ADVERTISEMENT

Why do women ask you to do things they can't do, then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
or...

Her, "what do you want to eat?"
me, "doesn't matter"
Her, "please just pick something"
me, "seriously, I don't care, whatever you want"
Her, "for the love of god just pick"
Me, "FINE!!!! I want "blank"
Her, "umm, can we have something else?"
I'll admit that I do that all the time.

Reactions: cmanole
The funny thing is that we men do all of these things to women as well.

We do different things. Men are really very simple creatures. Food and sex and we are happy.

Professional volleyball player and model Gabriella Reece who is married to professional surfer Laird Hamilton had this to say "She also stressed how to get on a man's level. "I think the language that men understand and they receive — is through food and through sex." she says."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...eece-opens-submissive-woman-article-1.1315735

https://www.about-face.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Gabby-and-Husband.jpg

Reactions: cmanole
We do different things. Men are really very simple creatures. Food and sex and we are happy.

Professional volleyball player and model Gabriella Reece who is married to professional surfer Laird Hamilton had this to say "She also stressed how to get on a man's level. "I think the language that men understand and they receive — is through food and through sex." she says."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...eece-opens-submissive-woman-article-1.1315735

https://www.about-face.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Gabby-and-Husband.jpg

You don't think men have a tendency to tell women how to do things that we don't want to do, to be fickle about where we eat and argue about it, or complain about things without wanting someone to tell us how to fix it? The idea that men are only about food and sex is ridiculous and should be offensive to any man worth anything. If your relationship with your wife exists just so you can eat and get laid then I think there's a lot you're missing out on.

You don't think men have a tendency to tell women how to do things that we don't want to do, to be fickle about where we eat and argue about it, or complain about things without wanting someone to tell us how to fix it? The idea that men are only about food and sex is ridiculous and should be offensive to any man worth anything. If your relationship with your wife exists just so you can eat and get laid then I think there's a lot you're missing out on.
Maybe so but at least we got the big two covered.

Reactions: cmanole and gwgwi
Dude, take a lap, you are unsurprisingly killing the vibe

Guess I'm not worth much...

Reactions: RTM58
Why do women tell you their problems but not want solutions?
complain about things without wanting someone to tell us how to fix it?

Have you read the book “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus”?

This is actually a pretty broad distinction between most men and women.

You’ll find plenty of women frustrated that their men are offering solutions when what they want is someone to listen to their problem.

Most men relay a problem to another man not simply to commiserate, but in search of a solution. Men think they’re being helpful when offering solutions to their spouses, but their spouse is seeking to vent.

You’ve never noticed this distinction?

Reactions: EconSean
There's plenty of differences I think. My wife does the OPs example to me all the time.

However, I would expect there are just as many things that men do that aggravate wives, even if they are different. I know the mansplaining thing hit home to me big time.

Another thing...it drives me crazy, and therefore I drive my wife crazy, when she treats given instructions as "guidelines".

I'm not talking about instructions me to her, but things like recipes. Like if she's trying to recreate a fancy drink we used somewhere, and they used say tangerine vodka, and we'll be in the store and pick up clementine vodka because she sees it.

"That will be close enough."
"But there's probably tangerine vodka on the other side of this aisle."
"No, this is fine."
"Like literally, one step around the aisle. Just take a look."
"No, I'm good."
"Listen, I'LL walk around to the other side and check. Give me 10 seconds to see if they have tangerine."
"No, I'll get this."

Now, this is something I won't even consider drinking...so why should I care...but it makes me bananas. I know it drives her crazy when I get in her business about stuff like that.

I think guys are more likely to have a huge hang up on the "right" way to do something, and it makes them cringe to see someone do it differently or especially more inefficiently.

I think guys are more likely to have a huge hang up on the "right" way to do something, and it makes them cringe to see someone do it differently or especially more inefficiently.

The ex use to get a recipe and then would use different ingredients, but similar, only to be surprised it doesn't taste the same. REALLY...REALLY...It doesn't taste the same. Insert "I'm Shocked face" here.

Have you read the book “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus”?

This is actually a pretty broad distinction between most men and women.

kc78 disagrees ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you were a guy you'd understand.

Last edited:

I didn't state that. A woman did. A women is who is accomplished in her field as both a professional volleyball player and model. She is an Alpha female in every way at the top of her field, but she gets it. Of course it is somewhat of a stereotype, but stereotypes don't exist unless there is some truth to it.

And if I have a problem about how to fix something, I will deal with it and fix it. I may ask friend for help, I might ask me ex if the problem is with our kids.

And yes a relationship with your wife should absolutely be about more than food and sex, but without those elements for a man, at least sex, there is no relationship.

Google the term "hypergamy" to see how the world works.

Kc. I don't mean to be combative or disagreeable just like to discuss stuff.Nothing personalI I know you're a good guy. sometimes I just post stuff on here to contribute to an argument.

Last edited:
PLL%20Ignore%20It.gif

or...

me, "doesn't matter"
Been married to a Nole for over 43 years and this scenario happens at least twice a week when eating out. I have been known to pick a restaurant I didn’t want to go to just to make sure she wouldn’t pick it.

Her: hey babe, got a new toy...(wink wink)...wanna play around tonight??
Me: heck yeah babe...got me a new flesh light...I’m in!
Her: loser

I totally agree with you and was going to bring this up in a caring discussion, but she called and said she was running late, so I fapped, ate a hot pocket, and fell asleep on the couch.

or...

me, "doesn't matter"

That conversation happens a lot at my house smh

Her: hey babe, got a new toy...(wink wink)...wanna play around tonight??
Me: heck yeah babe...got me a new flesh light...I’m in!
Her: loser
Question: Are"flesh lights" actually operational as flash lights? Would make power outages more fun.

Reactions: goldmom
Question: Are"flesh lights" actually operational as flash lights? Would make power outages more fun.

Lol...actually, I’ve never even seen one. But perhaps it does, it could be a multipurpose tool.

or...

me, "doesn't matter"

I heard the best way around this:

Tell her the restaurant tonight is a surprise, then tell her she gets 3 guesses. Take her to her first guess.

or...

me, "doesn't matter"

It's like they're trained for this from birth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT