ADVERTISEMENT

What no one is talking about-"throw in a couple hurricanes this summer"

CarlsbadNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
what will this do to the recovery...they cant stretch fema, so they will not take chances...no sports till 2021...it is becoming more clear to me

what will this do to the recovery...they cant stretch fema, so they will not take chances...no sports till 2021...it is becoming more clear to me
Thank you oh great nostradamus

can you give me the winning lotto numbers too?

Thank you oh great nostradamus

can you give me the winning lotto numbers too?

i dont think you need to be nostradamus to go out on a limb and predict a hurricane coming ashore this year.. do you think fema and all of the people connected have talked about it?

or are they talking to the sec overlords about the CFB seasons?

i dont think you need to be nostradamus to go out on a limb and predict a hurricane coming ashore this year.. do you think fema and all of the people connected have talked about it?

or are they talking to the sec overlords about the CFB seasons?
Your title wasn’t bestowed due to your prediction of a hurricane...it was the no sports till 2021 and it’s ever-growing clarity in your mind that got you the designation of Nostradamus

Your title wasn’t bestowed due to your prediction of a hurricane...it was the no sports till 2021 and it’s ever-growing clarity in your mind that got you the designation of Nostradamus
ah---got it

Or flooding or fires out west (maybe in Florida if we dont get some appreciable amount of rain) dont forget earth quakes or the possible tsunami and of course the tonado season.

Yes, life happens and . . .we deal with it and move on.

Not going to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

In case you didn't notice, Congress just authorized the printing of 6.2 TRILLION dollars!!

FEMA will have plenty of money to deal with disaster relief as money will be printed.

I am not debating whether the printing of the money is good or bad - just pointing out that there will plenty for FEMA should such natural disasters occur.

Nothing to see here.

In case you didn't notice, Congress just authorized the printing of 6.2 TRILLION dollars!!

FEMA will have plenty of money to deal with disaster relief as money will be printed.

I am not debating whether the printing of the money is good or bad - just pointing out that there will plenty for FEMA should such natural disasters occur.

Nothing to see here.

Sure but I always operate under the explicit belief that money is boundless and infinitely printable

it’s the other resources like people and equipment and so forth

and the how much an event would add to the fear card, that’s my biggest concern so to speak

Maybe they can reallocate the billions in pork money they snuck into this bill when the next disaster strikes.

Maybe they can reallocate the billions in pork money they snuck into this bill when the next disaster strikes.

try to eliminate the actual dollar discussion, it is a distraction, they use it specifically to take peoples eye off the ball.

Terms like pork are word weapons

The money card is used as a psychological Tool to get the real goals accomplished I will stop there

A very realistic possibility.....That would be a real kick in the ____.......

By the time FEMA does anything effective to respond to a hurricane, the damned thing has been over and gone for weeks. The only contact I ever had with any FEMA representative was about ten years ago when I was trying to repair the wooden fence around my beach home in Flagler County after a hurricane--two brand-new black suburbans with Missouri plates drove down the dirt road that leads to the beach (and my house)...EIGHT young guys got out of them and announced that they were from FEMA. I immediately went into my Southern redneck voice and persona (pretty natural for me) and said "Oh, thank God, you're help to help me fix my fence, would you hold this panel up for me while I nail it to the post"? They were horrified when I suggested they might actually do any work and quickly told me they were there only to hand out pamphlets about how to fill out forms to eventually get financial help from FEMA....then they scurried back into their taxpayer-financed new vehicles and quickly left.

Bottom line, if you're waiting on FEMA to save you it ain't gonna happen. :Face with Tears of Joy

imagine a 2004 hurricane year again with a major pandemic. Who knows maybe we'll bring back Zika. Everyone misses Zika.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
It’s very interesting situation with my snow bird patients here in SW Florida...normally this time of year they are preparing to head back north. Well now with the virus they really don’t know what to do...they certainly don’t want to go back to places like NY etc...they don’t want to be here with the heat or to have to deal with hurricane season.

If we don’t have a college football season this year it will have nothing to do with any hurricanes.

Yes, we’ve been affected by a few hurricanes in the last 5-10 years but that’s not the norm. It’s been horrendous timing with seemingly every one expected to hit exactly on gameday. And how many games have we had to reschedule...? The one when Jimbo was out the door? Miami a few years before that? To say one is expected to hit and effect football in any way is overly dramatic.

Reactions: Random_John
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT