Women's Basketball

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Noles pick up a major commitment! #3 ranked guard in the country picked FSU over Texas, Georgia, NCST.

Ta’Niya Latson is the 17th ranked overall player in the 2022 class (#3 ranked guard). Major pickup for the team. A backcourt of her and O’mariah is going to be crazy in a couple of years!

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Talaysia Cooper the #18 ranked player in the 2022 class visited this us weekend. Her final four are Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia and FSU. She has two officials visit left (UGA and SC)

flyrod

Contributor
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2002
How about the Morgan kid out of Fla high school.
Are they recruiting her

Bill From Tampa

Veteran Seminole Insider
Apr 1, 2002
Womens Hoops Ranked 15th by Lindys Magazine

Crazyhorse20

Seminole Insider
May 13, 2018
Tonie Morgan committed to GT today. With us landing Latson, I didn’t see her coming here.

Noles are also after 6-5 Kyla Oldacre from Ohio. We have had recruiting success out of Ohio, hopefully it continues

Looks like Oldacre goes to the same school as Pusius did.

Reactions: semispear

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
2023 #1 Ranked Wing Madison Booker lists FSU in her top 9 schools along with UConn, SC, Tennessee, Duke, MSU, Oregon, Texas and Louisville.
Noles have some stiff competition for this one but good to see us competing with top schools for elite prospects like this one.

Reactions: squiffynole

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
ESPN hoopgirls updated the 2022 player rankings. FSU commit Ta’Niya Latson is the #1 ranked guard in the country (#14 ranked overall)!! Huge accomplishment for her as she had a terrific summer. Her and Gordon are gonna be a dangerous backcourt in a couple of years.

Other players we are targeting:

Kyla Oldacre: 6’5 P out of Ohio. Ranked #25 overall. Took her official visit last weekend. Already visited NCST and will visit Miami this weekend.

Talayasia Cooper: 6’0 PG out of SC. Ranked #18 overall. Has already visited Tennessee, FSU, SC and will take her final visit to UGA this weekend. So expect her decision to come soon.

squiffynole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
Saw and spoke to Coach Sue today. She is back in town and seems full of energy for the upcoming season. I hope that energy will work its way down to each of the team members as well.
That's great!

I wonder how our new assistant coach Craig Carter is doing? From what I read he's very experienced, a strong recruiter and works with guards. The program could use stability at the assistant coach level.

ranger43

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Obviously, I hope he does well. We could use someone with those strengths. Ever since Lance White left for Pitt, I have felt that there has been a drop off in the overall team coaching package we had at the time before his departure.

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Coach Sue said Myers and Jones have improved the most since last season. Myers stepping up could really take this team to the next level.

We have 14 players on the roster this season. Tons of depth esp in the backcourt. Who do you all think will be the starting PG? Jackson ran point out of necessity last season. England is back this season but was diagnosed with POTS over the summer so not sure how that affects her play. Gordon had a minor surgical procedure on her heel this off season.

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
#25 Kyla Oldacre (6-5 Center) has committed to Miami over FSU, Tennessee and NC State. Really surprised at this pick as Miami would have been the last out of that group that I would have guessed her to pick as they have always been a fast-paced guard oriented program. I thought we had a really good chance at landing her.

Big recruiting loss IMO. We had good Ohio pipeline in the past with bigs such Bravard, Howard and Myers. Next season Baldwin will be the only Center on the roster and Oldacre would have filled a huge need.

Pretty sure that wraps up the 2022 recruiting class for us as I don’t expect us to land Cooper (would be glad to be wrong tho).

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
#18 Talaysia Cooper is committing tomorrow. Will choose between FSU, South Carolina, UGA and Tennessee.

Although we didn’t make her final list we really missed out on Florida’s top player who is ranked #3 in this class. Janiah Barker committed to UGA today. UGA becoming more prominent on the recruiting scene in the southeast is not good for us as we already have an uphill battle recruiting against SC (and now Miami apparently).

Lanoles

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2001
Opening Game, Sue is Back, 4 senior starters...mix in a few new comers that can shoot and hopefully by the end of the season, they mesh and go dancing.

Section 101 Row H tonight at 7 PM

squiffynole

Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
Opening Game, Sue is Back, 4 senior starters...mix in a few new comers that can shoot and hopefully by the end of the season, they mesh and go dancing.

Section 101 Row H tonight at 7 PM
We'll practically be neighbors - look for a goofy guy Section 102, Row P.