ADVERTISEMENT

Whole Publix Subs $5.99...every type

200.gif

Nope. It's only the Publix brand meats. I had an ultimate with swiss drug through the garden on 5 grain bread yesterday.

I don’t think you’re right.

I ordered a boars head ultimate from their website yesterday at it was only $5.99.

I think they made a mistake at your publix.

I don’t think you’re right.

I ordered a boars head ultimate from their website yesterday at it was only $5.99.

I think they made a mistake at your publix.
I just looked it up and you are correct. Publix differentiates between their brand and Boars Head. Their ad stated Publix subs and I assumed. Good for you. Not so much for me.

That’s a pretty good deal and nice to keep a quick lunch under 6 bucks. Even chick fil a is approaching $8!

I think the Boar's Head was $6.99 back when I was a Publix sandwich artist. This kind of deal would have killed us at lunch time. I was always on sandwich detail because the ladies didn't want to deal with sandwich customers. Grown adults throwing a fit because they thought the sandwich meat was too light or you weren't putting on enough mayo...don't get me started about the hot counter and having to pick up every piece of dark meat for the customer to examine and approve.....

Reactions: DanC78
I think the Boar's Head was $6.99 back when I was a Publix sandwich artist. This kind of deal would have killed us at lunch time. I was always on sandwich detail because the ladies didn't want to deal with sandwich customers. Grown adults throwing a fit because they thought the sandwich meat was too light or you weren't putting on enough mayo...don't get me started about the hot counter and having to pick up every piece of dark meat for the customer to examine and approve.....

Were they on hover-boards?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
That’s a pretty good deal and nice to keep a quick lunch under 6 bucks. Even chick fil a is approaching $8!

Went to the Fil A for a family night event, 2 adults and one kid. Wife gets the market salad with grilled chicken, i get a grilled sandwich - substitute salad salad for fries; we both get large teas, and the kid gets a kids meal. I think I added a water bottle and we got one ice cream cone and it was close to $25. It really caught me by surprise how expensive fast food has become -- almost no difference to the causal dinning restaurants around us.

Went to the Fil A for a family night event, 2 adults and one kid. Wife gets the market salad with grilled chicken, i get a grilled sandwich - substitute salad salad for fries; we both get large teas, and the kid gets a kids meal. I think I added a water bottle and we got one ice cream cone and it was close to $25. It really caught me by surprise how expensive fast food has become -- almost no difference to the causal dinning restaurants around us.
Yep, wait til they outgrow the kids meals!

Although I wonder if this is how we get like our grandparents, complaining about how a steak dinner used to be $2.25...

I've found that we can actually eat cheaper at a really good Mexican restaurant by our house than at most fast food places.

Reactions: goldmom
I've found that we can actually eat cheaper at a really good Mexican restaurant by our house than at most fast food places.

Yep - health issues have caused me to cut way back on my day drinking and the wife really doesn't drink much anymore with me not imbibing and having to deal with a 5 year old, so we are getting tabs in the $30-$60 range (depending on the restaurant), when it used to be impossible to get a tab under $100 - even at a pizza and wing joint.

Can I get some shake cheese on that?
You mean parmesan?
Yeah, shake cheese. And yellow peppers too.

Don't miss those days at all. That part of me has been dead for a long time.

I go to Subway more than I’d care to, and it’s not awful, but geez you really have to try hard to not think about the people making your sub. Not the tidiest crew.

Subway has great fresh bread, and that’s where it ends. Too many better options out there for me to get subway. That is unless we are going out on the boat, for some reason it works for me then.

Subway has great fresh bread, and that’s where it ends. Too many better options out there for me to get subway. That is unless we are going out on the boat, for some reason it works for me then.

It doesn't end there - the vegetables are the star of their show. They are just about perfect.

Reactions: DanC78
Like what, pray tell?

I don’t know where you live but down here in South Florida I would say La Spadas, Soho’s, Substantial, Lous Giant, Henry’s, Deli-boy, Subs and Suds, Tsunami Subs, Jim Torchios and probably more that I’m forgetting.

Can I get some shake cheese on that?
You mean parmesan?
Yeah, shake cheese. And yellow peppers too.

Don't miss those days at all. That part of me has been dead for a long time.

Honestly, the worst job was
I don’t know where you live but down here in South Florida I would say La Spadas, Soho’s, Substantial, Lous Giant, Henry’s, Deli-boy, Subs and Suds, Tsunami Subs, Jim Torchios and probably more that I’m forgetting.

Forgot Miami Subs with a bottle of Dom

You really have a huge list of go to sub places. I don't know if you have heard, but eating high amounts of processed meats from those places increases your risk of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.

Publix subs, on the other hand, in addition to being delicious, are good for your health and decrease your risks of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.

Reactions: cfbfan23 and 89nole
ADVERTISEMENT