesn’t count as A-list despite starting in the last Terminator reboot, but her acting ruins movies and shows for me. I love GOT, but she is so awful compared to how amazing the character is in the books and when you see her in Terminator trying to take the shows of Linda Hamilton you realize how terrible she is...compared to Linda Hamilton not exactly Meryl Streep.

This is a weird one, but the only one that comes to mind...Bobby Cannavale. Pretty much can't watch something with him in it. I don't know why...it feels like he's acting like he's ACTING all the time.

Julia Roberts. She. Is. A. Terrible. Actor.

Generally true, but I thought she did a good job in Erin Brockovich.

This topic comes to me from time to time as I'm watching movies and I cannot think of the latest one that has been bugging me, but I'm sure I'll remember later.

Not a favorite actor of mine by any stretch, but I thought everyone loved his character in Aliens.
Ditto - he was also good in Trespass and a lesser known but neat movie called Night Crawler. That said, I can see how one finds his schtick annoying.

OP - for me it's Amy Schumer. There are others but I'm gonna stick more with leads because I can easily get over a small part or cameo.

Reactions: mcgrawfsu
Al Pacino and James Woods followed closely by De NIro

And the dude playing Kylo Ren who looks like he's about to cry in every scene....so terrible.

Reactions: DDennis73
If she’s an A-listed, I would include her. She almost managed to ruin Jurassic Park (along with the kids) but fortunately every other actor brought their A game.
At some point in every movie she’s in....

sandy%20grimace.png.jpg

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
On second thought maybe I am being too hard on Keanu. I have seen probably all of his movies and he doesn't necessarily ruin them as much as his acting just seems very poor to me and you just ignore the scenes where he has to speak. Maybe Keanu needs to be lumped in with Nicholas Cage. Bad actors in average somewhat entertaining movies category.

Julia Roberts,Whoppi Goldberg, Roseanne Barr, Mellissa McCarthy. Roberts is highly overrated and the others are obnoxious and annoying.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Got one. Claire Daines annoys me terribly on Homeland, wish I had stopped watching years ago. Horrible actress and seemingly getting worse as she gets older.

Or can't get past certain people's politics no matter what...

Thats how I feel about Tim Robbins and Tom Cruise. And Shawshank is one of my favorites.

Movie ruiners.....
Ashton Kutcher
Micheal Cera
David Arquette
Nick Cage
Jaden Smith (his dad is so good)

Mark Wahlberg doesn't ruin movies for me, but he is such a bad actor

+1 on Claire Daines

Thats how I feel about Tim Robbins and Tom Cruise. And Shawshank is one of my favorites.

Movie ruiners.....
Ashton Kutcher
Micheal Cera
David Arquette
Nick Cage

Claire Daines is another one....

Tom's religious believes are out there but I don't recall anything mentioned of his political views.

Got one. Claire Daines annoys me terribly on Homeland, wish I had stopped watching years ago. Horrible actress and seemingly getting worse as she gets older.

Homeland is a perfect example of a show I fast forward through parts of. All of the stuff with Saul, political intrigue, spywork, etc...I absolutely love. It’s a 10/10 on par with the Americans for me. Then there’s all of the Carrie %+%*, her personal home life, her romances, her disease, etc... which is a 1/10. I fast forward through all of that #*%* and the show is great.

The show would have been 100x better if after season one or two they killed off Carrie.

Reactions: Manch. and dmm5157
Or can't get past certain people's politics no matter what...

Nothing to do with politics, or I could add in people like Alec Baldwin, who I really like, or 95% of Hollywood would be on my "do not like list". Roseanne Bart sucks.

I can tolerate Bull Durham, that was made when I was young, but as I grew older, I just didn't care for them, never liked Mystic River.

Homeland is a perfect example of a show I fast forward through parts of. All of the stuff with Saul, political intrigue, spywork, etc...I absolutely love. It’s a 10/10 on par with the Americans for me. Then there’s all of the Carrie %+%*, her personal home life, her romances, her disease, etc... which is a 1/10. I fast forward through all of that #*%* and the show is great.

The show would have been 100x better if after season one or two they killed off Carrie.

Agreed. There was a period where they could have easily killed her off and it would have been "shocking" (season 4) and switched focus to Quin and Saul, but no they decided to keep her on. I HATE the whole kid/family/romance aspect of the show, it's a complete waste of an interesting premise. The show is a shell of its former self. Such a shame. I do the same, FF through the parts with Carrie's stupidity.

Not a favorite actor of mine by any stretch, but I thought everyone loved his character in Aliens.
Ehh, he's just never been someone I like seeing in a movie. To me it's a weird kind of corny over-acting.

He does have a Kennedy assassination link though - in case anyone didn't know.

As a kid he was in a famous photo from when Kennedy was riding through Dallas on the day he was assassinated:

Bill-Paxton-JFK-846519.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT