ADVERTISEMENT

Why fans are turning away from Pro football........

Duo

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jul 23, 2006
A WTH moment:

Just read that at Gillette Stadium, home of the Patriots, that when they ran out of bottled water charged customers $4.50 per paper cup for water right out of the tap!

That in and of itself is enough to keep fans away.

Imagine attending a Pro game..............

* Fighting your way through traffic jams to get a parking place.

* $30 or more for parking then walking a mile through human traffic to finally get to your seat.

* $100 per seat

* $50 for refreshments, hot dogs, beers, pop corn, etc.

* Wait in line to use the restroom.

* Time to leave and fight the human and auto traffic again.

* But wait, after yelling you are thirsty and would like a drink of water and have to pay $4.50 for tap water!

Hey...........you just spent $184.50 (plus the cost of gas) X 2 = $369 for two people to come away disgusted and PO'ed. Just imagine all the other things you could have been doing that would have been fun and would have left you feeling happy! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The LA Chargers welcoming their fans -

DJ8lTVQUQAAynkq.jpg

So Bill, shall I take it that you don't go out and watch Jameis do his thing at Raymond James?

Nope. But I've never been a Bucs fan. Every season as a home town team I hope they do well but I have just never been all that interested in the team.

I'd add that, especially at a place like Gillette, the cost is enough where the fans that can go are usually more interested in business deals or networking.

I've been to a couple games there and the crowd is horrible. Most everyone is up to something else rather than the average joe fan who wants to really be a part of the game. I remember one game I saw Vince Wilfork of all people got an interception and had a nice little return with it. Me, not even a Pats fan, was cheering for the play and a bunch of people behind us on their phones asked us to quiet down. Pathetic, but that's what you get when the price becomes exclusionary. .

Good post.

Reactions: Bill From Tampa
ADVERTISEMENT