ADVERTISEMENT

What was your first dance song? (Wedding)

Noleguy06

Starter
Aug 11, 2003
For the married (or previously) couples. Just like to hear what people picked as I'm getting married in about 40 days.

was supposed to be "my eyes adored you" by Frankie Valley. told the DJ way ahead of time we wanted it. I actually had my own 45 of it. Jerk didn't bring it and we had to choose between 2 songs. I don't know what the other choice was but we went with "I will always Love You" by Whitney Houston. We literally had to decide as we were about to walk out for the song with the guy standing there asking.

Then - Brad Paisley

Funny thing is, it's the only one of two songs I like by him.

No frigging idea, I'll ask my wife when I go home this afternoon. I'm sure it was some syrupy crap that she liked & I probably had never heard.

Amazed by Lonestar.

was supposed to be "my eyes adored you" by Frankie Valley. told the DJ way ahead of time we wanted it. I actually had my own 45 of it. Jerk didn't bring it and we had to choose between 2 songs. I don't know what the other choice was but we went with "I will always Love You" by Whitney Houston. We literally had to decide as we were about to walk out for the song with the guy standing there asking.

Then you should've told him to play the Clarence Carter classic, "Strokin"

Reactions: Bartdog
We had a small intimate wedding outside right off the bay; so our song was "beachy". It was also a song we had been enjoying dancing to that summer, so now when we listen to it, we go back to the summer we, "felll in love".

So here is another one you can be sure not to use now that I have suggested ;)

Last edited:
We got married in our living room on a Friday evening with just family there. Left on a cruise on Saturday morning. No reception. No first dance.
Had a big party about a month later but there was nothing wedding formal.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
Think it was this. We were going to do a real dance for our first dance, but after a few lessons it turned out she really couldn't dance. So we chose something that would work for cling and swing. I think the wife wanted "Love and Luck" from Buffett but the dumbass DJ who guaranteed her he had every Buffett song didn't have it.

I'm pushing for this...

JK.....I'm letting her decide but encouraging some Sinatra.

Last edited:
At Last by Etta James. We were together for more than 10 years before we got married, so the song was intentionally tongue in cheek.

No frigging idea, I'll ask my wife when I go home this afternoon. I'm sure it was some syrupy crap that she liked & I probably had never heard.

Apparently, it was "Endless Love" by Lionel Richie. And apparently, that was something I was supposed to remember (based on the reaction when I asked).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT